Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Electric Motors, Gearing, Speed Controls, Gyros, Receivers, and Other Electronics Discussion > Electric Motors Winding and Repair

Electric Motors Winding and Repair Electric Motors Winding and Repair Discussion

Like Tree1Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2020, 10:16 AM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Can anyone put some specific information about the motor mentioned in the thread title here? It is not to be found on the Lehner side. I am not interested in your personal feelings, the engine is.

Thank you! Frank
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2020, 10:17 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Frank,

This thread made known about the engine so far: Sizes 4125 and 4140. It is still unclear whether it is the outside or the stator dimensions. The Christian can surely simply clarify. It is probably NOT a counter motor. Quote Originally Posted by Christian Lucas View Post ..... the motors have a minimum of 3% higher efficiency than the best motors of the competition. That was how it was measured at Lehner. I think that in addition to Scorpio, this also applies to Kontronik and Plettenberg. In addition, the engine should easily meet these requirements, Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Moldtmann View Post Requirement 35V 350A 15000 rpm for 35s continuous load. The engine has to be able to do that, then we're talking about the same class. The starting point was 5040 CoFe 2020 because Christian expressly confirms this: Quote Originally Posted by Christian Lucas View Post Half the weight of the Scorpion knocker with the same performance at the same speed. The search for the normal Scorpion HK 5040 series engine: Max Continuous Power: 11840 Watts Weight: 839 grams (29.59 oz) So the new Lehner can at least 11,800W at 10S at 15,000rpm as a continuous output and weighs <450g It is a result that one can rightly be proud of. It's great what is possible today if you have a clue! Someone will definitely call LMT tomorrow and then report. Until then, everyone should be able to wait. But I would be happy about a picture as many others!

VG Stefan
Old 05-17-2020, 10:18 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Lehner 4125/4140 presentation

Hello Frank,
the new small Lehner outrunner will be available as the first series with the engine designation 4125 and 4140. The outside diameter will be 52mm. The short one will weigh around 500 g, the taller one just under 700 g. As with Lehner's very large external rotors, the small ones will get the highly compressed coils, which, instead of the usual 50% copper filling degree, will reach a filling degree of over 70%. So the ohmic losses are already lower. As a further measure, the losses that occur in all engine components have been drastically reduced. A comparison test shows that the rotor bells of other manufacturers heat up to over 105 degrees after a short runtime at 35 volts and 100 amperes. With exactly the same load and running time, the armrest motor only heats up to 48 degrees. This is a significant efficiency advantage that allows the Cooler drive to run and allows a much higher throughput of the drive.
Lehner will announce further data in the near future. As soon as I can write more here.

Happy Amps Christian
Old 05-17-2020, 10:20 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default ChX2 Lehner 4125/4140 presentation on tandem twin setupss

Hi,

To clarify: the tandem twin will have the performance of the Scorpion 5040 and not a single 4125. But you can achieve this if, as I have written, you build an engine as a counterpart. Please read correctly and do not mix. The longer 4140 may achieve Scorpion performance with less weight.

Happy Amps Christian
Old 05-17-2020, 11:10 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Go...

When can I buy them?

Thank you
Frank
Old 05-17-2020, 11:11 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote from Christian Lucas
Hi
For clarification: the tandem twin will have the power of the Scorpion 5040 and not a single 4125. But you can achieve this if you build such an engine as a counter-runner, as I have written. Please read correctly and do not mix.
The longer 4140 may achieve the performance of the Scorpion with less weight.

Happy Amps Christian
Christian

You wrote in post #12:

Quote from Christian Lucas
Hi
well then don't wonder but do it once, half the weight of the Scorpion knocker with the same power at the same speed.
Happy Amps Christian
What can be misread or mixed?
Have you committed yourself to this?

Thank you for the clarification!

Vg
Stefan
Old 05-17-2020, 11:38 AM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Pie piece pm.

Hi Christian
"Wye" bother? You may take inline tandems of any brand and wind the rear a SL wye open ended coils and the front a SL delta. Just wind the motors for the same Kv and run one controller. Easy

The DG&DG half turns may work really great to match them more precisely and attenuate more.

