Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Goblin 280

Goblin 280 SAB Heli Division - Goblin 280 Helicopters

Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2019, 05:58 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok, any update on your setup and maiden flight with the new servos. I have been patiently waiting . As I have a mini comet on the way
RRRaptor is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2019, 09:09 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Unfortunately the weather here has been crap. To make matters worse, I have not been able to get into a gym either.
Corvette & Copter Guy is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2019, 02:25 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette & Copter Guy View Post
Unfortunately the weather here has been crap. To make matters worse, I have not been able to get into a gym either.
Use that time to upload some pics of your new little machine for us.
Old 12-30-2019, 08:00 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I guess I could but...I'm thinking about doing a video (before gym flying Wednesday) to show some of what I did.
Corvette & Copter Guy is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2020, 07:13 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Did a video.
SAB mini comet w/neo (1 min 3 sec)
blarks likes this.
Old 01-02-2020, 08:39 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

looks great, top OCD points

I'd love to know where you end up with your gains if you care to share once it's dialled in. Im working on mine but they are all down the very bottom of the slider. I may have to play in the advanced settings a bit.
DJI F450 Naza/GPS/EZOSD
neilius is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2020, 08:43 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

extend the rpm wire and use the neo gov.. looks very clean, great job.
Old 01-02-2020, 09:01 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonys-heli View Post
extend the rpm wire and use the neo gov.. looks very clean, great job.

Thx. I thought about using the Vgov (like all my models) but the last owner was using the esc gov and I don't have a program box.

I started with my head/tail gains as listed in the comet manual. I have lowered all of them (head/tail in each bank) by 10. Everything seems fine but all I've done is ff in a gym.
NEAGRON likes this.
Old 01-03-2020, 05:43 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

so how did you set the esc gov with no prog box? the tx end points still need to be set in heli linear or heli gov off.
Old 01-03-2020, 06:03 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
so how did you set the esc gov with no prog box? the tx end points still need to be set in heli linear or heli gov off.
The gov is already set from factory.

The torq's look in there c&cg. Nice wiring too.
Old 01-03-2020, 08:01 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

But to set the endpoints correctly you need to take it out of governor store mode then set the endpoints and then put it back to Gov store mode you can’t do the endpoints when the ESC is in Gov store.
All the esc sees is a flat line in gov. I mean if it works with the Neo that’s great but I’ve always put it in Heli linear and then back to Gov store. But I leave it in heli gov off for neo gov. So even then you would still need the program box
Old 01-03-2020, 08:53 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
But to set the endpoints correctly you need to take it out of governor store mode then set the endpoints and then put it back to Gov store mode you can’t do the endpoints when the ESC is in Gov store.
All the esc sees is a flat line in gov. I mean if it works with the Neo that’s great but I’ve always put it in Heli linear and then back to Gov store. But I leave it in heli gov off for neo gov. So even then you would still need the program box
Respectfully, I don’t think you need to change the Governor mode. What does need to change is having a ‘normal’ throttle curve set in the transmitter instead of the flat curve used with a Governor. To set the endpoints, just follow step 2 of the Hobbywing manual. No need to switch Governor modes.

If you wanted to re-standardize the Governor, then you’ll have to have a program box, change the mode from ‘Store Gov’ to ‘Elf Gov’ power off and the set back to ‘Store Gov’ then perform the Standardization process.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FF61CDD7-3D62-4DE6-9A2C-9B8D52D659A6_1578062679653.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	833853
JimJW is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2020, 11:09 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks but I know how to set the governor store.. I also use vcontrol and have used many hobby wing ESC’s. My point is I’ve always set up the ESC throttle points then I either used the governor in the ESC or the FBL.
Either way you still need the program box. Because to use the neo governor you can’t leave it in Governor store.
And with vcontrol you can’t set a linear curve you need to setup the esc in a special mode. Which is not a problem I’ve done it many times. But again you still need the program box.
I appreciate the feedback but you’re missing my point..
Old 01-03-2020, 11:51 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Tony, my mistake. I didn’t realize the OP wanted to use the FBL Governor...

I’ve been using the ESC gov on my Fireball & Mini Comet. I’m been happy with how that works.
JimJW is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2020, 01:08 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thx for all the nice comments. If you guys only knew how long it took me to do my wiring, but the end result is always worth it...to me. This was also my first wiring job I used the (bread ties for lack of a better description) that come on the servo in the package.

I think my Logo 700 I spent more time on the wiring than any other model. And soon a video of that will be posted...in the sale section.

So the esc gov...
Honestly I would rather run Vgov and a Tribunus esc. Its hands down my favorite set up. Yes I can still run Vgov (and borrow a program box) but for now I'll leave it as is.
blarks likes this.
Old 01-03-2020, 04:48 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Thanks but I know how to set the governor store.. I also use vcontrol and have used many hobby wing ESCís. My point is Iíve always set up the ESC throttle points then I either used the governor in the ESC or the FBL.
Either way you still need the program box. Because to use the neo governor you canít leave it in Governor store.
And with vcontrol you canít set a linear curve you need to setup the esc in a special mode. Which is not a problem Iíve done it many times. But again you still need the program box.
I appreciate the feedback but youíre missing my point..
I bought the fireball esc (not the actual HW) I don't recall doing endpoints, I just plugged it in and away I went. If you buy a fireball/mini comet they expect you to have the HW program box? Yes when you want to use the fbl gov you will need prog box. Not having a go but maybe I'm missing the point or I have done something wrong but I never had a problem flying with it.
Old 01-03-2020, 05:00 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

so far, the only fbl that ive seen that didn't need throttle calibration, was ikon2.. its done in the setup menu. otherwise, you cant do a throttle cal, or end points in gov store, the way the esc is shipped. without doing a throttle end point, how could it arm?? it doesn't know high or low throttle.. this is why so many people have problems with cutting out or gov problems.

vcontrol still has a throttle cal.. high, low. BUT, in that mode, its direct throttle control, so its linear.. not a flat line. only in that esc setup mode.
glad it works for people, but i'll stick to using the box on setup. why not, its so easy to get it right.
Old 01-03-2020, 05:49 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The original owner (also runs Vcontrol) never did anything with the esc and ran that gov...so I figured I might as well do the same.
I'm not saying the program box is not the best way, but it is working just fine. To be fair, the electronic/program side of the hobby is my weak spot for sure. A big reason I love the Vcontrol/Neo/Tribunus combo.
Old 01-03-2020, 06:00 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

most of my stuff is converted to tribunus, vcontrol, so hobbywing is old hat for me..

glad its working, just trying to help ya..
Old 01-03-2020, 06:08 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
most of my stuff is converted to tribunus, vcontrol, so hobbywing is old hat for me..

glad its working, just trying to help ya..
So SAB states somewhere that you need the HW program box when you buy a fireball/mini comet?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in