Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450

Blade 450 Blade 450 Helicopters Information and Help

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Maturecruiser
  • 1 Post By Maturecruiser

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2020, 04:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default North Idaho, Eastern WA,NE OR

I have a Blade 450 3D I purchased used several years ago. I cannot get it set up correctly with my Spektrum DX6i. Hoping to find someone I can actually talk to/work with because I cannot seem to find what I need online. The control inputs do not move the swash plate the direction the book shows and I know that the blades aren't moving in the correct direction in at least 2 axis. I have played with all of the mixes I am comfortable with to no avail. With everything at 100% I am only getting 6 deg to 7 deg pitch. When I run the controls settings more for beginners I don't think there is enough pitch to allow it to fly correctly. Not about to take it off the ground and find out. I have leveled the swash and set the rotor head links. The only thing that appears to work correctly is the tail rotor. Any help is appreciated.
Bob Jones is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2020, 03:31 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi If you can find the 450 3D manual online it has a full setup for the Dx6i. It sounds like some of your Tx settings are incorrect. Don't bother with swash leveling or pitch until you get everything moving in the correct direction. If you cant find the manual online then get back to me and I will try to send it to you. I have it as a PDF.
Bob Jones likes this.
Maturecruiser is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2020, 03:36 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I forgot to mention that you might be able to get the SPM file from either Horizon Hobby web site or Spektrum. I cant remember which. The Dx6i is discontinued but you still may find what you are looking for.
Bob Jones likes this.
Old 02-03-2020, 06:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Tried new programing

The manual I got with the heli did not have a programming page in it. The one I downloaded did. I programmed the radio to those specs and still not right according to the pics in the book. I am also confused when it says to set the swash type as a single servo 90 deg when there are 3 servos at 120deg apart. But when I found some settings for the 120 deg it still doesn't work correctly. I appreciate the input. I contacted Tower will see what they have to say.
Bob Jones is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2020, 11:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Swash is CCPM 120. If your heli has the original Eflite servos all around then you should be able to setup as per the manual. If the servos are changed then thats a different matter and will require reversing of some or all of the setup in the Tx.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in