Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Main Forum - Helicopter Talk

Main Forum - Helicopter Talk R/C Helicopters and the people who fly them. VENDOR TOPICS DO NOT GO HERE. Full Scale Heli threads go in OT please

Like Tree80Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2020, 03:50 PM   #21 (permalink)
HF Scale Support

trillian,

I just did a little digging and it looks like you can plug in the 3065 cable from your PC to the 6250. The Bind/Data port on the 330S and 360X has the SRXL2 remote plugged into it so if you unplug that remote, the cable should be able to connected so you can use the Spektrum Programmer to dig into it. There is a not so easy option to use stick programming and if you're like me, I hate that with a passion but it is available if using a DX8 G1. No matter how hard I search the net, crickets are all I hear when looking for a manual, lol. Hope this helps.

Don

PS: Gary, is there an adaptor that will allow us to plug the included 4651T remote in one of the side ports and second, can we plug in a DSMX remote in the second? To me, it seems that the 4651 is still a DSM2/DSMX remote with the secondary capability of SRXL2 communication. Thanks.
trillian likes this.
Keyrigger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2020, 04:42 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Don. Right now I am undecided which way to go as I have been almost all Spartan Vortex since it first came out. Now I want a rescue feature on some of my helis and I have a few Spirits and have tried one but so far I'm not really thrilled with it and not ready to be married to them. I don't really care about telemetry and I'd rather not have to change my TX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyrigger View Post
trillian,

I just did a little digging and it looks like you can plug in the 3065 cable from your PC to the 6250.
Old 01-08-2020, 09:45 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I think I’ll wait till the Ar7210bx is back on the shelves, because there’s just more knowledge about that unit for now. I don’t want to be spending 14 hrs setting a new fbl unit up lol
Old 01-09-2020, 03:06 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTboy53 View Post
I think I’ll wait till the Ar7210bx is back on the shelves, because there’s just more knowledge about that unit for now. I don’t want to be spending 14 hrs setting a new fbl unit up lol
If they ever are 'back on the shelves', which I think is unlikely now. That is why I bought a back up unit when I heard that the AR7210BX was being discontinued.

I am keeping an open mind on the new unit as its sounds as if it is contrived to encourage users to buy into the whole Smart system. I like the concept but think it could end up being an expensive option for many.
Cyclone7 is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2020, 08:59 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

It functions with a smart throttle equiped ESC (avian line) , which will provide all the smart features, and even more when used with a smart battery,.. however,.. also works with old style esc's that only use a simple PWM port. "encourage" is probably the correct term,.. but it's backwards compatible with older technology also. the smart esc's are also backwards compatible. they'll work on a pwm port but when connected serially via an srxl port there is a lot more capability.

Champaign Il
Helifreak user # 7001
gwright is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2020, 09:59 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwright View Post
I've mentioned this thread to the engineer that developed this unit and he's on helifreak so maybe he'll chime in if he can find time.
Who is this Engineer you speak of? Will he/she please step out to be recognized? Its always good to hear it from the horses mouth sorta of speak.

Goodness all the stuff I've purchased from Horizon I think I've kept them in business personally Now I have another thing I"m probably going to buy.

Jason
jasond1979 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2020, 10:14 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Spektrum website says it’ll be re- released in March this year
Old 01-09-2020, 10:35 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ah, so it does

That is good news indeed although it is still showing as discontinued or not listed at all anymore, on other sites. I hope that the AR7210BX stays around for a long time yet - it is an excellent FC & Rx combo.
Helithunder and TTboy53 like this.
Cyclone7 is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2020, 12:46 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasond1979 View Post
Who is this Engineer you speak of? Will he/she please step out to be recognized? Its always good to hear it from the horses mouth sorta of speak.

Goodness all the stuff I've purchased from Horizon I think I've kept them in business personally Now I have another thing I"m probably going to buy.

Jason
Brian Bremer. he's very busy so I'm not sure when or if he'll be able to get on here for questions.

Champaign Il
Helifreak user # 7001
gwright is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2020, 11:27 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

The software update and manual are being released this week according to James Haley on FB. Of course the open stock unit is scheduled for mid January which is like any day now.
trillian likes this.
Old 01-12-2020, 12:05 PM   #31 (permalink)
HF Scale Support

Hi Brian Bremer,

If you have a second, is it going to be possible to hook up the X-Plus 8 channel extender to the SRXL/SRXL2 port and use conventional DSMX remote receivers connected to the two side ports? It's just a mad dream I have of using it in a scale helicopter that requires up to 12 channels but I don't need 11ms. Do I have it wrong that SRXL2 telemetry needs DSMX to work bi-directional or is that only the requirement of another gyro manufacturer to get the bi-directional telemetry working on their system for integration? Thanks.

