Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Spektrum FBL System > Spektrum FC6250HX

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2020, 10:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
HF Scale Support

Default Requests for New Features

Hi Brian,

Could I start this out with a request for 'per flight mode' rotation rates. I have used it in other gyros to limit the speed at which the model rolls without limiting the distance that the servo can travel. It makes the Hover mode for F3C maneuvers very docile yet still being very precise to me, at least. In the same theme, would it be also possible to setup 'per flight mode' PID loops to go along with the rotation rates? Thanks.

Don
Keyrigger is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2020, 04:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

You can set your tx dual rates to the flight mode switch and then adjust rates as desired. deg/s * tx rate = deg/s actual.

Separate gains, from the manual;
Select the FM Channel and select Inhibit. After initial test flights, if you would like to use individual gains per flight mode, set the FM Channel within the Setup menu.

Tip: Adjust gains per flight mode by setting the FM Channel: Function in the setup menu. Set the Channel Input Config in the transmitter for the selected channel to Flight Mode

Once FM Channel has been set and when you are in the fwdprg menus you will find the gains change based on your current flight mode.

Regards,
Brian Bremer
Horizon Hobby, LLC
brianbremer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2020, 08:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
HF Scale Support

Thread Starter Thread Starter

So if I get this right, the channel I should make sure is selected is Gear in the FM Channel selection or should I use one of the Aux channels?. So the big question I do have is if I select 150degree rotation rate for my Hover Mode (FM1), will I be able to select 280degree for my Regular Flight (FM2) and 200degree for Aerobatics (FM3)? I did see that line in the manual but to me, it is not clear if that is the way it responds. Learning curve, sigh.

Don

PS: Thanks for the advice.
Old 06-04-2020, 10:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
HF Scale Support

Hi Brian,

Tonight I went on YouTube and watched a tutorial on setting up Safe Mode. It has all become very clear now. The sad part is, my heli is down in the truck and I don't really feel like going downstairs at the moment. Thanks.

Don
Old 06-05-2020, 10:28 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

You can use any available channel for the FM Channel. Just make sure the tx and fc6250hx settings match up.

Set the fc6250hx deg/s for cyclic to 280, then set the cyclic d/r for normal to 150/280 = 53.5%, Stunt 1 to 200/280 =71.5% and Stunt 2 to 280/280 = 100%

I considered adding deg/s per flight mode during development but concluded it would be best to handle it in this way since the majority would not want the separate deg/s per flight mode or the 12 separate settings that have to be individually adjusted to cover 4 flight modes * 3 axis.

I recommend leaving the separate gains disabled until the model is flying well, then if you see a need for separate gains you can enable them, set all 36 gains as preferred and go from their.

Most will find the fc6250hx handles very well on the same gains throughout a wide range of head speeds, the separate gains were simply included for those that would want the feature.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Brian Bremer
Horizon Hobby, LLC
CFerry likes this.
Old 06-05-2020, 11:09 AM   #6 (permalink)
HF Scale Support

Thanks for the reply, Brian. I will be making the changes to add per FM adjustability of the gains but I am one of those pilots that is very used to setting degree/sec for each individual flight mode. I would not object to it being added in the future. Just like the individual gains, if you don't adjust them, they do not change. I will use a calculator and take the 280 degrees as a baseline to work out how I want each setting to be. As an example, I had the previous gyro set to 80% of 100 degrees/sec (100 was as low as I could go) for Hovering Maneuvers and that worked very well. The others had no dual rates but only expo as I set each to the fastest I wanted the helicopter to rotate on each individual axis. In any event, thanks for your advice on setup. Take care.

Don

PS: The Diabolo 800+ really does fly nicely with this gyro.
Old 06-19-2020, 07:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
HF Scale Support

Brian:

This one is on my wish list. Would there be the possibility to add a delay in the changing from one flight mode to the other. Let's take an example of a low speed hover that has to change over to high speed but the settings for each mode would cause bumps in the flight of the helicopter as they slam change from one to the other. It could be timed to allow the pitch to increase or decrease and the rpm change (can be handled by the ESC in many cases) smoothly so the helicopter could maintain a steady flight line or hover position as it changes speed. Thanks for your work on this system.

