Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 100 Class Electric Helicopters

100 Class Electric Helicopters 100 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2020, 09:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default XK k110 Alternatives and tight Tail Blades

Hi there, getting back into this after about a year or more and trying to restart the brain cogs..

2 questions - I love this XK k110 for it's crash resistance (who'd have known 10 years ago we could practice 3D and the only downside to a crash was having to push a main gear up a shaft!) . So it brings the questions - are there any other similar helis, say less than or equal to 300 size that are as, or almost, as amazing? Happy to sacrifice a little crash resistance for performance (I have a Spektrum DX7 if that helps). Budget 300$ ish can stretch if really recommended..

Second question, i'm replacing the tail blades, but my replacement tail blades seem a very tight squeeze and i cannot seem to get them on? Is it a manufacturing defect or are there any tips to get these on?
aussiefly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2020, 10:01 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've been looking, but there doesn't seem to be anything even close to being as crash tolerant.
yakky is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2020, 09:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello,

the K110 is 60g.
If you go much higher, you get problems on a crash.
Even the first MCPX BL (2s) was known to be more sensitive on 2s.

Only the Blade 130X (2s,TT, linear servos) and Walkera V120d02s (1s, TT, real cyclic servos + real WK03-4 tail servo, but not MG) were below 150g.
The V120 was about 100g on 1s but I changed to Xtreme Spin motor on 2s and a 500mah battery for my project.

As my plan is to also replace the standard FBL with something different I will not be able to go much below 130-135g or even a bit higher (below 150g).

This V120 probably is a "never ending project" which I started in 2013 but have not the time and nerves to jump back onto it as I am still missing some parts; now I have the Tarot ZYX-s (with the Spektrum satellite support) and I will try my luck again.

Blade 150s (3s, motor driven tail)
OMPHobby M2 (3s, motor driven tail)
Blade Fusion 180 (4s, belt driven tail with tail servo) or
Blade 230s V2 (3s, motor driven tail)

All have more weight.

More weight = not that save (bomb proof) on crashes.
Walkera Devo 10/DeviationTX (12CH DSMx & telemetry)...Ex-DX8...Blade 4503D...Walkera V120D02s...XK K110...Blade 200QX quad...Ex-NanoCPX...Ex-120SR...StrykerQ (LEDs, M2 tuning)...Ex-MPX EGP...PPZ P51-D...PZ Wildcat (searching fuselage-firewall)
Thomas.Heiss is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2020, 04:19 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiefly View Post
Second question, i'm replacing the tail blades, but my replacement tail blades seem a very tight squeeze and i cannot seem to get them on? Is it a manufacturing defect or are there any tips to get these on?
If they're so tight I can't get them on even with a good deal of force I use a tool to slightly widen the hole. I have a small awl that works.

The size of the hole does seem to vary quite a bit. I've also had new ones that weren't tight enough.
krowbar is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in