Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Thunder Tiger 30/50

Thunder Tiger 30/50 Raptor 30, Raptor 50 Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2019, 12:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Bringing my Never used Titan X50 F to life

So I bought a Titan X50 F years ago and built it all the way up to the part where you have to install the electronics. Time got away from me over the years and the helicopter sat collecting dust.

I brought it out and am going to clean all the dust off of it. I got googling and was surprised to see times have changed and the raptors/titans are a thing of the past.

So now I question what should I do with this..... save it and hang it all the wall unused forever. Or should I outfit it with the latest electronics and fly it. I am a bit concerned with limited parts availability and if I damage it what if I can't find the parts that would be a bummer. I am not sure what parts typical get damaged in a wreck that I should try to find.

I figure there aren't many of these new out there anymore. Aside from some rust on the black oxide bolt heads (i let it sit in my moms basement for years like an idiot) its in like new shape.

What is everyones thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	heli.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	826211   Click image for larger version

Name:	heli2.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	826213   Click image for larger version

Name:	heli3.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	114.2 KB
ID:	826215   Click image for larger version

Name:	heli4.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	826217   Click image for larger version

Name:	heli5.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	109.7 KB
ID:	826219  

Name:	heli6.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	146.8 KB
ID:	826221  
gerard143 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2019, 08:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I say fly it and have fun. There is a site i'm trying to find that sells the kits still and i'm sure the parts. I saw it awhile back on here in a thread. I can't remember where at the moment, but i'll try to find it. Someone else on here might remember.

XL 520 Stock motor, OMG cyclic servos, KST tail, HW 120amp ESC, Ikon 2 FBL.
Blades345 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2019, 09:11 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Fly IT!!

YES, Get it going,,,I would go over everything once again though.Recheck all connections.make sure all works correctly. Take the glow plug out,turn the engine over by hand,,even take the back plate off and check the bearings. I would just dump some oil in there and move things around..I mix 5/20,and trans fluid together and use it for a lot of heli stuff,,it works...JUst drain all excess oil from the crank afterwords.
And that engine isn't a bad one,,i had it in my titan 50 se for years.I still have it.
Goodluck !
kiptone is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2019, 12:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Beautiful Raptor 50 Titan!

gerard 143, here is my Raptor 50 Titan, It is 12years old, and in spotless condition!, It has a O.S.55 Hyper and O.S. Tuned pipe, Multigov Pro, Hitec servos, Futaba 401 gyro, all Edge Rotor blades,never crashed, Kind of seems like we are both in the same situation, Helikraft in China, has most of the parts for Thunder Tiger....
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1154.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	214.2 KB
ID:	829345   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1155.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	212.3 KB
ID:	829347   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1158.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	146.3 KB
ID:	829349  

Last edited by VortechZ230; 12-06-2019 at 03:29 PM.. Reason: changed description
VortechZ230 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2020, 03:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi from sunny South Africa. Fly that X50 and enjoy it. I have 4 of they and they fly extremly well and have been really reliable.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSCF7448_1580503580529.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	839409   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF7447_1580503620999.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	839411  
plopes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in