Don
Old 06-19-2020, 10:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
HF Scale Support

I know it was a big step to get the Castle telemetry feed working but I noticed one absent item and that is mAh used which was a wonderful data point to get from my Heli-Babies. Is there a way to dig it out of the data that is currently being given to the system. I will try but I think it is something that must be passed on from the Live Link. Thanks Brian.

Don
Old 06-19-2020, 11:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

All xbus telemetry is simply passed onto the transmitter, the live link is no different than any other xbus sensor. Is it possible a telemetry page in the tx needs to be set to active?

I can do a slew rate on the collective for flight mode changes, actually its on my list for when you exit panic mode and still have the collective stick at -10 degrees.

There was a reason we gave up on center stick hover

Best Regards,
Brian Bremer

Horizon Hobby, LLC
Old 06-20-2020, 12:04 AM   #10 (permalink)
HF Scale Support

Thanks for that info. I have attempted to use the Flight Pack mAh page, manually and see if it transfers the data. I am actually not using center stick hover and have set some exponential points before and after the mid point of the pitch curve. I look forward to the development of this controller and transmitter combo. If I didn't mention it before, my transmitter is an iX12. They make a really good combo. Take care.

Don
Old 06-21-2020, 09:38 PM   #11 (permalink)
HF Scale Support

Hi Brian:

I have tried a couple of different settings within the audio so that I could get the information from Flight Pack mAh used. So far, no luck. When I do a telemetry setup, it only finds two packets, one being the ESC and the other I presume is the Flight Log or Rx Voltage. I think in the Auto Config, when done with some other units and the Castle ESCs, it would discover 9 packets. Some may have been duplicates or ones supported by the other gyro but for certain, one of the units discovered was Flight Pack mAh. That was information sent from the Castle along with Amps, Powerbox, and ESC. The standard ones found were RPM, Volts, and Temperature but none of those were "discovered" by the Auto Config. In the other helicopters with the other gyros installed, all of them gave the mAh used from Flight Pack A as there is no B pack. I hope this information can help activate these other telemetry features. So far, the one that I mainly pay attention to (until I get mAh operational) is working like a charm. I have voltage called out every thirty seconds so a seven to 8 minute flight is not even pushing the packs. Thanks for having a look at this. Take care.

Don

PS: I don't know how to use the USER DEFINED settings as that to me looks a lot like programming and I am not a programmer by any stretch.
Old 06-22-2020, 08:53 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Don,

I have added this to my to do list, I will check and see what packets the telemetry adapter is sending out.

The 6250 simply passes the telemetry messages onto the transmitter.

I did a quick 5 minute check and found....

--------------------------
From the castle live link protocol documentation, just the protocol, not the adapter.

Castle Link Live Communication Protocol -Page 6
©2010-2012 Castle Creations INC.

5) Data Items:The data in the 12pulses is as follows:

1.RESETNo tickat all to allow easy synchronization with the data stream.

2.CalibrationA 1.0ms pulse to calibrate time scales, part of a possible 2-point calibration.

3.VoltageThe battery voltage measured by the ESC.

4.RippleVoltageThe difference between the battery voltage measured during the FET on timeand FET off time. There is no Ripple Voltage at full throttle because there is no FEToff time.

5.CurrentThe current measured by the ESC. Not supported on some controllers.

6.ThrottleThe standard 1-2ms RC pulse as measured by the ESC.

7.Output PowerThe ESC’s current output power percentage.

8.RPMThe current electrical RPM of the motorattached to the ESC.

9.BEC VoltageThe current voltage of the ESC’s BEC. Not supported on some controllers.

10.BEC CurrentThe current amount of current that is being provided by the ESC’s BEC. Not supported on some controllers.

11.Temperature / CalibrationThe current temperature of the ESC ifthe ESC has a linear temperature sensor.A 0.5ms calibration pulse, part of a 2-point calibrationotherwise.

