Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > HELI-X Flight Sim

HELI-X Flight Sim HELI-X Flight Sim for Mac, Windows, Linux

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2020, 04:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Controller ail channel problem

Hi!

Maybe someone here had this problem and found a fix, or maybe it's symply my dongle cable which is defective.

I post here in Heli-x subforum cause it's the one I want to use but I have the problem on all simulators I tried.

I bought an Hitec SIMUSB cable, looks exactly like the FMS one, which is supposed to work on Heli-x. I want to use on XK X6 tx.

But when I try to configure it all channels moves even the switchs, except the aileron one.
I even tried in the windows calibration tool, same problem.
On the dongle I see the light flashing differently when an action on the aileron is done, but it doesn't seem to transfer them to the pc.

I tried on another pc also, same problem, both on windows 10.

On the tx itself I created a model whithout any expo, full rates etc so I don't think it's a TX problem, cause the dongle is registering ail moves with the light flashing for sure.

Maybe someone here have a fix for that! You'll save my first RC heli, even if k110 can crash a lot, i definitely need some simulator sessions 😅

Thanks!
Quentin46 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2020, 09:46 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello,

this makes me wonder how cheap and good the Hitec simulator cable is when you say it is like the one from FMS.
Is it similar to the Pichler one (21EUR)?

And the AIL is not defective on the X6 transmitter?
Is there a channel monitor (menu in the firmware)? What movement does it show from the stick?

What channel is the AIL on the X6 (Futaba S-FHSS protocol)?
I would expect it is the default channel order -- for PPM mode -- so it is below 6CH (where most low-cost dongle/interface cables do not work with 8CH channels).
Is it all the same for all transmitters or are the differences for PPM?

Maybe it is some strange issue with the XK X6 TX and PPM mode?
Do you have to activate PPM in the model settings?

..(...)..

How does your XK K110 behave when you plug into a lipo?
Can you actually move the swashplate (roll) on full 100% DualRate to the left and right when the hold switch is activated with this X6 TX?

My Devo10 with DeviationTX firmware allows a special USBHID mode. So I can use it with a normal cable without requiring an additional USB interface (joystick/gamecontroller) mode.

But for now I need to swap the two stick aggregates as the potis seem to be defective after the TX fell onto the floor (channel center not anymore at 0; there is constant AIL movement on the channel without me moving the sticks when I try it even on the Reflex SIM).
Strangely I always have the problem on two very old computers that the helis fly incorrectly with Heli-X V4.2...but I have the same issue on the RealFlight InterLink Elite USB controller.
And on the other (old) computer with an old Nvidia graphic card I could get ClearView running with the InterLink controller....I will retest with the Devo10 and USBHID mode.

Have you found anything like this USBHID mode on the X6 as a separate model option (instead of PPM)?
To my understanding this is not the PPM mode which I have activated (for my old Reflex XTR V5.03 dongle) in the DeviationTX settings on another model number.
So I guess PPM is when you plug a trainer or USB cable (with interface for joystick emulation) into the DSC port?!??
To my understanding this is the mode you would use with the Hitec USB simulator interface cable.

Maybe you have more luck with the more expensive RX2SIM or SimStickPro adapters?!?
My LHS in Germany sells the Pichler USB V2 simulator cable C6099-PIC which is more expensive with 21EUR.
Is it just like your Hitec USB simulator cable?

Both AccuRC and Next simulators give a listing of some USB simulator adapters (interfaces) and what (old) USB cables/interfaces do not work that good.

Sorry, I do not have this Pichler or Hitec simulator cables.
Nor the XK X6 transmitter.
Maybe I could ask my German XK/Wltoys dealer if he has seen this strange technical issue...

-------------------------

With what Heli-X version do you make your tests?

You could also try it with the V9c demo: https://www.heli-x.info/cms/corona-crisis/

Does it work any better with the old V4.2 version which is listed on the website?
Well, re-reading your main comment you have this AIL and Hitec cable issue on ALL simulators.
How about Clearview?

What others (besides FMS) have you tried?
What about Multiplex Multiflight (even V2.0 has no helis)?
Have you already downloaded the Reflex XTR V6.02 demo and tried it with this one?

Best regards from Germany
Walkera Devo 10/DeviationTX (12CH DSMx & telemetry)...Ex-DX8...Blade 4503D...Walkera V120D02s...XK K110...Blade 200QX quad...Ex-NanoCPX...Ex-120SR...StrykerQ (LEDs, M2 tuning)...Ex-MPX EGP...PPZ P51-D...PZ Wildcat (searching fuselage-firewall)
Thomas.Heiss is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2020, 11:03 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hi!
Thanks for your more than detailed answer!
Will try as best I can to not forget one question 😉

Yes it's a cheap one, all french resellers sells this one so I suppose it's not a bad one.

On the X6 transmitter everything is fine, ail working perfectly, when I use it with K110 it's working just as it should, and on the display I can see the full travel of all sticks. Everything is just working perfectly.
I even verified PPM connector soldering in it.

