Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Mikado V-BAR

Mikado V-BAR Mikado V-Stabi/V-BAR Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2019, 02:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question Raised/ Extreme vibrations on logs??

Hello,

I was going through my logs on Vcontrol and found in almost every flight whether it's goblin 700 or trex550 there's always raised and extreme vibrations detected .

Should I be concerned on finding a solution? I did go over the helis mechanically everything looks and operates well + I get the same thing on a brand new G700 sport.

So whats all that vibration about?

Last edited by FaisalHeli's; 12-15-2019 at 03:10 AM..
FaisalHeli's is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2019, 03:21 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

On your next flight lift the model into a hover and hold the model still for about 30 seconds. Do a fast pirouette and stop it as fast as you can. Hover again for 30 seconds.

Now take a look at the logs. Any abrupt moves is seen as vibration by the fbl unit and is quite normal. If during the time the model was in the hover you have raised vibration then you really do and something on the model is generating it.

If you are using vbar controller, have a helper and you have pro firmware then you can display vibration analyser real time and your helper will be able to see at what frequency the vibration is occurring.
FaisalHeli's likes this.
Andy from Sandy is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2019, 04:05 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy from Sandy View Post
On your next flight lift the model into a hover and hold the model still for about 30 seconds. Do a fast pirouette and stop it as fast as you can. Hover again for 30 seconds.

Now take a look at the logs. Any abrupt moves is seen as vibration by the fbl unit and is quite normal. If during the time the model was in the hover you have raised vibration then you really do and something on the model is generating it.

If you are using vbar controller, have a helper and you have pro firmware then you can display vibration analyser real time and your helper will be able to see at what frequency the vibration is occurring.

yes I do have pro software installed, I will try it next time.
Does it help if I use velcro strap on it or ziptie inside a tube such as fuel line?

By vibration frequency do you mean as increase/decrease during maneuvers or certain frequencies describe certain problems?
Old 12-15-2019, 07:17 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

All normal for 3D flying to show the vibration warnings. Do not velcro or tie the Neo down.
FaisalHeli's likes this.
Old hand at Planks
Peter
Vinger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2019, 07:27 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

What mounting tape did you use? It can make a difference.
Old 12-15-2019, 07:36 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

just check vibes in a hover with the analyzer.
I get the vibe warning too, its normal.
it amazes me that people still tie wrap or strap down their fbl's.
Old 12-15-2019, 08:35 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by K2Freak View Post
What mounting tape did you use? It can make a difference.
I use one of those three:
1. Vbar 3M (from original packaging)
2. Scotch 3M double sided almost gel-foam like material, very similar to Vbar's
3. RJX fbl tape also 3M and very similar to the rest.
On the 550x I couldn't remember which one I used originally so I replaced it with Vbar's tape and still same result.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonys-heli View Post
just check vibes in a hover with the analyzer.
I get the vibe warning too, its normal.
it amazes me that people still tie wrap or strap down their fbl's.
Here's a fun fact, my friend has 700 Havok (3 blades); a Goblin sport by the end of the day, but his analyzer reads no vibrations...

Yea I never do tie it down or strap it, Iv seen people do though specially on nitro's and do remember some recommendations on it...
Thinking about it logically; wouldn't it increase vibrations carried on to the FBL?

Thanks to all participants I appreciate your time and efforts, I will soon post an update on results of analyzer if you guys are interested.
Old 12-15-2019, 08:48 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Mostly it sounds like you’re on exactly the right track. I have sometimes had better results with two layers of FBL tape.
FaisalHeli's likes this.
Old 12-15-2019, 10:06 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
By vibration frequency do you mean as increase/decrease during maneuvers or certain frequencies describe certain problems?
The frequency in Hertz that the vibration is occurring at.

https://www.convertunits.com/from/hertz/to/RPM

Quote:
All normal for 3D flying to show the vibration warnings.
Without more information or the log itself it is not good if the log is full from start to finish with raised vibration. I tuned my logo 550 and was able to go a whole flight with no vibration warnings and I was not just hovering.
Andy from Sandy is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2019, 11:17 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Without more information or the log itself it is not good if the log is full from start to finish with raised vibration. I tuned my logo 550 and was able to go a whole flight with no vibration warnings and I was not just hovering.[/QUOTE]

Well that's why I am concerned. Every flight has both raised and extreme vibrations detected.
I agree with you, I'm not comfortable with not paying attention to system warnings. Im gonna try to get this solved.
Old 12-15-2019, 11:28 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

What is your flying style? What kind of flying were you doing?