12.Temperature / CalibrationThe current temperature of the ESC ifthe ESC has a NTCtemperature sensor. A 0.5ms calibration pulse, part of a 2-point calibrationotherwise.

I see current but I do not see mah consumed, the mah consumed you have seen in the past may of been a extrapolated from the current data item and a packet may of been generated by the device you were using previously.

I checked the xbus telemetry adapter documentation and do not see mah consumed mentioned in the "compatibility chart", only the items listed above.

I will check into it as priorities permit, perhaps somethings have changed since the 2012 date on the documentation so I will need to log and evaluate the telemetry data provided by the xbus telemetry adapter.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Brian Bremer
Horizon Hobby, LLC
Old 06-22-2020, 09:29 AM   #13 (permalink)
HF Scale Support

Thanks Brian. I am using the latest Edge 160HV running their latest software. There has been a display item of the Castle that shows the flight pack mAhs consumed in each flight for a number of years, going back to the Ice and Ice HV series. There might be in internal signal that may have been found and used by MSH to make that data available as the Flight Pack mAh as listed in the Macros. Take care.

Don
Old 06-27-2020, 04:13 PM   #14 (permalink)
HF Scale Support

Another thought crossed my mind this afternoon. I am presuming that there is a sensor that is onboard that can pick up the vibrations given off by the helicopter. Is it possible to have those readings output or is there no way of retrieving that information? Thanks.

Don
Old 07-01-2020, 12:08 PM   #15 (permalink)
HF Scale Support

Hi Brian:

I did a bit of reading on another facet of the Castle/Brian2 interface and found the information about the mAh packet as you said it most likely is. The mAh used is calculated by the gyro taken from the Amps signal from the ESC. A multiplier is used in the Brain firmware to match the output of that data so it coincides with what is reported by the ESC. I guess the Brain2 creates its own Amp packet that the telemetry system picks up on and then translates it for use by the Spektrum system. Take care and thanks.

Don
Old 07-10-2020, 09:10 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Requests for New Features

I would love to see nitro gov on this FBL

Iím in the process of switching all of my 15+ helis over to it and my 600xn (nitro) needs some 6250hx gov love! Happy to beta test!

Edit: saw in another thread a post from Brian stating Nitro gov is coming. Thanks Brian!

Last edited by vertico; 07-11-2020 at 02:17 PM..
vertico is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2020, 11:52 AM   #17 (permalink)
HF Scale Support

One more request, Brian. Many of today's gyro systems have the ability to track and record items like various voltages, signal strengths, and transmitter channel inputs and outputs. Many also track vibration levels on the three axis' and are able to display them graphically or numerically which can help track down the source. I know that with the Spektrum systems, the telemetry data can be recorded by the transmitter and through third party software, can be analyzed after the flights have been downloaded to the computer. Would it be possible to have the three axis' vibration levels played live via the telemetry screen and the values recorded to the files on the transmitter? I have been trying to track down an harmonic vibration (I think I have found it) for a while now and have put a package together of an old vibration logging capable gyro, battery, and two remote receivers, all bound to the current 6250 system in my sport scale Jet Ranger. It's food for thought for a future firmware release. Take care.

Don
Old 12-01-2020, 09:49 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

All requests have been noted.

The transmitter is used to log telemetry data, possibly a telemetry packet supporting vibration notifications can be added in or an existing packet can be used to provide the data.

Regards,
Old 12-17-2020, 07:29 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

I asked this in the FB group but did not get a reply. What are the chances of getting support for Kontronik telemetry. I note that Kontronik outputs to most most major TX manufacturers, but not Spektrum. Are Spektrum and Kontronik able to come to the middle ground?
Old 12-17-2020, 11:22 AM   #20 (permalink)
HF Scale Support

You might want to take that up with Kontronik. The protocols for Spektrum are published or sent to manufacturers upon request so you should be bending their ears about why they don't support Spektrum. I wish you luck and hope you get it.

Don

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in