Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Electric Motors, Gearing, Speed Controls, Gyros, Receivers, and Other Electronics Discussion > Electric Motors Winding and Repair

Electric Motors Winding and Repair Electric Motors Winding and Repair Discussion

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2020, 07:06 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Until then here is a parting shot for you from the USA's Jordan Lake.....where that can all take place. U can bring the Mechanix with you.

Stay positive if you can and Covid free....
1B.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	12603502684_0ce602f46e_o-700x467.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	870415  
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2020, 10:41 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

James Allen my mentor and ME with 50 years experience in toolmaking in an expert in fixtures machining and mechanical design. He has a vast knowledge in metallurgy, and ball bearing technology. He Is considered by Henry Nelson to be his brother and also ED Kalfus. Ed was also a very accomplished engineer and a founding father of the International Model Power Boat Association. (IMPBA). All these guys are hall of famers in there perspective rc pastimes. James brings me all the knowledge of these expects and expects me to learn to use every bit of it. The hydraulic dyno I show you guys was gifted to him from Ed Kalfus and James improved upon the design. James also was the PL fitter and engine assembler at Aeroprecision..... the manufacturing home of the Nelson LS.

Here is his lesson and pictures on machining the rudders for the boats.

"Hugh,

I could not find the fixture for the skid fins, however the technique & fixture used to mill them is very similar to the technique & fixture used to machine a full wedge rudder. In both cases, a simple fixture holds the piece, rudder or skid fin, with SHCS's in a area that is cut off after the angle is milled on both sides. In both cases the original pieces are machined over sized to facilitate rigid holding to a fixture that has the correct angle milled onto it. The final shape of either piece is always cut after the wedge shape is milled. Since the fixture remains in a fixed position, reversing the skid fins or rudders gives the same angle on both sides. The largest skid fin was approximately 2.000" high X 2.500" wide with about .500" in the water a speed. All skid fins were machined from .0625" spring steel using carbide end mills."

Hugh,

I should have told you that a carefully drawn view of exactly what the wedge shape will look like helps to determine if the calculated angles involved are correct. I made these drawings at a scale of 1:10 using 10 X 10 grid graph paper, which was 11" X 17". At a scale of 1:10, measurements could be made from the drawing using simple tools such as a machinist protractor & a machinist scale. Using this method allowed a 5/32 " water pickup hole to be drilled in the 1/4" thick rudder blades used on my hydro & cat boats."

~Jim Allen~

Happy Harmonics,
Hubert
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	P4100016.JPG
Views:	13
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	871093   Click image for larger version

Name:	P4100017.JPG
Views:	12
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	871095   Click image for larger version

Name:	P3300018.JPG
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	871097   Click image for larger version

Name:	P4100014.JPG
Views:	13
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	871099   Click image for larger version

Name:	P3250028.JPG
Views:	10
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	871101  

Name:	P3250031.JPG
Views:	11
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	871103   Click image for larger version

Name:	P3250029.JPG
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	871105   Click image for larger version

Name:	P4100018.JPG
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	871107   Click image for larger version

Name:	P4100019.JPG
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	871109   Click image for larger version

Name:	P4100020.JPG
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	871111  

Last edited by 1BOHO; 07-24-2020 at 10:52 AM..
1BOHO is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2020, 11:10 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

The truth Christian Lucas is that Hubert is not like you. He doesnt care about other peoples business like what modelers trade in services and parts. He doesn't have to fight for 10 years with Dr. Ralph Okon and German speed plane pilots or create personal threads for the sake of ad hominem. He doesn't have to insult the rest of the developed world, or justify untrutful things he has posted that are easily disproven by email to simply understand that a MH 54 airfoil posted clearly on Dr Hepperle's site has .6% of camber. He also doesn't have to shove soviet creations into anyones workshop that do not apply or want them to remain amicable. He also knows that Ron Jones Jr was a great U-1 boat designer. This thread wont change a thing about any of that.

