Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Spektrum FBL System > Spektrum FC6250HX

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2020, 04:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default FC6250HX Open Stock v5.5 Public Beta Firmware

If in doubt and your model is flying well, do not install the update.

Please feel free to ask questions in this thread.

Spektrumô FC6250HX Open Stock Version 5.5.0 Public BETA (June19th, 2020)

PUBLIC BETA RELEASE, Only update if you are affected by one or more of the issues listed below.

Requirements:

You must perform the Gyro->System Setup->Calibrate Sensor function after updating to this firmware and before flying your model. Please refer to the sensor calibration section within the FC6250HX instruction manual.

Warning! Failure to calibrate the sensor before flying the model may result in drift or possibly a loss of control of the model.

Parameters will not be reset when installing this public beta firmware onto a open stock FC6250HX however always review the setup instructions within the manual and pre-flight checklists to ensure your model and FC6250HX is setup correctly before flying.

In some circumstances xBus telemetry sensors were not being detected correctly on the past firmware, this issue has been resolved in this update.

The calibration is now performed with the FC6250HX mounted in the Setup->Gyro-Orientation. Please take note that the calibration must be performed after changing the orientation to ensure safe and correct operation. Due to this change, when exiting the Setup->Gyro-Orientation you will be presented a screen to begin the calibration. Ensure the model is level using a bubble level in the roll and pitch axis and select begin on your transmitter.
Not an update but to clarify, yellow flash during calibration means calibration is progressing normally. A red flash is an indication that the model is not near level or the model is being moved, red is an indication that calibration is not progressing. Once the calibration is complete you will see "Complete" on the transmitter screen. The FC6250HX is ready for operation once you perform the gyro correction, pre-flight checks and after exiting the forward programming menu.

Out of balance ESC fans and in some cases the ESC causing the main motor to generate a sound were leading to the calibration not progressing, in this firmware the tolerances for calibration have been increased some to help reduce the issue. In extreme cases where the red led flash still occurs during calibration it is recommended to disconnect the ESC fan or main motor during the calibration procedure. An out of balance ESC fan that is causing the calibration to not progress should be replaced as it is affecting the sensor operation.

Adds support for Smart ESC textgen.

In some circumstances a slow tail pitch slider drift was noted with the model powered up and on the bench for several minutes. The slow drift over several minutes did not impact the tail performance in any way but the changes have been made to reduce this issue.

Due to the complex nature of the software and the nearly endless combination of setups that are possible, the first public exposure of a new version to thousands of consumers is the most likely time to uncover any undetected issues. As always, the pilot should ensure that all programming behaves as intended in the model.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Brian Bremer
Horizon Hobby, LLC
Nytro97 and BrokeDad like this.
brianbremer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2020, 09:37 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Please feel free to post feedback here as well, it may help others out and I will keep track of the concerns as well.

I did run into calibration issue on a Fusion 480 using a eflite 1100kv motor. The motor tones being emitted prevented the calibration from progressing (solid red) due to the esc tones being emitted, disconnecting the motor resolved the issue.

And my Fusion 520 using a scorpion 1100kv motor passed calibration without issue.

I am leaning towards it is better to capture a good calibration. I am okay with disconnecting the motor if needed since the calibration is only done occasionally.

Best Regards,
Brian Bremer
Horizon Hobby, LLC
BrokeDad likes this.
Old 06-20-2020, 09:58 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

When I set up my Fusion 480 I had to unplug my Avian ESC fan to get it to set in calibration mode. ( before this update).
Old 06-21-2020, 10:48 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Brian, I did the update And tried to do a calibration and could not get it to go like you said because of the motor tones beeping.I unplugged a motor wire.
I go to try it a gain I plug the battery in and the 6250 is flashing a white flash and then goes to a solid red.. ? The receivers show that they are bound.
Old 06-21-2020, 08:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I want to mention I don't get the six initialization tone from the motor now...just one interment beat. I did a factory reset on the 6250 and now have a flashing white light. Went through and set the servos 333mhz ...I have no control to the servos. No communication ???? and the receivers are bound. I am going to sit on it...Maybe I need to do a rebind.
Old 06-22-2020, 09:05 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Pm sent.

Beta has been temporarily disabled, one other person run into issues after installing the update this weekend, but others have had no issues at all. Looking for the issue now, once found and resolved the beta will be enabled again.

Best Regards,
Brian Bremer
Horizon Hobby, LLC

Last edited by brianbremer; 06-22-2020 at 09:21 AM..
Old 06-22-2020, 09:36 AM   #7 (permalink)
HF Scale Support

Nytro97:

Just a thought. You said you disconnected one wire from your motor. What would happen if you disconnected the ESC and used a suitable power pack to do the updating and calibration, and if you get a successful update, connect the ESC back up? Just throwing an idea out for a look-see. Take care.

Don
Keyrigger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2020, 09:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Problem has been identified and resolved, the public beta firmware is live again.

If you have already updated and did not experience an issue there is no need to update again.

If in doubt and your model is flying well, do not install the public beta.

If you do install make sure you follow this from the beta notes;

You must perform the Gyro->System Setup->Calibrate Sensor function after updating to this firmware and before flying your model. Please refer to the sensor calibration section within the FC6250HX instruction manual.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Brian Bremer

Horizon Hobby, LLC
Old 06-27-2020, 05:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Finally had some time to do some setup time today.... All is good and working. Thank you Brian for all the help.

Tom
Old 07-02-2020, 04:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I made the download and this thing is waiting for the to calibrate for at least 30 min now and I have no control over any servo.
Great.
Any ideas or have I somehow managed to screw this thing up.

