Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Main Forum - Helicopter Talk

Main Forum - Helicopter Talk R/C Helicopters and the people who fly them. VENDOR TOPICS DO NOT GO HERE. Full Scale Heli threads go in OT please

Like Tree80Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2019, 05:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Spektrum Fc6250hx

Anyone have any reviews and or experience with this flybarless unit yet? Iím not sure to go with the older Ar7210bx or this new unit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2019, 05:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Is the latest one?
Corvette & Copter Guy is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2019, 05:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yes. It’s not released yet separately but it has been used on the Blade 330s
Old 12-23-2019, 06:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I've watched Gary Wright put it through its paces. He has been instrumental in its release.
crashcopterman and jasond1979 like this.
Corvette & Copter Guy is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2019, 06:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

AR7210 all day

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
Cyclone7 likes this.
CrazyComi is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2019, 08:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette & Copter Guy View Post
I've watched Gary Wright put it through its paces. He has been instrumental in its release.
Interesting!! He can most definitely fly, love his style.
Old 12-23-2019, 08:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashcopterman View Post
Interesting!! He can most definitely fly, love his style.
I've watched him flight after flight. He is very smooth. He'll stand there talk to ya during his entire flight. One of the BEST ambassadors our hobby has.
Epoweredrc and crashcopterman like this.
Old 12-23-2019, 09:17 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTboy53 View Post
Yes. Itís not released yet separately but it has been used on the Blade 330s
And in the Fusion 360.
jasond1979 likes this.
Old 01-03-2020, 03:13 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ok so does anyone have experience setting them up?
Old 01-03-2020, 03:26 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hopefully Gary will see this post and chime in.
Old 01-06-2020, 01:00 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

first off,.. I was just a beta tester of the unit,.. not a developer. That unit replaced one of my CGY750's, and the others will be replaced when these are in stock and more available. All setup is from the transmitter, no computer or seperate screen to plug in. First time took me maybe half an hour but I was looking through the forward programming menus and doing some experimentation. With different updates on software during development, wanting to start from scratch so as not to infect a new version of software I've set it up a few times now from scratch with a fresh model in the transmitter. Now it's 10 to 15 minutes to do but half of that is removing the blades, moving the motor out to disengage pinion, etc. Setup, then move motor back in place to mesh gears. You have full PID control in each flight mode but I've found that only tail P gain needs changed with the various rpms I fly, so I just setup one set of PID's, agility, rotational rates,..etc. and only tune the tail gain for barious modes

Champaign Il
Helifreak user # 7001
gwright is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2020, 01:14 PM   #12 (permalink)
HF Scale Support

Hi Gary:

I am hoping you are just the person to answer a couple of questions. I am currently using another system in my Diabolo 800 for F3C competition. I have been chatting with a few of the guys that fly F3C representing the USA at world championships quite a bit over the last couple of years about why they are using the equipment they are. You are familiar with the gyro that is commonly used by those at the top. How does the FC6250HX stack up for pure high level F3C use? I currently am able to adjust the phase angle on the fly with the current setup and would like to know if I can setup a flight mode to advance the timing. I have seen the Quest and paid attention to the timing they introduce with the swash driver timing but it is there on all modes whereas I can dial it in with careful mixing on a channel that has been dedicated to adjusting phasing on the go. Is there an "On the Fly" system that allows tuning while flying with the 6250? Thanks.

Don
Keyrigger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2020, 10:12 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I haven't flown F3C in many years (about 25 now,.. dang I'm old), so I'm not really one to ask. It "sits" very well in hover, but You would of course need to lower rates for hover mode. For upstairs stuff I find it more locked in and precise without the need for lots of tuning. You would of course want to tune agility and rotational rates to your liking, but that's the same with any system. There is a phasing adjustment but not seperate per flight mode.
trillian, Keyrigger and jasond1979 like this.

Champaign Il
Helifreak user # 7001
Old 01-07-2020, 10:17 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've mentioned this thread to the engineer that developed this unit and he's on helifreak so maybe he'll chime in if he can find time.
trillian, Keyrigger and jasond1979 like this.

Champaign Il
Helifreak user # 7001
Old 01-07-2020, 10:34 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm too intrested in the unit , always flyed with Spektrum and now with my ix12 would be nice to try this out
- would like to know if it will support other esc ( tribunus / hw and other that have data ) when it comes to telemetry data from the esc , what data will we be getting
- how good is the gov ( compaired to other FBL units )
- will it have rescue and how does its rescue works

when will the manual be available ,
Old 01-07-2020, 11:20 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

The flight controller does not currently have a governer. I'm using the smart 100A esc and the governer is great. I find no need for governing in flight controller like I did with cgy750 and castle esc. For telemetry, it feeds from the Smart throttle connection with the smart esc, so I'm not sure if that will work with any other ESC's.When using a smart battery you also get the battery data through there. Kind of interesting to have telemetry telling you each individual cell voltage in a 6s pack . It does have a self-level function (rescue) that will level it and restricts cyclic and collective,.. same as SAFE mode in blade helis. Embarrasingly enough I actually used it at an event last year. Sun was in a bad spot with lots of haze and glare and I was way too far out for my old eyes. Lost orientation so I hit self level then played with cyclics a few seconds to see which direction I needed to come back. now I'm glad I set it up on the transmitter. Probably saved a heli after flying too far out in poor visibility conditions. I've played with it at other times like hitting rescue in the middle of pirouetting aerobatics just to see how it would work, and yes it always works well.

As for the manual, I'm not sure when it will be posted. I haven't even seen a manual. Brian wrote some notes on it, and I just started navigating the forward programming menus to find everything. You'll go down the wrong menu tree a few times before it gels. Very intuitive though. Primary items you'll tune are of course P, I and D for swash and tail, along with rotational rates, and of course agility on the swash. you can have things seperate according to flight mode, or all the same . Tail can also use the transmitter tail gain features if you want which is what I do. One set of PID's , and the only things my flight mode changes are rpm (governer in esc) and tail gain. the numbers are scaled so there is very fine granularity in tuning.
ragge1 and Keyrigger like this.

Champaign Il
Helifreak user # 7001
Old 01-07-2020, 11:41 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

got 2 helis I like to us to test few things , 6HV with 130A tribunus and HD500 with the 120A tribunus now with the 4651T on , when I like the items then I might try on my other helis that have HW160 v4 , so at the moment not just there on getting the smart esc's ( they don't have higher tha 100A )
Old 01-07-2020, 11:49 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

So what would be the setup media / process if using an older (1st gen) DX8? Is there a PC or Android app.
Old 01-07-2020, 12:16 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am glad that I bought another AR7210BX when it was announced that they were being discontinued.
Cyclone7 is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2020, 03:20 PM   #20 (permalink)
HF Scale Support

Thanks Gary,

It seems that I will be looking out for the manual to arrive online as I need a bit more setup and tuning information to make a decision. With my current gyro, I can assign an adjustment to an open channel and then tweak it with either an open switch or knob/slider. I created a mix to take that channel, bend it back on itself so I could get the adjustment operational on one out of my 5 flight modes. I added 6 degrees negative phasing while in FFF aerobatics. Works like a charm. Is there the ability to have a delayed flight mode timing by any chance? That can come in really handy when changing from hovering to FFF whether in the air or not. Thanks again.

Don
Keyrigger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in