Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade Nano S2

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By jpedersm1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2019, 07:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Nano and DX6 Setup

Hey guys I am having some issues with setting the radio up for this heli. I can get it to bind fine, but when flying does not seam normal. Like 7 years ago I had a mcxp and that thing was twitchy. I through this in stunt 2 and from my understanding that is full throttle and what not. When doing this the heli did spin up a little, but when givving full throttle it does not climb well same as well as the stick is pitch forward it seams like it could go faster but it is not. lasly I am not sure if throttle cut is set to normal eaither I got it on switch h on the off postion the throttle value states it is at -99 and in the on -130.
jpedersm1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2019, 12:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

if you switch to stunt 2 does the led turn red on the circuit board on the nano s2? red indicates full 3d mode. Blue indicates "SAFE" mode.
SAB Goblin 500 Sport
fiddle is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2019, 03:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

It never turned red. To fix the issue I went to the radios website and they had a profile for the heli. After uploading this and binding again it is a entire new heli. Normal mode is slow stunt 1 is fast but self leveling and stunt 2 well lets just say I put it into the wall. Out of curiosity when I get use to it can I do 3d stuff in stunt 1 with self level or will it fight it to much?
Old 11-19-2019, 09:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpedersm1 View Post
It never turned red. To fix the issue I went to the radios website and they had a profile for the heli. After uploading this and binding again it is a entire new heli. Normal mode is slow stunt 1 is fast but self leveling and stunt 2 well lets just say I put it into the wall. Out of curiosity when I get use to it can I do 3d stuff in stunt 1 with self level or will it fight it to much?
It will not invert in stable mode..when I finally got mine working on my old dx7, I have three distinctive modes .full 3d, stable upright and ultra stable( this flies like a fixed pitch msr) when I shift from 3d (red light) to stable (blue light) it will flip to upright instantly.,Be prepared to adjust pitch quickly or it comes down fast.
Old 11-20-2019, 05:56 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

So going forward I should just focus on flying in stunt (red Light mode) I just dont want to be flying in one mode for a few months then have to learn everything again.
Old 11-20-2019, 08:06 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes - I never did safe mode on the nanoS2 ... just stayed in stunt 2 all the time while I learned to hover in all 4 upright orientations in my garage throughout the winter months (that and simmed a lot). Then by spring, I was ready for a larger helicopter and a flying club/field.
SAB Goblin 500 Sport
Old 11-20-2019, 09:45 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is there a way to start off in stunt 2 or I must start off in normal mode then move up?
Old 11-20-2019, 09:57 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I put transmitter in normal mode. Then I plug in helicopter battery and let it sit in the takeoff area and arm itself and whatever. Once that is complete and i'm ready to take off, I flip on throtttle hold and flip to stunt 2. Then, I raise collective to mid stick. Then i turn off throttle hold. Once spool up is complete, I raise collective more and take off to fly.
SAB Goblin 500 Sport
Old 11-20-2019, 01:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just a quick question before I do this tonight how many times can I smack a wall before something breaks?
Old 11-20-2019, 02:22 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

maybe once ... maybe ten times .... depends how hard you smack it. Have throttle hold ready to be flipped for when it starts to get away from you.
SAB Goblin 500 Sport
Old 11-22-2019, 06:33 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Fiddle, Thanks for your input now going into stunt 2 is a breeze. I have throttle hold set and raise the stick just above half way and click it into stunt 2 and it starts up. When doing this I can actually control it inside of a 10 by 10 room doing tail in and side hovers.
motoxxxman and fiddle like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in