With forward thinking If I really wanted air to go through it I can use a 32mm spinner and leave the rest to radiate. Besides we could counteract heat cryogenically with my artic blast. "Renec" has already seen my test and other cooling concepts. They've yet to evolve to this level of thinking The Intelligent winders there in Germany and internationally could also wind the tandem wye-wye and so on thus many electrical gearing, winding, and connection options between the two would be possible. The 24N22P Neu 4610 multi-copter ports seen here are 130 grams and 1.5 kW a piece OEM. I could do a lot with them. The shafts are 6mm. Poor Kunipatz there is no need to quarrel. Better minds working and all this can be done with any brand. The NC State D.E.E.C.S./ABB Dr.Sariful Islam team winding proposal brings a 94% reduction in pm losses without segmentation on their tested 24N14P prototype. I feel fairly confident at just the eye test that this or anything remotely close will result in the cooler can under full load. I'll buy an IR gun today so we can test it. The photos "are of nothing" but they want more right.....

Happy Harmonics,
Hubert.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	46xx-M.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	859243  

Last edited by 1BOHO; 05-17-2020 at 03:17 PM..
1BOHO is online now        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2020, 03:25 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default @ Stefan

Hi
the answer related to my suggestion to use the smaller engine as a counter-runner. The small motor can also enforce the high power. It's like the engine running at 30000 rpm. You can also do this with the Scorpion . Half stator length and wound to double speed, the motor can do the same. The method of stalking the drive in the opposite direction, however, is another topic and was the tread in the Speedfliegerforum after "More Speed..... ". The tread theme is fully suited to a drive, as it makes the drive lighter and can increase performance elsewhere with more batteries or ferlet propellers or anything else. It just don't depend on the Scorpion in the stuff. If you want to carry on like this, OK only progress will not happen there. The Lehner motors are designed differently in order to be able to generate higher torques. The wider stator teeth carry more magnetic field lines and thus increase the force per cm2 . Optimizing the losses is an additional option to increase efficiencies.

@Frank , I don't know, but tomorrow we will ask Hans again.

Happy Amps Christian
Old 05-17-2020, 03:27 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you put together your "infos" about the 41er Lehner and the well-known know about the Torqstar and some logic and throw it into the CAD, that would have to reflect something the cut of the 41Er Lehner, or Christian?!

But the Chinese are a little further on.

Best regards
Max v.P.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG-20200517-WA0011.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	859265  
Old 05-17-2020, 03:31 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Max ,
nice picture , but has nothing to do with the Lehner engine. It's your version and the data that Thomas Moldmann said are very boring. With my Improved Halbach Magnetic System for Electric Machines, the Magnetic Thrust is even higher. The Chinese can do whatever you want, you don't get that.
@René,
because you have your problems with submissive torques to assign a higher power to the rear propeller, for example. This is common in four-wheeled cars today. The center differential distributes the power according to what the engineers want. If this works e.g. a version and there are a lot in which you use a planetary gearbox as a differential. One drives the planet carrier and he now turns the sun wheel in the middle and outside the hollow wheel. Since the diameters are different, a different torque is emitted to the solar wheel as to the hollow wheel. For example, the distribution of 40 / 60 between the front axle and the rear axle is generated. With a Torson differential is distributed still free Automatically, just read. Will just not help you much, because you are cumbersome with mechanical engineering. With a counter-runner with a rotor /stator system you can do the electronic or even simply mechanical, since a planetary gearbox is simply added, which can be very small because it only has to cope with the compensation.
Here someone else explains it to you, https://www.motor-talk.de/forum/vari...-t5408936.html .
Since you don't show these things, I'm sure I'll rate you, just as much with the aerodynamics of the counter-rotating propellers. I have quite different friends who have studied this.

Happy Amps Christian
Old 05-17-2020, 03:33 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi 1BOHO,

the super spezial Mr. René Kunipatz „ Kuni“ has no clue that in every fourwheel driffen car exist a middle differanzialgear that can delifer different torque to the front axle and to the rear axel. So the car can have 40% torque at the front and 60% torque at the rear axle. So easy but he dosˋt know it.
This shiw me that he is nothing . I think he is a tailor or an butcher or street cleaner . So only a big mouth .
The contra rotating drive for airplane and for helicopter can use such system. I have thought about to use it with my old direct heli drive from 1996. The motor is symetrical and can easy rebuild to let the stator rotate counter With the double speed it can handle much higher power so intersting for a power helicopter direct drive with no gear.

