Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 250 Class Electric Helicopters

250 Class Electric Helicopters 250 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2020, 09:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 250 pro questions

Hi guys,
I have the Align 250 pro with the align 3GX receiver/gyro in it. First time I have flown it in awhile. As the flight goes on the heli seems to get squirrely on me until the thing just kind of quits all together. I dont think that the 3 gx was never that good to begin with.
My question is what set up are you guys using in your 250's as far as receiver/gyro goes. I know there is not much room in these little birds and that is why I am asking .
rcflyer7 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2020, 10:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcflyer7 View Post
Hi guys,
I have the Align 250 pro with the align 3GX receiver/gyro in it. First time I have flown it in awhile. As the flight goes on the heli seems to get squirrely on me until the thing just kind of quits all together. I dont think that the 3 gx was never that good to begin with.
My question is what set up are you guys using in your 250's as far as receiver/gyro goes. I know there is not much room in these little birds and that is why I am asking .
Don't have an align 250, but have an Oxy 2 215mm blade. I have run a uspirit with spektrum sat, great setup . I now run Jeti and would recommend same fbl with an r7 nano but I currently have a rex3 rx with no troubles at all little bulky but is still light enough to not hinder the performance.
Old 01-15-2020, 11:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Same as blarks; I use micro Spirit and a Spektrum sat. I also managed to fit in the Spirit WiFi link so I don't have to plug in to run gyro setup. The "problem" with helicopters the size of the 250 and the uspirit is the 1.5mm JST-ZH connectors the uspirit requires. If you use JR/Futaba adapter cables to connect to the servos it becomes heavy and bulky very fast. You can however buy the crimpers on Amazon for a reasonable price and cut the servo wires to length and add the JST connectors. Slow going but not hard to do. If you go that route might as well get some 20-30 gauge wire strippers too.

The 250 came with an old version ESC and later on an updated ESC with a better BEC. If you have the old version ESC maybe that is giving you trouble? Cheaper than a gyro.
Spektrum - DX20 / DX9 Black Editon
The Mechanic is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2020, 07:01 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mechanic,
Yea I hate giving up the set up because it really does fit well in between the sides. the ESC is the original and that is my suspicion also that it is going bad. I'll try a new ESC first and see if I can do some adjustments on the gyro. Flew a brand new Battery on it yesterday and it quit early on me , when I checked the battery it still had 57 percent left in it. Sounds like a new ESC is in the works. Do you happen to have the number for the newer version ESC?
rcflyer7 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2020, 07:56 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My Trex250 is a display model now that I have Oxy 2. If I were to re-build the 250, I'd use the same ESC that I have in my Oxy 2. That is the HobbyWing Platinum 25A.
Old 01-16-2020, 09:28 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you want to get rid of the 3gx, a microbeast, microbrain, or a slightly sanded vbar/kbar will fit within the frame.
yakky is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2020, 09:45 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here is the latest ESC for the 250 made for the kit. It's the one that came with my heli. It hasn't given me any trouble. I had a Castle on a 250 once that just failed all at once.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/align-r...s15p01/p258879

_
Spektrum - DX20 / DX9 Black Editon
The Mechanic is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2020, 06:32 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

A standard Microbeast (V3) will fit inside the rails, its tight, but workable
Align 550 V3 DFC Brain; Align 600 DFC Brain;
Deondr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in