Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Main Forum - Helicopter Talk

Main Forum - Helicopter Talk R/C Helicopters and the people who fly them. VENDOR TOPICS DO NOT GO HERE. Full Scale Heli threads go in OT please

Like Tree80Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2020, 11:20 PM   #41 (permalink)
HF Scale Support

The reason for the receiver being sent with the 4651T is that the transmitter needs the telemetry from the remote to display it. It seems that you cannot use older DSMX remotes with it and there is little point in trying to use the 4650 as it has low powered telemetry. It was mentioned that the remotes should be used as a matched pair. It was mentioned that only one satellite transmits the telemetry. The side outlets can be used for a pair of receivers but that is if you have another SRXL/SRXL2 device plugged into the Bind/Data port that the included remote is shown plugged into. It looks to be twin remote setup only because if you see in the manual, you plug a second remote into port 2 on the side and not into port 1.

I am still waiting for Brian to poke his head in here and answer a few of our questions. I seriously need the information on how in depth the Forward Programming is when it comes to F3C use. It really does need to have phasing adjustment available and having a smooth transition from one flight mode to another would really be icing on the cake. Hope this helps and gets to Brian soon.

Don
Keyrigger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2020, 08:22 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyrigger View Post
The reason for the receiver being sent with the 4651T is that the transmitter needs the telemetry from the remote to display it. It seems that you cannot use older DSMX remotes with it and there is little point in trying to use the 4650 as it has low powered telemetry. It was mentioned that the remotes should be used as a matched pair. It was mentioned that only one satellite transmits the telemetry.
I was thinking the 4651 which comes with it + a 4650 (no need for full range telemetry on the remote). Be good to know if that's possible.
nybbler is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2020, 04:21 PM   #43 (permalink)
HF Scale Support

Ok, I did it. I ordered an FC6250, AR4651T, and SPMA3066 all at once. I should have them by next Thursday. Hopefully, someone with intimate knowledge of the FC6250HX can get on here before I get these. I will hook it up to my iX12 and just see what this little gem might be able to do. I so want it to be on par with the offerings of that famous Japanese company, you know, what's their name......

Don

Last edited by Keyrigger; 01-20-2020 at 06:27 PM.. Reason: Got the number of the cable wrong.
Old 01-20-2020, 06:17 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't see it for sale anywhere in the UK just yet.

It looks like it comes with a 4651T. Do you need more than 1?
Old 01-20-2020, 06:27 PM   #45 (permalink)
HF Scale Support

I can't imagine how much extra you would pay to bring one in from Canada, lol. My cost is right now 265.00 plus the extra 4651T and the cable so let's just say 330.00 plus 13% tax. I also just realized that I need to order the jumper cable for programming and thought that I ordered the right one. Got to change that in the morning, lol. At least they had the "wrong" cable in stock and didn't need to special order it in. Take care.

Don
trillian likes this.
Old 01-20-2020, 06:34 PM   #46 (permalink)
HF Scale Support

I will need two AR4651T's as it will be installed in an F3C helicopter and they use ALL the space they are flown in. I have never had a hold yet and I have had my Diabolo 800 out a very long way at the Fall Classic F3C contest in Florida and my MD8 at the US Nationals two years ago. Both had dual DSMX remotes in identical locations on the frames with a TM1000 telemetry system. I got a few fades but that was about it. I hope to be able to use the Castle Spektrum Telemetry Link to get ESC data to the TX as there is no Spektrum ESC that can replace the CC 160A setup. Maybe next year. Take care.

Don
trillian likes this.
Old 01-21-2020, 05:37 AM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I hope to be able to use the Castle Spektrum Telemetry Link to get ESC data to the TX as there is no Spektrum ESC that can replace the CC 160A setup. Maybe next year. Take care.
Go for YGE ESC! Telemetry is better than Castle, and internal resistence is lower, keeping temperaures cooler. They work great in Governor-mode. The YGE TexY Adapter will translate to Spektrum X-Bus. In Future, it will be capable of SRLX2.
Old 01-21-2020, 10:22 AM   #48 (permalink)
HF Scale Support

No, it's in a fully working helicopter right now and only the gyro is being swapped out. The Castle has been performing flawless and is nowhere close to being taxed. Thanks for the suggestion.

Don
Old 01-21-2020, 11:48 AM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Found my answer. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...CLCTiIdunIF9oN

Last edited by Witemamba; 01-21-2020 at 12:43 PM..
Witemamba is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2020, 07:18 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Guys,

Didn't realize there was a thread in the general discussion topic, just happened to run into it while searching for something else.

DSMx is a RF protocol, both the older DSMx remotes and the newer DSMx SRXL2 remotes use the same DSMx RF protocol.

The newer SRXL2 remotes use a new 2-way communication protocol (SRXL2) to talk to the flight controller or receiver. The older remote protocol and SRXL2 protocols are not compatible, however the FC6250HX Open Stock Firmware does support both SRXL2 remotes and older non-telemetry DSMx remotes.

