Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Main Forum - Helicopter Talk

Main Forum - Helicopter Talk R/C Helicopters and the people who fly them. VENDOR TOPICS DO NOT GO HERE. Full Scale Heli threads go in OT please

Like Tree80Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2020, 11:05 AM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

Brian - since we have your ear, are you able to advise whether the AR7210BX will still be available despite the release of the FC6250HX? The AR7210BX is the perfect flight controller for many of us and it would be a shame to see it go.
Cyclone7 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2020, 11:06 AM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witemamba View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianbremer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by howars01 View Post
Can anyone explain how to find the serial number on the FC6250 so I can register it and get to the the firmware update?

I am assuming there's a USB adapter.

Thanks

SPMA3065 is the programming cable (same one used on the AR636) and the software is here http://spektrumrc.cachefly.net/apps/...rogrammer.html

The pc app will provide you the serial # once the FC6250HX is connected.

Just to clarify the software listed above is only for updating the firmware and cannot be used to edit the parameters within the FC6250HX.

Setup and parameter adjustment is handled by the forward programming interface from your transmitter.

Best Regards,
Brian Bremer
Horizon Hobby, LLC
Will spma3030 usb interface work?
Let me be more specific. I am asking will it work to update the unit or will it only work with spma3065?
Witemamba is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2020, 11:31 AM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikelG View Post
And I'm unaware if there will be plans to integrate other ESC telemetry capabilities.
brianbremer : can you charm in , as we are in the time of telemetry and most new esc provide data , most of us have already pricy esc's on our big birds and its not that easy to put a $ 450 + esc on the shelf to get a smart esc that is not on the market yet
Old 01-24-2020, 12:01 PM   #64 (permalink)
HF Scale Support

Hi Brian,

I appreciate the replies as they do explain a lot. I should explain what and why I was asking about in-flight tuning of parameters. Seeing one of the top F3C helicopter kits at the Nationals, I realized that it has about 6 degrees of retarded phasing adjustment built right in. It sounds like it is a good idea but for what portion of the flying? If you are in a hover and apply left roll, it will move to the left but it will not fly straight left. In flight, there are times when some retarded phasing works great and that is for rolls as it redirects some of the advancing blade lift so that it does not overpower and cause it to climb coming out of inverted. I picked up on that and found that I could program a mix to allow me to apply that retarded timing to my helicopter and it certainly does roll with no tendency to climb. On that helicopter, the phasing is mechanically retarded so in effect, it needs to have an equal amount of advanced added for hovering maneuvers. Technically. That is why I was looking for the ability to be able to have a limited range of adjustments to parameters like the PID loops (I have not used them but had plans to adjust overall head gain) and phasing so that it could be tuned in the air without forward programming. With PID's, when finished the trial, they could be permanently applied with Forward Programming. I understand the potential for messing it up but I am using 5 mixes in my iX12 to allow me to apply that adjustment to one single flight mode and I am using 5 modes in total. Thanks and I look forward to trying out the 6250 on my Diabolo 800 very soon.

Don
MikelG likes this.
Keyrigger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2020, 02:29 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianbremer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by howars01 View Post
Can anyone explain how to find the serial number on the FC6250 so I can register it and get to the the firmware update?

I am assuming there's a USB adapter.

Thanks

SPMA3065 is the programming cable (same one used on the AR636) and the software is here http://spektrumrc.cachefly.net/apps/...rogrammer.html

The pc app will provide you the serial # once the FC6250HX is connected.

Just to clarify the software listed above is only for updating the firmware and cannot be used to edit the parameters within the FC6250HX.

Setup and parameter adjustment is handled by the forward programming interface from your transmitter.

Best Regards,
Brian Bremer
Horizon Hobby, LLC
Will spma3030 usb interface work?
Let me be more specific. I am asking will it work to update the unit or will it only work with spma3065?
After doing more searching I came across my answer so if someone else needs to know. Yes you need the SPMA3065 cord to update.
howars01 likes this.
Old 01-24-2020, 03:55 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Spektrum FC6250HX Flybarless Controller Walk Through with Coe Show (11 min 48 sec)
ragge1 likes this.
Old 01-24-2020, 04:40 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

Video removed by user.

