Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mSR X

mSR X Blade Micro SRX Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2019, 08:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Long Delay, maybe a comeback

So after about 2+ years out of the hobby I took out this little gem on Wednesday to see if it worked.

All-in-all it was great. I had 3 batteries. Two need some conditioning, the third gave me a full flight.

I did take a hard hit (rusty) and busted one of the ball links on the swash plate. New plate should be here soon.

Anyone else out there still getting use out of this oldie but goodie?
nmsuman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2019, 05:12 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just got one second hand, can't wait for it to get here to give it a go!
gionir is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2019, 07:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Out at it again.

Repaired the broken swash plate from last time and set out to see what batteries are good, and not so good.

Total of about 7-8 min through two (2) batteries. One was a clear stressed battery but not puffed. Maybe it comes back a bit with some careful slow battery care.

The other came down with voltage to spare.

Son got out and flew Night Vapor. He now understands why papa enjoys the hobby.
Old 09-11-2019, 01:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

So I finally received my used Msr-X.
I had a couple of batteries laying around from my msr years, back in 2011. The Hyperion 160 were dead, but the Xtreme 200 are as new, after being in storage for 8 years...

After five flights though I snapped the tail motor cap and I am grounded until the tiny whoop motors I ordered arrive from China...

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 09-11-2019, 08:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's great, I had mine up in the air real quick tonight for about half a battery. That's when the rain started and I had to retire early.

I am still impressed at how fun this little chopper can be. It is resilient in crashes and responsive in the air.

Luckily I have about 2-4 180mah batteries that are making the grade.

Thankfully I have a small collection of repair parts to keep it running for a while. Might look into increasing that supply a tad.
Old 09-12-2019, 02:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmsuman View Post
That's great, I had mine up in the air real quick tonight for about half a battery. That's when the rain started and I had to retire early.

I am still impressed at how fun this little chopper can be. It is resilient in crashes and responsive in the air.

Luckily I have about 2-4 180mah batteries that are making the grade.

Thankfully I have a small collection of repair parts to keep it running for a while. Might look into increasing that supply a tad.

So you are flying outside? Kudos! It is really a good heli but she really is a handful to fly compared to other helis the same size.
To be honest my main micro is a k110, which is like comparing apples and oranges, but is way easier to fly than the Msr-X.

While I was on AliExpress I also ordered some main motors, for about $0,80 each. If they work...it is going to be awesome!
Old 09-12-2019, 09:09 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would agree that when I first started flying the MSRx it was a challenge. But now after almost 10hrs of flight time according to my tracker it's less of a challenge. It's almost double the stick time of my 120SR and V911.

I still stick it in the grass from time to time. Biggest thing for outdoor flying is waiting until evening when wind is calm to get it out.

I notice that if it is windy and/or gets to going to quickly it will descend or ascend. Either baed on air/wind changes or character of the heli.

The Tx Settings that I got I found years ago made a big positive difference as well.
Old 07-01-2020, 11:24 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Been getting back at it again.

I have had the MSRx, V911, and 120SR out in the last 4 weeks.

Even had the MCPx Bl up in a hover for about 10sec after replacing the cracked tail boom from 2015. It came back down in disassembled but not broken fashion.

Hopefully will get some more Stck time in the next few days over the 4th of July.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in