Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > OpenTX Radios

OpenTX Radios OpenTX Radios Discussion and Support Forum

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By gfyss

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2020, 11:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Something wrong with my x9d?

I bought this tx a few years ago and never got around to learning. I come from Spektrum stuff. I am trying to follow ArchmageAU's tutorial on setting up the x9d for a Blade 450x(which I have). I checked the order (taer) and pressed P long to go back a page to telemetry. got there(says"no data") but when I press P long to go back one screen to Special Functions nothing happens. Just stays on telemetry until I press exit(back to main screen).
Am I missing something or is my tx fubar?
Build in progress Tarot 450 Pro V2
franknsled is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2020, 07:53 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

You're probably missing something. Are these the instructions you're using: Basic Heli Part 1: Setup | OpenTX University

They say to press "X" (exit) twice after checking the channel order and calibration, not long-P (step 5)

What version of OpenTX are you using? The current version is 2.3.5. If you haven't used your TX for a few years, you're probably on 2.0 or 2.1. While you are at it, I assume you are using an external module for DSM2/DSMX compatibility. If it's a multi-module then you may want to update that as well.

Frankly, it's MUCH easier to do the initial setup using the Companion software instead of directly on the TX. You can test everything out, then upload the config to the TX prior to binding.

OpenTX updates: opentx.org
multi-module updates: https://github.com/pascallanger/DIY-...odule/releases

Good luck!
gfyss is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2020, 12:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply. Yes that is the one I'm using. I've done the channel order and calibration steps. I'm using ver 2.2.3 and an Orange module.
I've done this set up a couple of times and sometimes I can get past the telemetry screen and sometimes it just stays on that scree(like I did a short press of page). I have looked at the buttons on the tx (did the hot glue mod to keep them in position). The +,-, and exit buttons kept getting stuck down. They seem to work fine now. I'll give Companion a try and see if that works better.
Old 02-25-2020, 08:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok, I see the issue: the menu structure has changed since those instructions were written. If I follow the instructions as written EXACTLY (with 2.3.5), I end up the same place you do (telemetry screen with no data). You need to short-press the menu button from the main screen to get to model selection screen, then long-enter to open the create/edit model menu. That should get you where you need to be for adjustments.

One thing to keep in mind, the OrangeRX has some limitations and is considered obsolete. It's a real PITA to update, and doesn't support DSM's ModelMatch by default (PPM mode). I highly recommend getting a newer 4-in-1 board that can be updated through the radio, and can operate in Serial Mode (enables ModelMatch). Here's more info on what's available:
https://github.com/pascallanger/DIY-...cs/Hardware.md

I have the Jumper JP4-in-1, other use the iRangeX. If you do go the serial module route, just grab the firmware that matches your channel order. The current version supports up to 64 unique models, with OpenTX 2.3.3+ (16 otherwise).
Number likes this.
Old 02-25-2020, 11:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks gfyss. I I got it!(I think). I've done all the mixes from chan 1 to chan 6. Going to let my brain rest for tonight!
Old 02-26-2020, 11:05 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

A rested brain is a happy brain! Glad I was able to help!
Old 02-27-2020, 12:11 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, got the rest of the programming done. Haven't bound the tx to the rx yet. Weather is not good for outdoor flying. I need to figure out how to set up the nano s2 so I can practice.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in