Old 01-24-2020, 05:27 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heliwhisperer View Post
Video removed by user.

It cut off towards the end of the video and I don't think he was finished. Maybe he is redoing it
Old 01-24-2020, 05:29 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

The FC6250HX requires the SPMA3065 for firmware updates. The SPMA3030 is for the AR72x0BX series of fbl units.

xBus telemetry devices are supported. I will have to check into the various telemetry protocol's being used by other esc's to see if they can be supported or not, ultimately the decision as to whether or not we support something is up to my employer.

Keyrigger,

You would have to determine why that heli manufacturer decided to include the 6 degree mechanical phasing adjustment. Is it to compensate for the head design, delta, recommended blades or dampening? Were they simply aiming for a neutral response in flight or is it actually a 6 degree adjustment from the neutral response.

Start with a clean sheet of paper on the fc6250hx, some of the prior mixes and tweaks you have used on past systems will not be needed with the FC6250HX and you will find a lot less fiddling is needed once the system is setup.

Best Regards,
Brian Bremer
Horizon Hobby, LLC
trillian likes this.

Last edited by brianbremer; 01-24-2020 at 05:52 PM..
brianbremer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2020, 05:43 PM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

This is all I get.....

Old 01-24-2020, 06:09 PM   #71 (permalink)
HF Scale Support

Brian:

Thanks for the reply. Ok, I will wait until two things happen before making any attempts at using the current adjustment methods I have been using. The arrival of the 6250 at the LHS next week and the first time I will get to fly that helicopter. As of late, the weather around the clubs has been abysmal. Take care.

Don
Keyrigger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2020, 01:41 AM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

Back up again.
Part 1
Spektrum FC6250HX Flybarless Controller with 4651T Telemetry Receiver Set Up with Coe Show Part 1 (11 min 48 sec)

Part 2
Spektrum 6250HX Flybarless Controller Set Up with Coe Show Part 2 (7 min 22 sec)

Maiden of the Spektrum FC6250HX Flight Controller and some Tuning on the Spektrum IX12 (12 min 49 sec)

Last edited by Witemamba; 01-26-2020 at 08:55 AM..
Old 01-25-2020, 01:48 AM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

There are 6 new videos on YouTube as well showing setup. Search Spektrum fc6250hx on YouTube and they should show up.
Old 01-26-2020, 08:45 AM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
There are 6 new videos on YouTube as well showing setup. Search Spektrum fc6250hx on YouTube and they should show up.
Spektrum 6250HX Flybarless Controller Setup Series - Part 2 - Install and Binding (11 min 17 sec)
Old 01-26-2020, 12:13 PM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

I still want to know what the future holds for the AR7210BX - if it really is being discontinued, I think HH & Spektrum might live to regret it.

I am already thinking Spirit.as an alternative for the next build.......
Old 01-26-2020, 12:16 PM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is there a manual online anywhere? Or, if you know the answer, all I really want to know is if it can be setup without a 'compatible' Spektrum TX ?
Old 01-26-2020, 12:29 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by trillian View Post
Is there a manual online anywhere? Or, if you know the answer, all I really want to know is if it can be setup without a 'compatible' Spektrum TX ?
only for spektrum TX DX gen 2 and 3 and iX TX
Old 01-26-2020, 12:31 PM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragge1 View Post
only for spektrum TX ,
Thanks. Yeah that's all I was seeing.

I have the old style DX8, so it looks like I'm SOL unless I want to invest in a new TX.
Old 01-26-2020, 12:36 PM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Worth reading, if for no other reason.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SPMFC6250HX-Manual.pdf (321.5 KB, 56 views)
trillian likes this.
Old 01-26-2020, 12:45 PM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Thanks. Yeah that's all I was seeing.

I have the old style DX8, so it looks like I'm SOL unless I want to invest in a new TX.
from @ 1.15 min

Spektrum 6250HX Flybarless Controller Setup Series - Part 1 - Introduction (2 min 39 sec)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in