Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Jeti Duplex Radio Systems

Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Support

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rabid121

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2020, 02:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Jeti Gimbals

I was wondering if anyone has ever experienced any problems or had any issues with the gimbals in Jeti tx. I had an issue this weekend during my first flight which resulted in the total destruction of a NX7 . I don't believe it was a radio issue, but would like to cover all basis. I was flying a slow circuit just after take off and the helicopter went into full negative pitch with no input from myself. I tried to regain control of the machine with a positive collective input, the machine responded for no more than 2 to 3 seconds and then immediately returned to full negative collective consequently hitting the ground. There was no roll or pitch involved. I did a range check and there were no issues, also simulated a signal loss by shutting the down the transmitter and on one occasion removing the x-bus to the FBL, and on both occasions it just went into fail-safe. Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
meb882 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2020, 03:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

More likely a servo fault, or servo horn slipping. If one servo drops, the model doesn't tip as you might expect since the FBL detects that and actively fights the tipping, however the only way it can achieve that is to drop the other two servos in a similar way. So a problem with any one cyclic servo can result in a sudden and uncommanded collective response.

While a radio issue is possible, it's a far rarer failure mode, and I would recommend checking all your cyclic servos first. Check to see that they move smoothly across the whole range, that servo arms can't slip at all, and that you have no lose wires, or wires getting worn on a frame edge.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
myxiplx is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2020, 04:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I’d say look at the Stick inputs on the radio. (System -> View Inputs) as long as that looks right, the it’s very likely not to be the radio. The reality is that if the gremlin that caused the stick input error will still be living there.

I’m new to Jeti but I think I saw a way to record the radio inputs to a log. Any chance you were using this?

It does sound like a mechanical failure. Not familiar with the NX7. Sounds like the main shaft was slipping up.
Old 08-24-2020, 07:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thank you for the input, I checked the cyclic servos and I have one that is chattering around center. None are stripped but the cyclic servo on the right side of the machine as I approach center will move around center a little before locking in. If this could cause the problem, and I can see how the FBL would compensate for a drop, then this could very easily be the problem. I did go into the system section of the radio, and the gimbals are tracking perfectly. I wish I has logged the flight on the radio, and will look into doing that on future flights.

Thank you
meb882 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2020, 12:24 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

.... just log the sticks! i've destroyed a heli last week due to a servo failure... lost control in flight. with the stick inputs log i was able to be sure the dead servo was cause and not result of the crash... helps a lot
Old 08-25-2020, 12:45 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

How do you log the stick input?
BuildFlyCrashRepeat is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2020, 12:54 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Timers/Sensors => Sensors/Logging Setup => Transmitter Status Info... you can log up to 4 controls here. be sure to set them to proportional
Old 08-25-2020, 05:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Possible failsafe? Can you go back and check receiver telemetry on your flight logs from the "event" flight?

Mike

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in