Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 360CFX

360CFX Blade 360 CFX Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2019, 02:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Can the 360cfx 3s auto?

Is it capable of autorotation landings? If so, how hard is it to do?

Trying to decide between a 360mm machine or go bigger. Rather not go bigger unless I have to since bigger costs $$$ when crashing
rcuser is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2019, 02:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

It can be done. The truth still holds though a larger heli is better for autos especially learning. The only time I auto my smaller helis is when there is a problem which gives me no other choice.
BrokeDad is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2019, 02:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad View Post
It can be done. The truth still holds though a larger heli is better for autos especially learning. The only time I auto my smaller helis is when there is a problem which gives me no other choice.
I kinda knew this was to be true but figured I'll check to make sure. Thank you for the reply. I never dared to auto my trex450 325mm bladed heli. I've seen it done but very hard and not much room for error since there's no "float" time
rcuser is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2020, 12:03 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I’ve done “trick” autos with 700 size all the way down to the blade 480 fusion, but to be honest my blade 360 3S just kind of falls out of the sky when I flip the hold switch. Can you auto it in an emergency and save all or most of it? Sure, but would I practice autos with it without atleast giving it a slight overspeed dive? Nope, not me, I’m sure there’s pros that can auto anything I.e. Bobby watts and the fireball video. But not this guy (and I consider myself rather “daring”)

I’d go out on a limb and say that aside from straight in upright autos (and quick ones at that) your unlikely to maximize your training with the 360.

Cheers!
SARCasm is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2020, 05:39 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default unintentionally done it

I unintentionally have done it. My "Schweizer 300C" Blade 360cfx Scale Build was in a calm flight, when the Castle Talon ESC stopped the Motor without any reason. I flipped the HOLD Switch by Reflex, causing the Swash to go at 10°negative and the Heli accelerated the RPM falling like a stone. I was scared and confused, and flipped the HOLD switch back to "released", pushed Pitch to full positive. The heavy Model (1525g) stopped in the air, hovering slightly, then touched the Ground. I had no time to give it a slightly foward direction, so it hit to hard and broke the Landing skid on the right side. But that was All. So i was very lucky.
I suppose, since i never did any training before, the stock Blade 360cfx at about 900g of weight must be easy to autorotate by someone who has practiced this before.
I will never try again, voluntary. But i feel better since i know it comes down "gentle".
Old 01-03-2020, 12:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Like The Fox, I've been forced to auto my 360 3s down because of ESC shutdown. Actually, several times! Always broke the landing gear skids, sometimes stripped a servo or two. But never broke the frame, always repairable.

If I were going to practice autos with this machine, I would start out with "low autos" first. Then install over size landing gear before doing high autos. I use Trex 700 landing gear on mine, anytime I'm testing new electronics.
Old 01-04-2020, 02:22 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I agree.I should have mentioned the Landing gear of my Blade 360cfx, its "special"...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181218_075952~2.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	834113 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1050857.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	834117 Click image for larger version

Name:	7Landegestell1.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	834115

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in