Don
Old 01-15-2020, 03:31 PM   #32 (permalink)
HF Scale Support

Well, the manual finally made it to the Horizon site after searching for the gyro in the Blade 330S. There is a partial manual there but there are no in-depth menus listed where I could determine IF this controller will provide me the adjustments I need for F3C. Nothing is mentioned about phase adjustment, total flight modes available but it does come with bailout. Connection methods are not well documented and there is some doubt as to how this controller would work on a large scale aircraft for channels over 6 (there might be an Aux on the side of the controller but what it is for is undocumented) has yet to be determined. So, in the meantime, if you need more than 6 channels, it looks like you must use a second receiver and don't even bother about upping the channels with the X-Plus expander, no support is listed anywhere for that device. There might be ways in the future but with no direction given, it is going to be a tough sell for diehard scale or F3C pilots to use it in their helicopters. There is more to this hobby than head banging 3D guys. If someone at Horizon wishes to chime in and add information that is lacking, please do so, as I am only going to wait so long before my hand will be forced to choose another path. Thanks.

Don
Old 01-15-2020, 04:00 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

looks like I can't use my DSMX sat on this on my 600 heli , got to buy SRXL2 Remote thats not released yet and additional $35 x 2
Old 01-15-2020, 04:19 PM   #34 (permalink)
HF Scale Support

I am only guessing here but there may be the ability to connect two DSMX sats to the side inputs and ignore the 4651T or it could be as simple as connecting a DSMX sat to the side because there should be no need for duplicating the 4651T. It is still a DSM2/DSMX satellite inside. With no direction from the developer, we are just flailing away at empty space. I am a pm away from getting a proper F3C gyro system and radio so it would be really good, right about now, for someone to let the world in on what it can and can't do. Hint, hint.

Don
Old 01-15-2020, 04:29 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyrigger View Post
I am only guessing here but there may be the ability to connect two DSMX sats to the side inputs and ignore the 4651T or it could be as simple as connecting a DSMX sat to the side because there should be no need for duplicating the 4651T. It is still a DSM2/DSMX satellite inside. With no direction from the developer, we are just flailing away at empty space. I am a pm away from getting a proper F3C gyro system and radio so it would be really good, right about now, for someone to let the world in on what it can and can't do. Hint, hint.

Don
from the manual
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Merknad 2020-01-15 232817.png
Views:	161
Size:	140.1 KB
ID:	836087  
Old 01-15-2020, 05:10 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Brian used to be pretty active here. I'm surprised he hasn't posted yet.
Old 01-15-2020, 08:00 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoxxxman View Post
Brian used to be pretty active here. I'm surprised he hasn't posted yet.
Brian has been swamped with development work. Although I'm not working at Horizon anymore, I know that his plate is overflowing with work.

I wish I could speak more on some of the questions here, but unfortunately, I don't have the information just yet. I wasn't involved with the official testing and only got my hands on the unit on the backend. More information will be coming soon.

Last edited by MikelG; 01-16-2020 at 01:10 PM..
MikelG is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2020, 01:08 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikelG View Post
I'm not Horizon anymore

I wish I could speak more on some of the questions here, but unfortunately, I don't have the information just yet.
Dang it Mikel you were my favorite Horizon guy still remember watching your B450 3d videos.
rreichar and Bluebell like this.
Old 01-16-2020, 01:15 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyComi View Post
Dang it Mikel you were my favorite Horizon guy still remember watching your B450 3d videos.
LOL people still talk to me about those videos and I absolutely hated doing them (didn't think they were necessary). I'm glad I did though.

Although I don't work for Horizon, I'm still on the team and still try to put out videos when I can (see my youtube channel). I'll try to get some videos for the 6250 but I don't have the video studio, so I'll do what I can for you guys when I get the equipment.
MikelG is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2020, 07:12 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragge1 View Post
looks like I can't use my DSMX sat on this on my 600 heli , got to buy SRXL2 Remote thats not released yet and additional $35 x 2
I think they just mean an SPM4650, which is already released and is $27. Sucks that you can't use satellites you already own. I'm not sure why the 9745 and 9746 (the new satellite receivers, which speak satellite not SRXL2) cost so much more. The SPM4650C (same as the 4650 but with the connector already installed) costs $35, so it may just be a general price increase that hasn't hit the 4650 yet.
nybbler is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in