Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 230S

Blade 230S Blade 230S Helicopters Information and Help

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By The_Fox

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2020, 12:51 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Begginer setup throttle curve/pitch

I have read about every single post on here and have made myself more confused on what to start out with on my 230s after many hovers in agility mode I want to step up to intermediate mode but am scared to death about the negative collective pitch. Someone will you please give me a good setup for a beginner on my throttle curve and pitch please. I have also tried to the trick of putting the gear channel on switch C of my DX6 and it doesn't seem like it works in all 3 modes on or off, can anyone help me with this so I can have self leveling In all 3 mode or not?
jakedasnake92 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2020, 10:10 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you have the 230S setup by the book, you do have negative pitch in "N" mode. Better off learning to fly the helicopter right from the start or you will waist so much time relearning later. You have to get used to the feel of Mid Stick being zero pitch.As for self leveling, you are better off leaving the stock settings as is and fixing the "Bailout/Rescue" function of the assigned switch. This will give you self leveling in all three modes.I personally find switch "A" to be more accessible than "C" and can hit it without moving any fingers around. The most likely problem with you set-up is in the MIX, labeled "-I->Ger". In the photo I have mine set to "-A->Ger".
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200223_110431.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	110.6 KB
ID:	844277  
Old 02-23-2020, 10:15 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Name:	20200108_171410.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	844285When you have your bailout switch working properly, you can verify it on the bench by checking the "Monitor" screen of your radio. In the off position, Ger is at 100. When in the on position, Ger will show 150.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20200108_171417.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	844287  
Old 02-23-2020, 11:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyguytruckguy View Post
Attachment 844285When you have your bailout switch working properly, you can verify it on the bench by checking the "Monitor" screen of your radio. In the off position, Ger is at 100. When in the on position, Ger will show 150.
So you are putting the panic recovery onto a switch that will hold panic on till switched back, instead of just having it on a momentary switch? This will work the same as self leveling in all modes? It is basically the same as changing channel 5 gear switch from the B switch or flight mode switch to having it on a separate switch correct?
jakedasnake92 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2020, 07:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

if you are nervous about negative in either of the IU positions you can simply modify the pitch curve to produce a minimal amount of negative, maybe no more than 3 or 4 degrees. your fear is also a bit unwarranted as you already have negative in normal and if you aren't slamming it into the ground already you won't in IU.
koppterx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2020, 09:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakedasnake92 View Post
So you are putting the panic recovery onto a switch that will hold panic on till switched back, instead of just having it on a momentary switch? This will work the same as self leveling in all modes? It is basically the same as changing channel 5 gear switch from the B switch or flight mode switch to having it on a separate switch correct?
The Panic feature sets automatic positive collective while activated. You do not want to put the panic feature on a rocker switch and attempt to fly with it on.
If anything, you want SAFE to be active via rocker switch, which is the same as the panic button but without automatic positive collective. I don't remember how to do this though, so I can't be of much more assistance here.

As others have said, you're better off learning with the stock pitch curves. Altering them will make you need to completely re-learn later, which is a lot harder than it sounds.
Old 02-25-2020, 09:18 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
...confused on what to start out with on my 230s after many hovers in agility mode I want to step up to intermediate...
Now i am confused. You do hover in "agility" mode? Well, that`s itermediate allready. Flightmode "N" is beginner, self leveling is activated. Flightmode "1" would be agility mode, no self leveling activated. In Flightmode "1" and "2" the pitch is from full negative to full positive, according to the manual and the preset download file. Only in Flightmode "N", for beginners, the negative pitch is reduced, according to manual and preset download file.

Quote:
If anything, you want SAFE to be active via rocker switch, which is the same as the panic button but without automatic positive collective. I don't remember how to do this though
Just assign any switch to channel 5 and toggle between -100 and 100. -100 would be without self leveling, 100 would activate self leveling in any flightmode. Rescue will still work, no matter if You have set channel 5 to -100 or to 100 , it will overwrite any settings and set it to 150.
Flyguytruckguy likes this.
Old 02-26-2020, 07:15 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakedasnake92 View Post
So you are putting the panic recovery onto on a separate switch correct?
I have all my heli's set up the same way and most are using IK2N FBL's. I use self-leveling on the Ikons rather than Bailout. Having it on a rocker I can easily reach is much easier than fumbling for a button, but to each his own. The Bailout feature of the 230S does not apply agressive positive pitch and throttle. However, what "The_Fox" said...in the above post, is an even better solution in your case. Just verify any setup on the "Monitor" screen of the radio to make sure you have the desired gain setting, (-100,100,150).

Last edited by Flyguytruckguy; 02-26-2020 at 07:56 AM..
Flyguytruckguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2020, 11:44 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I learnt to fly helicopters initially using fixed pitch contra rotating helis and then the Blade 120 fixed pitch heli. When I moved to collective pitch helis I was making a right mess of things because when I got into trouble I would immediately move the pitch/throttle lever full down so the heli would smash into the ground under full negative pitch instead of the power being cut as with the fixed pitch. Learning to hit throttle hold took me ages to learn. I would recommend not learning solely in stability mode and as soon as you get some competence switch to the next agility mode. Even hitting the ground with the motor under power is very destructive, so fiddling with pitch only is not really an answer to me. Learnt to go for throttle hold by repeatedly taking off and landing the heli and hitting TH on touchdown.
Allan114 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2020, 03:49 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...85#post7636478
Me_How is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in