Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade Nano S2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2019, 07:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Nano S2 stunt mode ?

I'm learning and pretty good at hovering in Mode 0 (in my living room. Just for kicks, I tried Mode 2 (stunt mode). It seems like hovering is impossible in this mode - super sensitive. I crash on takeoff... Is it supposed to me that much harder ?
964racer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2019, 12:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think the problem is that mode 0 is so overly easy. Mode 2 gets easier with practice, lots of practice. Maybe just use mode 0 to learn orientations, and then move on to mode 2 once you're ready to take things to the next level.
navigator2011 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2019, 11:39 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

lol yes it is harder, even harder with a cpx but that's the fun, you can do it just keep at it and you will be amazed how quick us humans can adapt
jaymarley is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2019, 04:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mode 0 and mode 2 are two completely different worlds, and essentially two completely different control methods. In self levelling flight modes (mode 0 and 1), the heli self levels when stick is centered, and you have to hold the stick off-center for the heli to stay tilted at an angle. In stunt mode (mode 2), there is no self levelling, and the heli will stay at whatever angle it was last at when you let go of the stick. Bumping the stick just momentarily in any direction will tilt the heli very fast, and it will stay at that angle until you tilt it back the other way.

Example:
mode 0: to fly forward, you need to HOLD the cyclic stick forward.
mode 2: to fly forward, you bump the cyclic stick forward for only an instant and then let go of the stick, and the heli stays tilted forward and flies forward.
Old 11-26-2019, 09:19 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Think of it like flying a unicycle, but in three dimensions.

You need to be very careful applying any control force, and then you have to be able to stop it.

The other thing with flying in stunt mode, as I never tire of point out, is that you will basically have to re-learn orientations, even if you know them now. Stuff will happen a lot faster in stunt mode, and you won't have the time to wiggle the stick one way and see what happens and if the copter doesn't do what you want, then try wiggling the other way.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in