On X6 tx the Ail is channel 1. And I tried but I can't affect other channel to it, no option for that.
And there's no special mode to activate PPM, no simulator mode, PPM is activated all the time, just have to create another model in it, without expo reduced rate etc. To avoid erasing the one I use with the heli.

On this radio there's only PPM no usb connection sadly.

Yes I should take another good one, but seeing only one channel not working is strange, others channels works fine.

I tried with Heli-x v9c, v8 and previous, with NeXt, and lot of other simulators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas.Heiss View Post
Hello,

this makes me wonder how cheap and good the Hitec simulator cable is when you say it is like the one from FMS.
Is it similar to the Pichler one (21EUR)?

And the AIL is not defective on the X6 transmitter?
Is there a channel monitor (menu in the firmware)? What movement does it show from the stick?

What channel is the AIL on the X6 (Futaba S-FHSS protocol)?
I would expect it is the default channel order -- for PPM mode -- so it is below 6CH (where most low-cost dongle/interface cables do not work with 8CH channels).
Is it all the same for all transmitters or are the differences for PPM?

Maybe it is some strange issue with the XK X6 TX and PPM mode?
Do you have to activate PPM in the model settings?

..(...)..

How does your XK K110 behave when you plug into a lipo?
Can you actually move the swashplate (roll) on full 100% DualRate to the left and right when the hold switch is activated with this X6 TX?

My Devo10 with DeviationTX firmware allows a special USBHID mode. So I can use it with a normal cable without requiring an additional USB interface (joystick/gamecontroller) mode.

But for now I need to swap the two stick aggregates as the potis seem to be defective after the TX fell onto the floor (channel center not anymore at 0; there is constant AIL movement on the channel without me moving the sticks when I try it even on the Reflex SIM).
Strangely I always have the problem on two very old computers that the helis fly incorrectly with Heli-X V4.2...but I have the same issue on the RealFlight InterLink Elite USB controller.
And on the other (old) computer with an old Nvidia graphic card I could get ClearView running with the InterLink controller....I will retest with the Devo10 and USBHID mode.

Have you found anything like this USBHID mode on the X6 as a separate model option (instead of PPM)?
To my understanding this is not the PPM mode which I have activated (for my old Reflex XTR V5.03 dongle) in the DeviationTX settings on another model number.
So I guess PPM is when you plug a trainer or USB cable (with interface for joystick emulation) into the DSC port?!??
To my understanding this is the mode you would use with the Hitec USB simulator interface cable.

Maybe you have more luck with the more expensive RX2SIM or SimStickPro adapters?!?
My LHS in Germany sells the Pichler USB V2 simulator cable C6099-PIC which is more expensive with 21EUR.
Is it just like your Hitec USB simulator cable?

Both AccuRC and Next simulators give a listing of some USB simulator adapters (interfaces) and what (old) USB cables/interfaces do not work that good.

Sorry, I do not have this Pichler or Hitec simulator cables.
Nor the XK X6 transmitter.
Maybe I could ask my German XK/Wltoys dealer if he has seen this strange technical issue...

-------------------------

With what Heli-X version do you make your tests?

You could also try it with the V9c demo: https://www.heli-x.info/cms/corona-crisis/

Does it work any better with the old V4.2 version which is listed on the website?
Well, re-reading your main comment you have this AIL and Hitec cable issue on ALL simulators.
How about Clearview?

What others (besides FMS) have you tried?
What about Multiplex Multiflight (even V2.0 has no helis)?
Have you already downloaded the Reflex XTR V6.02 demo and tried it with this one?

Best regards from Germany
Quentin46 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2020, 12:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,

at least your K110 works well with the X6. Better than nothing.

I posted in another thread that on the Ikarus website you can buy their USB gamecontroller.
Or a USB adapter (for joystick emulation) where you can plug into any transmitter.

Maybe this stuff - like RX2SIM / SimStickPro - is a bit more high level:

https://shop.ikarus.net/fr/40-adapta...et-accessoires
https://shop.ikarus.net/fr/

It is the European Ikarus shop with French as the default language.

I understand very well that you just want to try to get your XK X6 transmitter working in PPM mode.
And I read multiple times on several German RC forums that it "should" be working.

The Ikarus USB gamecontroller (for 50 EUR) does not look like my RealFlight InterLink Elite USB controller or the newer "Spektrum InterLink DX".
I have no idea about the feeling of the sticks or how the "plastic" is.
Actually, on the InterLink Elite I put orange Spektrum AfterSales tuning sticks on; this makes (for me) a big difference also on my Walkera Devo10.

Maybe you get it also working with RX2SIM?
Walkera Devo 10/DeviationTX (12CH DSMx & telemetry)...Ex-DX8...Blade 4503D...Walkera V120D02s...XK K110...Blade 200QX quad...Ex-NanoCPX...Ex-120SR...StrykerQ (LEDs, M2 tuning)...Ex-MPX EGP...PPZ P51-D...PZ Wildcat (searching fuselage-firewall)
Thomas.Heiss is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in