YT
Hubert
Attached Images

Last edited by 1BOHO; 07-24-2020 at 11:51 AM..
Old 07-24-2020, 01:24 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Most of JA's prints have already be redrawn in cam models and simulated. Some have even been run in free machining brass blanks to check tolerances. The g codes are all good and safe they simply await a machine and turrret tool learning. Here is the tool path and a few finished test blanks. Hubert does all this not a "team" our outsourcing. Another area of skilset development Luke has no contribution to. It made Hubert an asset of tangibility actually for him. I still grow professionally. Where is Huberts ceiling? Lucas has no "CLUGH".

YT
Hubert
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	new photo 6-12-2014 015.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	871131   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hughs male UJ.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	871133  
Old 07-24-2020, 01:45 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

For fun Hubert made a Chess set on the HAAS mini mill. It sold on ebay in 3 days for the cost of a large speed plane. He can propbably turn 20 or better a day . Here a photo of his board and rooks. He will post the full set a bit later. Luke and his friends can purchase a chess set for 1000 dollars if they can play with a boss.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	new photo 6-12-2014 001.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	871135   Click image for larger version

Name:	today progress 003.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	871137   Click image for larger version

Name:	today progress 007.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	871139  
Old 07-24-2020, 01:58 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Tell The Ic speeders guys in Germany I also have the exact prints to the internals of the billet speed engines Christian Lucas show to the people in Germany but he does not have the prints nor has he ever cut a toroidal head button that allows you to squish the CC to the mechanical limit with NO DETONATION!!! Ive already cut a model and no exactly what to do to make the buttons. I even have created the model from Stu Barr whos sent me a button to take dimesions from for CMB 1.00 head buttons. Im sure Cristian Lucas know Stu Barr since the "Crapshooter" boat is another American creation from Stuart.....

Who really is Hubert....
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	toroidal button for QD 024.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	871141  
Old 07-24-2020, 02:05 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here is the beginning of the modeling of JA's .625 bore carburetor. Again Hubert did this. Zero involvement from Christian Lucas

Tell the German IC speeders to ask Lucas did James Allen who he claims no longer speaks to "Hubert" has taught him how to build the bell valve induction carburetor? I have all the prints and instruction from the fellow "BLACK" American man...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	625X needle construction.png
Views:	103
Size:	122.0 KB
ID:	871143   Click image for larger version

Name:	625 bore barrel carburetor on QD 161.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	871145  

Last edited by 1BOHO; 07-24-2020 at 02:15 PM..
Old 07-24-2020, 02:24 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ask them do they have the prints from Christain Lucas to the billet rod pictured here that produce 7.2 hp @ 30,000 rpm in a .90 Nitro. Then ask him does he have the instruction or the tools at his home to make it. Hubert has all these things. Folders upon folders of prints and papers and the forman ability to execute! Ask the speeders do the needles in their engines have double rollers!!! These cannot be brought made from maraging steel!!! The American Marine! Didnt even waste time with the patent! We dont sit on our butts an collect royalties tapping keyboards all day we work and learn till we die! True Americans u better believe it!

Regards Freaks
Hubert
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	pict0010a.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	871149  
Old 07-24-2020, 06:15 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have to ask, what is the point of this thread? A disagreement between people?
GimpyGolden, 1BOHO and xoexoe like this.
Old 07-24-2020, 06:19 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by blarks View Post
I have to ask, what is the point of this thread? A disagreement between people?
Seems like he's just talking to himself
GimpyGolden, blarks, 1BOHO and 1 others like this.
BuildFlyCrashRepeat is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2020, 06:19 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nobody will EVER read his posts which is hilarious
1BOHO likes this.
BuildFlyCrashRepeat is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2020, 08:15 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well then who exactly are you talking to here and whos responding if no one is reading it? This would mean you are making declarations to "no one". Isnt that funny too the full circle implication of your statement you are here.....On top of that It's truly hillarious several ways you are probably not aware of but If you have a problem with the goofy thread you should tell the OP who started it.

Dont forget this isnt my thread.I hold no keys.

Only the op can close it. And I promise you anyone that build IC engines is def looking and why it stays open. You dont know what you are looking at so thats why its of no interest to you. Its been viewed nearly 600 times already especially the attachments. It truly has no modeling value without the follow up post. His false assesment of me certainly wont fly you faster but the ad hominem threads is here and open now isnt it......so we answer with the truth What we actually know and what we actually do with MODELS.....once again correcting the ops mistaken identity.

