Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics > 2.4G Spektrum Radios

2.4G Spektrum Radios Spektrum 2.4 Gigahertz Radios and Technology

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2016, 06:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Dx9 orange light flicker & partial self power up

Hi all,
As the title, the orange power light has randomly started to flicker with the screen partially becoming active .Tx power switch is off.

Last year i had a very similar issue so i sent the Dx9 to HH, they replaced the Led screen but said the orange light flicker maybe due to cold weather as no faults found !!!

I haven't used my Dx9 the last 2 months whilst away overseas at work, on my return to home, i switched the Tx to On & found it would not power up, it was dead.
It took a long time to charge but, the Tx powered up ok and shows 8.1v.

During the day i noticed the orange light again, randomly flickering with the Led screen attempting to become active, the dx9 is trying to self power up, power switch is off.

Has anyone had any similar issues?

I will send to HH but what bad timing, i am on leave for 3 weeks and want to fly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2016, 03:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Sounds a lot like a faulty power switch which in the off position still has intermittent connection, enough to just power on the Tx before it shuts off again. I don't think it is safe to fly as it is, cause you can't guarantee that the switch is faulty only on the off side. My suggestion is to send it out to HH and don't attempt to fly. It will be a really bad day if the Tx randomly starts rebooting during flying.

As a last resort, you can maybe try to open it up and reseat any connectors that may have worked themselves loose.
Blade 450X
Heli.Maniac is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2016, 04:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by berley114 View Post
Hi all,
As the title, the orange power light has randomly started to flicker with the screen partially becoming active .Tx power switch is off.

Last year i had a very similar issue so i sent the Dx9 to HH, they replaced the Led screen but said the orange light flicker maybe due to cold weather as no faults found !!!

I haven't used my Dx9 the last 2 months whilst away overseas at work, on my return to home, i switched the Tx to On & found it would not power up, it was dead.
It took a long time to charge but, the Tx powered up ok and shows 8.1v.

During the day i noticed the orange light again, randomly flickering with the Led screen attempting to become active, the dx9 is trying to self power up, power switch is off.

Has anyone had any similar issues?

I will send to HH but what bad timing, i am on leave for 3 weeks and want to fly.
I'm almost positive I recently read about someone else on the forum having that exact issue with a dx9. I think it may have been in a thread discussing the gimbal springs breaking. Can't recall what sub section that was though.
slogoat is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2016, 05:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by berley114 View Post
Hi all,
You could try using a little bit of "air in a can" and spray the switch down. If you can access both sides, spray from the face side first. Then the back side second. Possible foreign material not letting the switch open properly. Do Not use compressor air. Not only is the pressure to strong. But the air could contain condensate water or pump lubricants.
Old 02-25-2016, 06:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks all for the replies,
I did fly x6 packs with my 270cfx today with no issues but, this evening whilst the Tx was switched off, it suddenly partially turned on and the voice activated too.
I have a feeling it is something to do with the trainer phono connector, I've only used the trainer port in the past for the phoenix dongle but recall someone reporting a similar issue with that connector.
Anyway its got worse in that my Tx has now become partially On and will not go off without the lipo disconnected. power switch is off.
Thats my flying over for the time being, my Dx6 is in my place of work (Nigeria)HH have a three week turn around on repairs.
Old 02-25-2016, 09:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sure sounds like the power switch, shoot some high end, plastic safe contact cleaner into that switch.

Steve
Old 07-26-2020, 05:53 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here we go again, my DX9 is the same, trying to power on when switch mechanically off??
AND have just had the main board replaced as a fix to exact same thing??
Gyromad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2020, 11:51 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi, I have just found that my DX9 is doing exactly what is described above.
Have you found any solution to this problem yet. I wrote an email to HH nut they have not answered.
Goran R is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in