This is why I suggested you do a minute of hovering with a quick stop piro in the middle as during the hover you shouldn't have any vibration warnings.
Old 12-15-2019, 12:32 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy from Sandy View Post
What is your flying style? What kind of flying were you doing?

This is why I suggested you do a minute of hovering with a quick stop piro in the middle as during the hover you shouldn't have any vibration warnings.
In terms of flying; nothing too crazy just standard 3D maneuvers, big air, high speed funnels/hurricanes, some hard stops here and there... I try to mix between smoothness and smack (still not very good in smack), but as you said I need to have a spotter that monitors the analyzer.
Check some of my posts on instagram I have a few videos: https://www.instagram.com/faisalabuhaimed/

On another note, about a week ago I had a moderate drift like an aileron input, it was weird but also very very windy. Later on at home I decided to check the logs and found something of that sort "aileron signal lost" after some investigation I found that servo wires were slipping out of the unit. Added some double sided tape on it and they seem solid+message didnt appear again. Could the wires be the cause of vibration?

To be clear, I am not supposed to have any vibrations warning during a hover?
Old 12-15-2019, 08:46 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaisalHeli's View Post
In terms of flying; nothing too crazy just standard 3D maneuvers, big air, high speed funnels/hurricanes, some hard stops here and there... I try to mix between smoothness and smack (still not very good in smack), but as you said I need to have a spotter that monitors the analyzer.
Check some of my posts on instagram I have a few videos: https://www.instagram.com/faisalabuhaimed/

On another note, about a week ago I had a moderate drift like an aileron input, it was weird but also very very windy. Later on at home I decided to check the logs and found something of that sort "aileron signal lost" after some investigation I found that servo wires were slipping out of the unit. Added some double sided tape on it and they seem solid+message didnt appear again. Could the wires be the cause of vibration?

To be clear, I am not supposed to have any vibrations warning during a hover?
Take off and hover and land and there should be no vibration warnings except maybe during landing. You can open the vib analysis app and take screenshots on the VBC or VBCt.
Old hand at Planks
Peter
Old 12-19-2019, 03:11 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Could the wires be the cause of vibration?
Depending on how you have them, yes they can.

A picture would be helpful.
Old 12-19-2019, 05:26 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Some pictures of wires routed to the Vbar
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1377.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	831601

Name:	IMG_1378.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	129.7 KB
ID:	831603
Old 12-19-2019, 09:11 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Wires must be supported at about 3cm/1" from the Neo and if the servo wires are covered then the last bit must be uncovered to limit vibration transfer.
K2Freak and blarks like this.
Old hand at Planks
Peter
Old 12-20-2019, 02:52 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Vinger:
The wires are somewhat supported, I did leave some slack where they attach to the vbar and they are ziptied to plastic plate; hence they appear with fluffy twist on the top.

Not sure if I want to remove the housing on the wire, I'm either going to damage actual servo wire or go A LOT of steps back which I would do if I ultimately have to.
Old 12-20-2019, 02:53 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Again SORRY I still didn't do the hover check. I haven't been able to go to the field lately...
Old 12-20-2019, 03:11 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Your second picture seems to show quite a long length of unsupported "heavy" leads that in high g moves could flap around. As Vinger I am not a fan of covering the servo leads.

You can check if you have any underlying vibration by running up the model on the bench without the main blades and disconnecting the rudder control rod.
Old 12-20-2019, 03:37 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default The wire support "somewhat" lol

Name:	IMG_1383.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	831743

There is a ziptie/cable tie, to hold them in place and not put too much tension on FBL

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in