Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite)

Blade Helicopters (eFlite) Blade Helicopters (eFlite) CP, CX, mCX CX II, CX III. and others

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2019, 10:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Seriously... Why all the hate?

I've been out of RC for years, finally picked up a Nano S2 about 3-4 months ago. I totally credit this Heli with teaching me to fly CP, since the last time I tried I couldn't keep a Heli alive for more that 15 seconds. This was exactly what I needed to overcome my inabilities.

So since that time, I have also picked up a 230S V2, a 150s, and a mCPX BL2. I love these heli's! Heres where my confusion lies... I've seen numerous postings of people bashing Blade products. Why? I love what I have so far, and would like to pick up the new version Fusion 480.

Is the hate a holdover from past issues or what?
DaveH2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2019, 10:50 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Blade has improved greatly over the last few years. They now make some quality helis.
DaveH2, kavic5150 and Nytro97 like this.
BrokeDad is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2019, 11:17 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

So it's mostly holdover hate from when I was out of RC(?).
Old 12-24-2019, 12:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Some people aren't happy unless they're bitching about something, period.
Besides, it's much easier to start and feed a rant/bitch thread than a higher level conversational thread.
FR4-Pilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2019, 04:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Blade bad, me smash blade! Blade used to be horrible, but they have definitely stepped up their game. I would not be opposed to owning one.

Oxy 4 Max. Quantum motor, Kst cyclic & tail, HW 60, Ikon 2.
Oxy 2 Stretched 215mm. Lynx motor, MKS cyclic, Spektrum tail. Talon 35esc, Mirco brain.
Blades345 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2019, 04:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Although I don't fly them anymore certainly not a hater of blade here, the 230s v2 was the turning point for me. Greatly helped me get into kit helis.
xoexoe likes this.
Old 12-25-2019, 12:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I love Blade micros and nanos.
1. I typically buy broken copters on eBay. I am yet to get one that cannot be easily rebuilt into a nice flying little helicopter.
2. Blade nanos and micros made it possible for even me to teach myself to fly.
Old 12-25-2019, 12:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I guess, like any other Brand, some Blade helicopters are fine, and some...less. If You know how to recognize them, You can evade the less good modells.
I am very satisfied with 230S and Trio 360cfx. And i hope i did well with the 550X now. Blade 130S was not perfect, but i see the Blade 150s is.
The first version of mcpx, the 200S, 200SRX, 180cfx, Fusion 270 and all 3S 360cfx, i refused to them. Looking foward to read about the new 330S.
Old 12-25-2019, 08:54 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nothing but love and praise in the Blade forums. No surprise. Lol Fly other brands and you will have your answer. I learned on Blade so I like them for that.

I think the bean counters are mostly to blame. Especially with the micros. Returned my nightmare S2 Friday. My 4 XK's fly great! 3D beasts.... Nearly half the price. Parts support sucks though. The performance and durability though....

CrashyCrashy
CrashyCrashy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2019, 09:11 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashyCrashy View Post
... Parts support sucks though. ...
That used to be true, but parts support in the USA has been excellent since MotionRC became an XK Innovations distributer. No more slow boat.
ridge-runner is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2019, 09:37 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My first real heli was the Blade 400 (v1) and it was a great way to get started in the hobby. I actually enjoyed upgrading the thing with all the aftermarket parts.

Of course there will be the inevitable Trex 400 fanboys and others who will criticize E-flite and thats ok. We all have our favourites.

Hey wait, did I just spot an FR4-Pilot in the wild?
Old 12-26-2019, 10:28 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Blade make great stuff in the 300 size and smaller range. IMO their larger helis are overpriced and you can get more for your money elsewhere. They do have the best customer service in the business though.
yakky is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2019, 01:21 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Their recent micro releases are reliable and durable machines that flew well. But that was not the case a few years ago when they had the notorious 130X. I was especially unhappy with the mCPS that flew much worse than the original that I almost never bought a Blade product again. Now I am using the 150S and the mCPX BL2 as my everyday helis over the Oxy2 which has very expensive to maintain.
zadaw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2019, 08:38 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have been flying Blade machines for years-I like them.

I think part of the problem might be that they attract beginners, who are at the beginning of their learning curves in terms of flying skill and setup.

Part of it is level of expectation-expecting an MCPX to fly like an expensive 700.

I have had very good luck with a variety of Blade machines (the largest being the 300X).
Old 12-26-2019, 10:27 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

TBH if there is no Blade Iím still out of the CP heli world...their nanos are great training tools for beginners, esp. if paired with a decent TX and have suitable support on setup.

But I also admit Bladeís QC need to improveóand some products do become nightmare to fly/maintain. They drop the ball here and there but at least they might respond to queries / complains and replace defective products within certain criteria.

My experience on 70S, nanos and 150S are pretty good. mCPS did treat me well initially until I wanted to go brushless. I do look forward to a 200 class which 230S v2 is one of the candidates...together with OMP M2/Align 300X/Oxy 2. Sigh...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HumanYeung is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2019, 11:18 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

they are just incredible over priced, unless your pockets are deep pickup an Align 500 helicopter, you can buy two tail booms for $12 bucks the 480 is $15 for 1 your talking well over double the price for simple repairs and same performance. plastic is fantastic just not at blades high prices
Old 12-29-2019, 11:10 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Blade is hated because of how fragile some parts are. My nano CPS is pretty bulletproof, but my mCPS is notorious for breaking the tail boom, landing skids and frame. Over and over again. The same parts.
JimJW is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2019, 01:12 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJW View Post
Blade is hated because of how fragile some parts are. My nano CPS is pretty bulletproof, but my mCPS is notorious for breaking the tail boom, landing skids and frame. Over and over again. The same parts.

If they are known for that, why did you buy the mCPS?
yakky is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2020, 06:45 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveH2 View Post
I've been out of RC for years, finally picked up a Nano S2 about 3-4 months ago. I totally credit this Heli with teaching me to fly CP, since the last time I tried I couldn't keep a Heli alive for more that 15 seconds. This was exactly what I needed to overcome my inabilities.

So since that time, I have also picked up a 230S V2, a 150s, and a mCPX BL2. I love these heli's! Heres where my confusion lies... I've seen numerous postings of people bashing Blade products. Why? I love what I have so far, and would like to pick up the new version Fusion 480.

Is the hate a holdover from past issues or what?
Buying Blade helicopters is a lottery. You've obviously got lucky with your purchases.
I bought 2 MCPX BL2's a few weeks ago, both have the cyclic shake problem!
Done the 002 O-ring mod and no different. I was chasing the exact same problem when I bought the original years ago!! It's a piss take. How can they re-release it with the same old problems and with a new delayed throttle off for the beginner.
I wanted a nice 3D garden heli! It could of been great but it's shite.
The Eflite batteries for it are con also.
Old 01-04-2020, 06:56 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankel View Post
Buying Blade helicopters is a lottery. You've obviously got lucky with your purchases.
I bought 2 MCPX BL2's a few weeks ago, both have the cyclic shake problem!
Done the 002 O-ring mod and no different. I was chasing the exact same problem when I bought the original years ago!! It's a piss take. How can they re-release it with the same old problems and with a new delayed throttle off for the beginner.
I wanted a nice 3D garden heli! It could of been great but it's shite.
The Eflite batteries for it are con also.
Curious... Are you using the RTF kits and controllers? I'm using single DX8 G2 transmitter and buying BNF.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in