Happy Amps Christian
CHX2 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2020, 03:35 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHX2 View Post
Hi 1BOHO,

the super spezial Mr. René Kunipatz „ Kuni“ has no clue that in every fourwheel driffen car exist a middle differanzialgear that can delifer different torque to the front axle and to the rear axel. So the car can have 40% torque at the front and 60% torque at the rear axle. So easy but he doesnˋt know it.
This show me that he is nothing . I think he is a tailor or an butcher or street cleaner . So only a big mouth .
The contra rotating drive for airplane and for helicopter can use such system. I have thought about to use it with my old direct heli drive from 1996. The motor is symetrical and can easy rebuild to let the stator rotate counter With the double speed it can handle much higher power so intersting for a power helicopter direct drive with no gear.

Happy Amps Christian
Hello! Forget about this non factor! But about all that with electronic gearings and stuff....

https://www.helifreak.com/8064761-post47.html

Thanks for your time and patience
Hubert

Last edited by 1BOHO; 05-17-2020 at 03:55 PM..
Old 05-17-2020, 03:46 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

And what the hell is Max talking about. Who told them the new Lehners were 12N? The pm work is over their powerditto heads apparently. When he selects the other manufacturers in the abacus he's purposeful in choosing a girly setup

Hubert
Old 05-17-2020, 04:00 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

You could also program and mix motor speeds proportionately with the mc beta flight controller and two inverters. This FC will also give you low and notch pass filtering so now you start to go around this renec noise and can utilize max torque density using LRK wound motor tandems.

The Douglas B-42 Mixmaster is just for you.

Happy Harmonics,
Hubert
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	B-42_Mixmaster.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	859273  

Last edited by 1BOHO; 05-17-2020 at 04:39 PM..
Old 05-18-2020, 05:40 AM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi
resulting in the differentials for torque distribution. A torsen differential, for example, increases the torque towards the downforce, which demands even greater torque. This is quite Tricky in the car is thus increased when cornering when the inner tire gets less traction the outside tire with more torque. As a result, the vehicle is supported in the will to corner, a torque vectoring in a mechanical way.
I also found again the Lego model of earlier in the old Legobox, which distributes a differential with different reductions the torque. René also has children and may be able to replicate this. Different speeds and torques allow the drives to be re-staffed. However, one no longer has the complete torque-free drive since one direction of rotation prevails. The deer moment demand must also be so well-equipped that one propeller then demands a higher torque than the other propeller. If the same torques are demanded, it is distributed almost equally. Only the reductions then have different moments.
In the Lego model, the front propeller has a reduction of 2.5:1 and the rear propeller has a reduction of about 1.9:1
In the second picture are the gears I had bought for a helicopter and next to it a Torsen Differential available for RC Cars.

Happy Amps Christian

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	E5A1B8C2-8EB7-4C01-9D45-C16DA322C12A.jpeg.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	859353   Click image for larger version

Name:	9FD732BF-1F92-4071-BCD4-17575FD2D7F7.jpeg.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	859355  
Old 05-18-2020, 05:50 AM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello Christian,

I think everyone here knows what a differential is...
Just to chisel: You want to beat my ollen 2-motor counter-runner by installing in ONE 4125 Lehner the BL-stand, a receiver, grinding rings for the current AND a diff? Doesn't you think anything funny about it?

Greeting René
Old 05-18-2020, 05:51 AM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

Rene -
Leave it.. You didn't understand it again.
Either/or.
Think about whether you want to understand things at all. Not to see through such pre-chewed knowledge is really a marginal talent.
Mfg
Old 05-18-2020, 05:52 AM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

René
You're speculating too much around here and you don't know how I'm doing it. But I'm not showing it now. And no You don't know what a differential is, you've already proven that here. You don't point out that you can distribute torques in a targeted way.

Happy Amps Christian
Old 05-18-2020, 05:53 AM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Lehner 4125/4140 Vorstellung

Moin

interesting tread here....

I'm curious to see what the Lehner 4125 and 4140 will actually achieve for performance values.

Greetings
Meinhard
Old 05-18-2020, 06:16 AM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

"Hello Christian,

I think everyone here knows what a differential is...
Just to chisel: You want to beat my ollen 2-motor counter-runner by installing in ONE 4125 Lehner the BL-stand, a receiver, grinding rings for the current AND a diff? Doesn't you think anything funny about it?

Greeting René"

Hi René, no it doesn't seem strange to me because I don't do it the way you describe it. It works differently. Look on the net, as you describe it, there is still the Glavak indoor drive.

Happy Amps Christian

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in