To further clarify;

The open stock FC6250HX firmware requires a 4651t (full range telemetry) or 4650 (flyby telemetry) DSMx SRXL2 remote to access forward programming and SMART esc telemetry. You can use a older non telemetry DSMx remote or a 4650/4651T in the RX1 port (RX2 is taken by the SRXL2 remote connected to DATA/BIND/RX2).

The Fusion 360 and Blade 330 S FC6250HX Firmware requires the 4649T DSMx remote to access forward programming and SMART telemetry. A second non-telemetry DSMx remote can be connected to RX1 on the side of the flight controller if desired, not really necessary on the 360 and smaller helis. This bnf/rtf firmware version does not support SRXL2 remotes however you loose no features when using a 4649t.

Swashplate phasing is available under the Setup->Swashplate menu however this is applied to all flight modes. I have flown some controllers where this was necessary per flight mode however the adaptive algorithms within the fc6250hx will adjust as needed in flight. The phasing setting is only there to support some head designs (usually scale) where the offset is far greater than a few degrees or some older unstable blade designs. On the FC6250HX the cyclic feel and behavior remains the same even with large head speed changes.

X-Plus 8 can be used with a non telemetry SRXL spektrum receiver and you can bind multiple receivers to the same transmitter supporting both the FC6250HX and the X-Plus 8 from the same transmitter.

Beta firmware for the Fusion 360 that supports SAFE and SMART esc's is available on spektrumrc.com now. The open stock FC6250HX firmware is also available. Any FC6250HX can be updated but please keep in mind the remote receiver requirements mentioned above before updating.

Manual is not very comprehensive however the setup text is correct. There will be some videos coming soon to help out on this issue.

Main forward programming menu covers swashplate and tailrotor gains, rate, agility, start/stop, or the typical flight adjustments. The SAFE menu allows you to enable angle mode and trim if needed. Panic mode is activated by setting up the mix mentioned in the manual. The setup menu covers the model setup, servo frequencies, subtrims, swash type, swash afr's, servo reversing, tail epa, phasing and piro phasing advance.

The setup menu is in setup order, basically start at the top and work your way down through the menus and setup is complete.

Best Regards,
Brian Bremer
Horizon Hobby, LLC
trillian, ragge1, MikelG and 1 others like this.

Last edited by brianbremer; 01-23-2020 at 07:30 PM..
brianbremer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2020, 09:26 PM   #51 (permalink)
HF Scale Support

Thanks Brian. You have answered lots of questions and I wished that you had seen thread this only a few days before. I have ordered the 6250 but would like to know if there are "In Flight" adjustments that can be programmed to a rotary or multi-position switch? That will open up a nice way to trim functions without needing to land and make the changes with the FP system. After the flight, it could then be set via FP. Thanks.

Don
Old 01-23-2020, 09:32 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianbremer View Post
Hi Guys,

Didn't realize there was a thread in the general discussion topic, just happened to run into it while searching for something else.

DSMx is a RF protocol, both the older DSMx remotes and the newer DSMx SRXL2 remotes use the same DSMx RF protocol.

The newer SRXL2 remotes use a new 2-way communication protocol (SRXL2) to talk to the flight controller or receiver. The older remote protocol and SRXL2 protocols are not compatible, however the FC6250HX Open Stock Firmware does support both SRXL2 remotes and older non-telemetry DSMx remotes.

To further clarify;

The open stock FC6250HX firmware requires a 4651t (full range telemetry) or 4650 (flyby telemetry) DSMx SRXL2 remote to access forward programming and SMART esc telemetry. You can use a older non telemetry DSMx remote or a 4650/4651T in the RX1 port (RX2 is taken by the SRXL2 remote connected to DATA/BIND/RX2).

The Fusion 360 and Blade 330 S FC6250HX Firmware requires the 4649T DSMx remote to access forward programming and SMART telemetry. A second non-telemetry DSMx remote can be connected to RX1 on the side of the flight controller if desired, not really necessary on the 360 and smaller helis. This bnf/rtf firmware version does not support SRXL2 remotes however you loose no features when using a 4649t.

Swashplate phasing is available under the Setup->Swashplate menu however this is applied to all flight modes. I have flown some controllers where this was necessary per flight mode however the adaptive algorithms within the fc6250hx will adjust as needed in flight. The phasing setting is only there to support some head designs (usually scale) where the offset is far greater than a few degrees or some older unstable blade designs. On the FC6250HX the cyclic feel and behavior remains the same even with large head speed changes.

X-Plus 8 can be used with a non telemetry SRXL spektrum receiver and you can bind multiple receivers to the same transmitter supporting both the FC6250HX and the X-Plus 8 from the same transmitter.

Beta firmware for the Fusion 360 that supports SAFE and SMART esc's is available on spektrumrc.com now. The open stock FC6250HX firmware is also available. Any FC6250HX can be updated but please keep in mind the remote receiver requirements mentioned above before updating.

