Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > OpenTX Radios

OpenTX Radios OpenTX Radios Discussion and Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2019, 08:51 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

@bladecrasher try putting your TH line at the bottom if the mix, not the top. And donít forget to make it a Replace like the rest.
xoexoe is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2019, 09:10 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

if you're going to use 4 lines on the ch3 mix page, you don't need to use curves since you're essentially using 4 straight line curves that just replace the switch value for the proper single value the flight controller uses. if you want to do that, instead of 4 curves, use MAX with the range set to 0 and the offset set to the value you want out of the throttle channel. if you want to use a 2 line mix, do what i did in my oxy2.otx file which is one 3 point curve with the three points set to the specific three throttle values you want and a second mix line that replaces the throttle value with -100 when the hold switch is in the hold position.

i know what you have will work, but it helps to think forward to when you may need to read the program and modify it so you really want the simplest, most straight forward program possible and that usually means fewer lines, nor more.
kuroguy is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2019, 09:52 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Will try this, but I thought I read the lines are evaluated from the top down which would mean the hold SH would never be evaluated since switch SA is always in one of the three possible locations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoexoe View Post
@bladecrasher try putting your TH line at the bottom if the mix, not the top. And donít forget to make it a Replace like the rest.
Old 11-15-2019, 10:00 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the link to your otx file and explanation of the three point curve. I got confused on that last night when the three points were the default values, but now I think I understand. My points will be @ 30,70,100 for the HS settings in the Talon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroguy View Post
....if you want to use a 2 line mix, do what i did in my oxy2.otx file which is one 3 point curve with the three points set to the specific three throttle values you want and a second mix line that replaces the throttle value with -100 when the hold switch is in the hold position.
Old 11-15-2019, 03:42 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade_crasher View Post
Thanks for the link to your otx file and explanation of the three point curve. I got confused on that last night when the three points were the default values, but now I think I understand. My points will be @ 30,70,100 for the HS settings in the Talon.
Yes but your 30,70,100 seems to indicate that negative values on that channel will have no effect? I think what you're looking for is 30% 70% and 100% which would translate to channel values of -40, 40, and 100.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Old 11-15-2019, 04:03 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Using the "KISS" mode of thinking, where the Talon requires a GovStore setting at a 30%, 70% or 100% flat curve.

Eventually, I need to adjust for the fact that 30 is really -40, per the 30 x 2 - 100 calculation.

It would be nice to be able to retain the 30,70,100 in the Curve or Mix area so it helps me remember what is what.

To get the actual 30% for example though when it leaves the Output area, I need to adjust something, which I'm thinking might be the Output (end-points) or Min/Max values. I need to "Invert" two channels in Output also.

I can see what Throttle channel is sending by having the Spirit FBL unit in setup mode and visually check what the Throttle channel is showing at the 3 curve positions.

Should this work or am I still confused?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroguy View Post
Yes but your 30,70,100 seems to indicate that negative values on that channel will have no effect? I think what you're looking for is 30% 70% and 100% which would translate to channel values of -40, 40, and 100.

Old 11-15-2019, 04:29 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

You got it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in