Trex 700N-FB, 600N-FB,500E-FB, 500XT & 500X -FBL, Rex 470 LM, Fusion 480, 360, (2) 270's, Nano S2.
gyronut is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2020, 05:15 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Update, Had to disconnect motor for sensor to caliibrate.
No drifting of tail yet.

Trex 700N-FB, 600N-FB,500E-FB, 500XT & 500X -FBL, Rex 470 LM, Fusion 480, 360, (2) 270's, Nano S2.
gyronut is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2020, 08:22 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I made the download and this thing is waiting for the to calibrate for at least 30 min now and I have no control over any servo.
Great.
Any ideas or have I somehow managed to screw this thing up.
Maybe some trouble with the connection?
samlarson is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2020, 11:29 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My calibration got stuck too with 5.4 stock version. I fixed it by updating it to 5.5.0 public beta, calibrate, and then install 5.4 version again, afterwards calibrate went fine.
MikeHeal12 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2020, 03:02 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

The calibration runs until it passes, the calibration takes less than 5 seconds to complete if everything is good.

Things that can cause the calibration to re-start (if you see a red led flash it has re-started calibration);

a) FC6250HX not in set mounting orientation, on 5.5 and beyond the fc6250hx must be calibrated in the set orientation.

b) FC6250HX not within 5 degrees of level

c) Surface vibrating or moving

d) Larger motor ESC generated beeps, disconnect 1 of the three motor wires

e) Out of balance cooling fan, disconnect if possible.

f) Unlikely but possible, digital servo jitter leading to vibration.

Regards,
Old 01-26-2021, 07:16 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Can't seem to get mine to calibrate

Brian,

I've read the above and have unplugged all servos, the motor wires and the esc fan. the only things plugged into the FC6250 are the Avian 100 and the 4651T. I've used a bubble level on the FC6250 case and have leveled it in all directions. I still get the flashing red light and cant connect. I do get a solid light on the 4651T though. I cannot connect to forward programming. Going back to 5.4 everything works (accept the Avian 100 wont connect to the FC6250 in Smart Mode which I "think" is why I need 5.5.). Any help would greatly appreciated!

Whoops a few more things. It's oriented in my 480 in Orientation 1 (Label up, servo plugs pointing forward). If the upgrade to 5.5 changes this setting to something else, I have no way of changing it as I cant connect to forward programming.

-Eric

Last edited by Desmohead; 01-26-2021 at 07:19 PM.. Reason: left something out
Desmohead is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2021, 12:04 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

To confirm, on 5.5 open stock after power up and without doing/starting anything you are seeing a red flash (once per second - aka failsafe) on the fc6250hx and a solid orange indication on the 4651t?

However on 5.4 open stock you are seeing a green flash (once per second) on the fc6250hx and a solid orange indication on the 4651t?

What tx are you using?
Old 01-28-2021, 09:10 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Brian,

Thanks everything you do to help all of us! Yes, that is correct. 5.4 green flash on the 6250 with solid orange on the rx. 5.5 red flash on the 6250 also with solid orange on the rx.

I'm using a DX18 Gen2 2.07 firmware

I thought I read that the red flash on the 6250 was Calibration restart not failsafe.

-Eric

Last edited by Desmohead; 01-28-2021 at 09:12 PM.. Reason: left something out
Old 01-29-2021, 05:29 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Think I have it sorted

Brian,

I think I have it sorted out. When you mentioned that the red flashing light on the 6250 indicates failsafe mode, it gave me an idea to try. As it turns out, it was the issue.

I have my 4561T connected to RX2 on the side of the FC6250 not to the Bind/Prg/RX2 port on the "receiver bus". I didn't expect this to be an issue because I thought the documentation indicated that RX2 and Bind/Prg/RX2 were the same bus. My guess now is that they are not exactly. Everything works as it should using RX2 in 5.4 and 5.3 save any telemetry from the Avian (forward programming works fine). So I tried updating my FC6250 to 5.5 with the 4651T plugged into the Bind/Prg/Rx2 port and voila, the FC6250 shows a green flashing light and the Avian telemetry and textgens work. It seems that the RX2 port works just fine with firmware 5.4 and 5.3 but doesn't support Avian telemetry. If I want to run firmware 5.5 however, the 4561T must be in the Bind/Prg/Rx2 port. At least that's what I'm seeing. Do you get the same result?

-Eric

I you get this same result, I'll write this up and send to [email protected]. Maybe this might help them help someone else.

Last edited by Desmohead; 01-31-2021 at 06:36 AM.. Reason: bad typist
Old 02-01-2021, 11:28 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Eric,

Thank you for the information and for bringing the issue up, let me dig into it and see what is going on.

The front rx2 port is better for the srxl2 full range telemetry remotes since it is the BEC supply rail, however the issue you are running into should not be occurring on the side rx2 port which are on the fc6250hx 3.3v rail.

All 6250hx open stock firmware supports smart esc's and telemetry. Esc textgen was just recently added in November and v5.5 beta 2 includes support for that.

The srxl2 remote firmware has been updated quite a few times since release so make sure you keep those up to date as well.
Old 02-01-2021, 11:35 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Brian,

I'm happy to help out. If you want any more specifics, reach out via pm. In the meantime, I'll go ahead and update my 4651T and see if the behavior changes. I'll post any interesting findings. If it's helpful, I can send something off to the Helpdesk just incase another user runs into this. Hoping to help others if I can. Simply knowing what port the 4651T is plugged into makes a difference (at least for me it did).

-Eric

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in