Manual is not very comprehensive however the setup text is correct. There will be some videos coming soon to help out on this issue.

Main forward programming menu covers swashplate and tailrotor gains, rate, agility, start/stop, or the typical flight adjustments. The SAFE menu allows you to enable angle mode and trim if needed. Panic mode is activated by setting up the mix mentioned in the manual. The setup menu covers the model setup, servo frequencies, subtrims, swash type, swash afr's, servo reversing, tail epa, phasing and piro phasing advance.

The setup menu is in setup order, basically start at the top and work your way down through the menus and setup is complete.

Best Regards,
Brian Bremer
Horizon Hobby, LLC
Awesome! Mine is on the way should be here Saturday.
Old 01-24-2020, 04:16 AM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Can anyone explain how to find the serial number on the FC6250 so I can register it and get to the the firmware update?

I am assuming there's a USB adapter.

Thanks

Last edited by howars01; 01-24-2020 at 04:37 AM..
howars01 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2020, 07:45 AM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Thanks Brian. You have answered lots of questions and I wished that you had seen thread this only a few days before. I have ordered the 6250 but would like to know if there are "In Flight" adjustments that can be programmed to a rotary or multi-position switch? That will open up a nice way to trim functions without needing to land and make the changes with the FP system. After the flight, it could then be set via FP. Thanks.

Don
I'm pretty sure that this isn't possible at this time. When forward programming is accessed, you're essentially "locked out" of the model in terms of operating it in a flyable condition (I believe throttle is locked out).

I'm not familiar with the programming architecture, but depending on how it was created, it may not be possible. Brian would be able to speak to that. Could be a feature request for the future.
MikelG is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2020, 09:34 AM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

my understanding , there is no gov at this time , will it be available in the furture
can we get data telemetry from non-smart esc , like the Tribunus / Hobbywing v4 and etc thus on the big birds 600-700 size that are 12-14s esc
Old 01-24-2020, 09:52 AM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragge1 View Post
my understanding , there is no gov at this time , will it be available in the furture
can we get data telemetry from non-smart esc , like the Tribunus / Hobbywing v4 and etc thus on the big birds 600-700 size that are 12-14s esc
I don't think so at this time. And I'm unaware if there will be plans to integrate other ESC telemetry capabilities.
MikelG is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2020, 10:16 AM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by howars01 View Post
Can anyone explain how to find the serial number on the FC6250 so I can register it and get to the the firmware update?

Thanks

SPMA3065 is the programming cable (same one used on the AR636) and the software is here http://spektrumrc.cachefly.net/apps/...rogrammer.html

The pc app will provide you the serial # once the FC6250HX is connected.

Just to clarify the software listed above is only for updating the firmware and cannot be used to edit the parameters within the FC6250HX.

Setup and parameter adjustment is handled by the forward programming interface from your transmitter.

Best Regards,
Brian Bremer
Horizon Hobby, LLC
howars01 likes this.
Old 01-24-2020, 10:20 AM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

So is it only programmable using the 2nd gen Spektrum TXs? Or more specifically, should I assume I cannot program it with my 1st gen DX8 ? (I expected to do the setup and programming via a PC or smartphone app)

Quote:
SPMA3065 is the programming cable (same one used on the AR636) and the software is here http://spektrumrc.cachefly.net/apps/...rogrammer.html

Just to clarify the software listed above is only for updating the firmware and cannot be used to edit the parameters within the FC6250HX.

Setup and parameter adjustment is handled by the forward programming interface from your transmitter.

Best Regards,
Brian Bremer
Horizon Hobby, LLC
Old 01-24-2020, 10:20 AM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by howars01 View Post

Thanks

Best Regards,
Brian Bremer
Horizon Hobby, LLC
Will spma3030 usb interface work?
Old 01-24-2020, 10:56 AM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Don
Currently the only in flight adjustment available would be the transmitters gyro trim function so you can adjust the tail gain in flight per flight mode using a trimmer.

If there is demand I can include analog gain adjustment channels for the cyclic or tail pid's to offer a safe range of adjustment in flight. Due to the channel based nature of transmitters this would require a lot of complicated setup and careful use by the customer to ensure good results.

It is important to keep in mind the gains are fairly forgiving and once you have the values you like the performance will remain consistent over time throughout various ambient conditions and through a large range of head speeds. This applies to both the cyclic and tail rotor gains.

Although quite a few other fbl systems required constant gain changes to ensure consistent performance you will find the FC6250HX is more of a set and forget system.

It is best to remain objective and evaluate the FC6250HX with a clean sheet of paper when it comes to supported features. Although some past systems may require certain features those features may not be needed at all on the newer system. In all fairness to objectivity, and after careful evaluation of performance we may need to add some new features in as well.

Best Regards,
Brian Bremer
Horizon Hobby, LLC
MikelG likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in