Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 230S

Blade 230S Blade 230S Helicopters Information and Help

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Flyguytruckguy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2020, 07:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Fixed a bad tail wag!

Updated my radio finally so I could access "Forward Programming". Played with gain in the tail to try and eliminate a bad wag that showed up after a complete rebuild that included an aluminum head.Going to extreme settings in the PID's and back to stock setting did absolutely nothing. When I was putting it together I didn't like the fact that I could not leave the main blades less than snug in the grips. Read a few posts and loosened the blade bolts to the point they were slack. Put some shoe goo on the bolts and put them back in fairly loose. NO MORE WAG!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Badabing01012020_001.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	104.4 KB
ID:	833505  
motoxxxman likes this.
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2020, 06:40 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

too short of bolts to use the usual nylon lock washer nut things?
SAB Goblin 500 Sport
fiddle is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2020, 01:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

That battery is monstrous!
I highly advise cutting the jst connector off and upgrading to xt30. Pretty much guaranteed to see a very noticeable improvement in power, consistency, and even less wag
Old 01-03-2020, 11:59 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Alltough i changed to XT30 Connectors, i never had issued with the stock Ones.
Sad to see that the Lynx Heli Blade Grips are not machined to the right Size. Same as Microheli Blade Grips. Mounting an "Upgrade" causing a tail wag sucks. I had better results with the Rakonheli Rotor Heads, they fit fine.
Did not expect the Lynx Heli Parts to cause such issues, as i have mounted different Parts from Lynx (not the Rotor Head) fitting quite well.
Old 01-08-2020, 09:16 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fox View Post
Alltough i changed to XT30 Connectors, i never had issued with the stock Ones.
Sad to see that the Lynx Heli Blade Grips are not machined to the right Size. Same as Microheli Blade Grips. Mounting an "Upgrade" causing a tail wag sucks. I had better results with the Rakonheli Rotor Heads, they fit fine.
Did not expect the Lynx Heli Parts to cause such issues, as i have mounted different Parts from Lynx (not the Rotor Head) fitting quite well.

What is the definition of upgrade? Most I've seen with the 230S improve appearance at the expense of performance (primarily by added weight, but also other issues as mentioned here).
I feel a meaningful difference in flight simply by the removal of the canopy weight. I can't imagine the sluggishness of moving that bat and additional metal. But we want different things from our models, so I'm not being critical of the OP or others, just that, if you want performance, few "upgrades" improve on the original.
RCFred is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2020, 01:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCFred View Post
But we want different things from our models, so I'm not being critical of the OP or others, just that, if you want performance, few "upgrades" improve on the original.
OP here! I agree. Adding bling to an airframe usually does not result in improved performance.I bought the head and swashplate a few years ago when I was first getting back into heli's. Figured I'd use it now before it's too late. The rebuild with the CF frame and AL head added 40 grams. I just do not like that plastic frame because if you ever get to the point where you can't put it back together with zip ties and goop, you have a complete rebuild on your hands. So now I have one stock V1 and one CF V2 and a spare frame for the V1. At one point, all the V2 electrics where in an Oxy2 frame with only a few grams difference and a perfect CG. Hey!, gotta waist time somehow.
Old 01-09-2020, 12:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
What is the definition of upgrade? Most I've seen with the 230S improve appearance at the expense of performance..
That`s right! I just improove the appearance. Look at my avatar picture on the left side - that`s one of my Blade 230S with scale fuselage, rakonheli fifeblade and NOTAR tail.
As You mentioned, we want different things...
Old 01-10-2020, 06:18 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fox View Post
That`s right! I just improove the appearance. Look at my avatar picture on the left side - that`s one of my Blade 230S with scale fuselage, rakonheli fifeblade and NOTAR tail.
As You mentioned, we want different things...
That's a bit of a re-purposing. It's now something it was not.
I like it.
RCFred is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2020, 02:06 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

When fitting the blades they must be able to swing with their own weight. I have RKH metal blade grips and I prised them open a bit to get the blade to rotate freely. As suggested I use bolts and nyloc nuts to just take out the vertical slack in the blade but not impede the rotary motion.

I think metal blade grips are an upgrade in crash resilience because with the stock plastic ones I kept pulling the metal ball out of the grip. A couple of crashes and the grip was shot. Since going metal I've not had this issue and for sport flying I don't think the weight issue is of consequence.
Allan114 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2020, 04:54 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
That's a bit of a re-purposing. It's now something it was not.
I like it.
Thanks! Anyway, You ar right. Not the best example. But here`s another one: Fourblade head from Rakonheli. Fenestron tail ist stock Blade 230S tail motor with 50mm EDF.
Click image for larger version

Name:	H31.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	836001 Click image for larger version

Name:	H7.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	836003 Click image for larger version

Name:	9.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	836005 Click image for larger version

Name:	10.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	836007
I would not say this is improoving the flight performance of the Blade 230S. But it`s improoving the appearance and the sound. As told before, we want different things. This is what i want, a modell helicopter looking and flying like a helicopter. No matter of size, i do similar to a 360 or else.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in