Sit back and relax. Don't worry I'm going make it into a positive modeling outcome here on the freak. Then I'm going to build the Kracken with NEU & APD.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	thumbnail (31).png
Views:	95
Size:	265.0 KB
ID:	871331  

Last edited by 1BOHO; 07-25-2020 at 09:12 AM..
Old 07-25-2020, 11:09 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Time to add another to the list.
Old 07-25-2020, 11:15 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoexoe View Post
Time to add another to the list.
Hahahahaha
Old 07-27-2020, 01:33 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

WAWOT
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20200726_174428.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	166.1 KB
ID:	871655  
Old 07-29-2020, 05:59 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Thanks 10....thought so ;)

For car audio we simply parallel 11 of these cells then series 4 of those 11 cell parallel arrays for a 4s pack that will deliver a continuous 1,625 amperes. These cells can be used for an ebike so quite possibly the the big SPS stator becomes the BLDC powerplant for a Honda "e" racebike. I already have the project bike. A fireblade CBR 900 RR. Like the attachment. A bike much lighter than the others in its time. For the hobby application we will use the cells for a rhobust bench battery.

Regards
Hubert
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	900.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	872013  

Last edited by 1BOHO; 07-29-2020 at 06:10 AM..
Old 07-29-2020, 06:17 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well I read the first post and then the start of the second. After that I looked at the pictures skipping to the end to see if there is a punchline or reply from OP.
Beserkr likes this.
Old 07-29-2020, 12:03 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy from Sandy View Post
Well I read the first post and then the start of the second. After that I looked at the pictures skipping to the end to see if there is a punchline or reply from OP.
Nope and now we are talking about car audio and motorbikes. I'm lost.
Old 07-29-2020, 03:11 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Youre not lost if you can read. I dont have anything to do with the op. Pinging for drama with people I dont know and that dont know me wont happen. I dont know what kind of person does this drama seeking but I don't and have better more positive things to do like develop power sources for e bikes and test benches, wind motors, and build models. So u need to address the op this is his thread about his purpose not me. Dont act silly when you know you would not let a thread like this if it was about YOU stand alone.

There wont be any punchline about the things I do because they are shown and not just written theory across forums Sorry you seek dramatic punchlines but I have no plan to entertain you that way so you could always add me to a list if you expect a bunch of back n forth with him. You may initiate some if youd like and he may oblige you but ignorance isn't my thing. I dont need to do it. All I need to do is show me. I have things that are animate and can be shown so I have no need to sit here and argue theory with people at keyboards on the regular on every forum everywhere that have done nothing but talk for the last 10 years . Not to mention the PUNCHLINE HAS NO MEAT when a person that know the theories and motors would truly have no reason to argue with things they have been exposed to just as I. Especially since they already told you it works the same way. It would be really counterproductive to say too much bad as they have already posted a world of praise for me. All I have to do is allow them to fight with their own words. That's really simple to understand for me. I have always told them to their face about the issues I have
with them and its never faltered. This mean never need to start a thread exclusively for peoples affinity for drama because I have a way to lock the nonsense out of my own threads. His pupose is to tear apart the forum if they won't exact his will which is to allow him to talk about me but me not to be able to say anything back. If you cannot tell that youve been invaded by ops for vendors outside the vendor section of this forum thats on you. I wont talk any more ever about Lehner or Scorpion in terms of whats better because the new motor winds will apply to all types and brands of motors so it stupid to argue a brand. I have an Align running very well. So why would I do this. Its nonsense just like the thread.

U c an always ask it be locked but I dont hit report buttons because I can hold my own in any debate if it stays technical. Plus if im wrong its just easy to say so for me. Im falible.....

For high end I can easily wind Xnova, NEU, and Egodrift and they will compete with anything out there as they have been and doing just fine. Besides "they" more than anyone let me know that an American belongs on a American forum not theirs. That's a fact jack but you can always go sign up with them if you believe that's where its at. Friendly discussion....HA you just do not know....

LOL what a friend at post 1

Have a good Day

Last edited by 1BOHO; 07-29-2020 at 03:51 PM..
Old 07-29-2020, 03:27 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by blarks View Post
Nope and now we are talking about car audio and motorbikes. I'm lost.
He’s like the next grey eagle
Beserkr likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in