Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 100 Class Electric Helicopters

100 Class Electric Helicopters 100 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2020, 10:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default idle up switch makes no difference?

I'm new to flying, trying to fly 3d. pulling the idle up switch seems to make no difference at all. Do i need to combine it with putting it in 3g mode ?

Or are my remote d/r exp etc settings not correct? This is on a xk k110 hell.

Would appreciate some pointers here.
Many thanks,
atvatv is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2020, 09:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Do you use the X6 RTF transmitter?

What is your throttle curve for N and Idle Up?
Walkera Devo 10/DeviationTX (12CH DSMx & telemetry)...Ex-DX8...Blade 4503D...Walkera V120D02s...XK K110...Blade 200QX quad...Ex-NanoCPX...Ex-120SR...StrykerQ (LEDs, M2 tuning)...Ex-MPX EGP...PPZ P51-D...PZ Wildcat (searching fuselage-firewall)
Thomas.Heiss is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2020, 02:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yes, stock xkk110 transmitter.

I'm not sure i found idle up in the settings, i'll check and get back to you.

Does one need to use both the 3d switch toggle and the idle up to do 3d flying ?
Old 04-13-2020, 03:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I checked, when i hold down the menu i only have:
reverse
d/r
exp
t.curve
p.curve
gyro

i looked in the systems menu as well but no such things as N or idle up

sorry, i'm new to this.
i do appreciate your help.
Old 05-03-2020, 01:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by atvatv View Post
I checked, when i hold down the menu i only have:
reverse
d/r
exp
t.curve
p.curve
gyro

i looked in the systems menu as well but no such things as N or idle up

sorry, i'm new to this.
i do appreciate your help.
In (almost) all those menus if you flip the idle up switch it should let you adjust values for N(normal) and IU(Idle Up). Check your numbers in both modes.
c4r0n1x is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2020, 05:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes, the Idle Up is in both the throttle- and pitch curve menus.
On some transmitters it is called FM1 / FM2 and N(ormal); I do not have the RTF X6...

I heard that the 6G mode acts strange when you fly inverted and activate it afterwards.
I have not tried it personally, but it has been said by users that the stick directions are wrong/switched, and not like in the simulator flying inverted (with stability on top).

If you have practiced inverted for a while in the simulator and you want to try it the first time on the K110 then make sure:

- that you use enough DualRate (like 100% or 85% and not 60-75%)
- that you are in the 3G mode
- you do not activate the 6G mode when inverted

And that the 6G hover calibration was very successful with the sensor when flying in normal mode and there is no big drift or that you have got vibrations and that the swashplate does not give a heavy front left or front back impulse.

On 2 of 3 helis I was not successful in getting the 6G mode working, especially on V5 boards.

Make sure that your swashplate is correctly leveled in 3G mode that that there is no slight drift (nick + roll axis) so you can hover your heli fine.
If this is the case, then the chances are very good that you can hover the K110 when you go inverted in the 3G mode and Idle Up 1.

I would suggest to work with a fixed 85 or 100% throttle curve or v-curve like 100-90-85-90-100.
If you have not calibrated the ESC, there won't be much difference between 85 vs 100% throttle anyway.

I am not sure if 100-85-75-85-100 would be sufficient as a v throttle curve (3g mode, for going inverted).
Three helis are damaged right now....so I can't test it the next days.

I often fly around with ~70-75% throttle...but just normal and I do not flip or roll the heli with limited throttle to inverted.

Make sure that you flip back from inverted to normal when there is still enough voltage in the lipo and you have the power.
Don't do it in the last 1-1:30 minutes when the motor starts to bog because the lipo has not enough juice.

Also make sure to heat the 1s lipos at least 45-90 minutes before trying this when it is colder outside.
You can immediately feel the lack of power in the first 1-2 minutes when it is lower than 20-25 degree celcius.
Heating up to 38-44 degree celcius for a longer time makes the big difference for me.

The grey XK standard lipos actually are quite good.
There is some noticable lack with the blue Goo 520mah lipos.
So I have to increase throttle after a while.
Walkera Devo 10/DeviationTX (12CH DSMx & telemetry)...Ex-DX8...Blade 4503D...Walkera V120D02s...XK K110...Blade 200QX quad...Ex-NanoCPX...Ex-120SR...StrykerQ (LEDs, M2 tuning)...Ex-MPX EGP...PPZ P51-D...PZ Wildcat (searching fuselage-firewall)
Old 05-03-2020, 05:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you want to try around with the 6G mode and inverted:

A pre-test IMHO makes sense.

Unmount the main blades.
Remove the tail prop.

Test how all stick directions are on the sevos in 3G mode and being inverted with some throttle (like >50%; I would test with the Idle Up 1 position) and write them down for nick + roll + yaw.

And then to do the same test when you hold the heli (without the main blades) in your hand but inverted and you suddenly activate the 6G mode.

Are all stock directions still right + servos are working as you expect them or all directions (especially collective pitch + nick) switched?

I have not tested this yet on 1-2 K110 helis with V5 and V6 boards....

The right thing to do is to learn this inverted stuff on the simulator, go for the 3G mode (forget about 6G) and if you lose control hit the hold/throttle-cut switch soon enough before the heli gets ground contact.

Go to a green field where the grass is high enough.
Don't try this in your living room, triple gym or hovering/flying over concrete! -)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in