Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > HELI-X Flight Sim

HELI-X Flight Sim HELI-X Flight Sim for Mac, Windows, Linux

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Johnny31297
  • 1 Post By Johnny31297
  • 1 Post By ah_liang
  • 2 Post By jholen

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2020, 04:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
HEL
Registered Users

Default Comparison

Who compared "HELI-X" with "neXt"? The difference in physics is very different? What will be more interesting?
HEL is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2020, 05:31 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

OK, i just got Heli-X today but have had Realflight, Next and AccuRC too.

For physics, RF -> Heli-X -> NeXt -> AccuRC
NeXt and AccuRC be tough fight but both are not to expectations, NeXt is too robotic and AccuRC is too mushy.

For models, AccuRC/NeXt -> Heli-X -> Realflight
If you want the latest model, both NeXt and AccuRC are the best.

Out of the 4, my choice will be Heli-X as of today..
Old 05-03-2020, 09:49 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ah_liang View Post
AccuRC is too mushy.
Drop us an email at support[at]accurc[dot]com and we'll help you put AccuRC at the front of your list, where it belongs. Probably just a couple settings to tune.
Ade_Law likes this.
Johnny31297 is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2020, 02:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
HEL
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny31297 View Post
Drop us an email at support[at]accurc[dot]com and we'll help you put AccuRC at the front of your list, where it belongs. Probably just a couple settings to tune.
Write settings here
Old 05-03-2020, 02:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
HEL
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny31297 View Post
Write the settings here or send in a personal
Old 05-03-2020, 04:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEL View Post
Who compared "HELI-X" with "neXt"? The difference in physics is very different? What will be more interesting?
I just tried heli-x recently. Here's the deal for me with the "STOCK" configuration Heli-X is mushy, mind you with Next there are flight profiles just like Accurc there are flight profiles. I got mine set to 3D on Accurc. None of them will fly the way you want unless you customised your heli model. You must customise your heli model.

Out of the three I would choose the Steam Accurc simulator, as I find the graphics more realistic. On top of that there is always free updates which means more heli models.

I think the developer of Heli-X has lost his motivation to make more heli models going by the Heli-X forum

In the end it's my 2 cents, perhaps may be try them all and see which one is for you. But I highly recommend that you spend as much time on the sim to learn how to customise your heli models.

Accurc Stock (0 min 31 sec)

Heli X Stock (0 min 58 sec)
Old 05-03-2020, 06:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Can u share the settings or adjustment here? There are others who need this, my feedback is not alone.

For AccuRC, I had recently adjusted blade slap sensitivity to zero. Not sure what it does but felt better. For me to get the harder stop ‘feel’, I flew most model at 2500 rpm. I have tried adjusting the pitch curve and it improves a bit. Flying with above changes is like flying my real XLpower Spector at 2000rpm, and not close enuf yet.

For Heli-X, default setting is not good enough. But I just increase the HS to about 2100 rpm, adjust D/R and expo and it is already closest to Realflight.
Old 05-03-2020, 07:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Can u share the settings or adjustment here? There are others who need this, my feedback is not alone.

For AccuRC, I had recently adjusted blade slap sensitivity to zero. Not sure what it does but felt better. For me to get the harder stop ‘feel’, I flew most model at 2500 rpm. I have tried adjusting the pitch curve and it improves a bit. Flying with above changes is like flying my real XLpower Spector at 2000rpm, and not close enuf yet.

For Heli-X, default setting is not good enough. But I just increase the HS to about 2100 rpm, adjust D/R and expo and it is already closest to Realflight.
The settings I'm using in those videos are all Stock settings for Accurc(Flybarless Mode: 3D) and Heli-X(corona edition). I haven't modified anything to the heli models.

When I first started with the Next Simulator, it took me ages to customise the heli model to the way I wanted. I tried other people's settings but it wasn't the same as my real life heli. But I persisted for several months trying to learn how to customise my heli and after several months or heaps of hours of configuring and testing. I finally got the settings that I wanted.

Your real life heli model may be different to other people's real life heli models as they have different setup/electronics/main blades etc. So asking someone their custom sim heli config, will probably give you a different feel, that's good and bad in a way cause that will teach your brain how to fly different helis other than to your own. The bad part is it will take some time for your brain to adjust to it.

Keep practising and Good luck

Last edited by gimbleguy; 05-03-2020 at 07:15 PM..
gimbleguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2020, 07:31 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm really liking AccuRC, and the more engagement from them I see trying to make it better the more I like it. I have RF 4.5, 7 and 9. Phoenix crashed on my last computer so I gave up.
RustyChain is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2020, 11:36 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Agreed on NeXt, that's why it is not in my go-to SIM. Anyone can come here to offer an opinion, there is no right or wrong. For those come here to read up then make a choice before spending money, there is still a risk that it is not for you.
Old 05-04-2020, 06:47 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
No, changing Blade Slap Sensitivity only alters the threshold at which AOA the blade slap starts fading in. It doesn't change the physics.

To increase collective hardness, you can increase air pressure and lower temperature in flight mode weather settings. We offer it as a global option for people to adjust the sim's "grip" to their liking, as we all fly in different atmospheres and helis will feel different depending on how dense the air is around you.
ah_liang likes this.
Johnny31297 is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2020, 08:34 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

it is better now
Johnny31297 likes this.
Old 05-18-2020, 04:42 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbleguy View Post
I think the developer of Heli-X has lost his motivation to make more heli models going by the Heli-X forum
Did you actually look at or even update the models in Heli-X itself?? There are plenty of new models and more are added frequently (all for free). Recently the focus was on adding plane models since the new version also supports planks and on providing a free Corona version. But still new helis were added and more are scheduled with the new version sometime soon.

Btw guys: AccuRC tweaking should go to the respective sub-forum.
- DJI F450 pro
(NazaV2/GPS, SunnySky 2212, MWC Light, GoPro 2 BL gimbal)
- Blade mCPX,
Futaba T8FGs, Heli-X Sim
Rebel10 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2020, 01:41 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question

This thread seems the right place to get some new advices about the right simulator to buy.

What is the comparison status today ?

I have only macOS computer at home ...

Then NeXT vs AccuRC vs Heli-X9 vs ... ?

I just tested Heli-X9 and NeXT simu, downloading demo of AccuRC on Steam

But as a newbie, good advices are welcome

Cheers
Hebus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2020, 05:14 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's going to come down to your preference.

I know that isn't the answer you're looking for, heck, I'm browsing this forum looking for the same answer. Sadly, you just won't find it. I'm getting back into the hobby after 10+ years away. At that time, I had settled on Aerofly for planks and was just getting into helis. Phoenix was touted as the end all be all for helis at that stage, but these days it has faded due to lack of support.

From my first impression, I preferred Heli-X to either neXt or AccuRC. But I'm still comparing all three as my testing continues.
wab223 and heli23 like this.
jholen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2020, 01:59 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Testing continues... based on some of the training plans here on the forums, I had considered Heli-X as my preference, and primarily because of the hover training aspect which can control collective/rudder. However, turning off the blade disc blur mode on AccuRC just feels excellent.

I'm really leaning toward it, and not to mention it is cheaper and sounds as though an update is on the horizon. It's a tough one, pretty much eliminated neXt, just too hard to get a good feel for it with a 2 minute cap on demo time. The pre-included training recordings looks awesome, but in the demo doesn't seem you can really access them.

Ugh.. could see myself possibly ending up with both Heli-X and AccuRC. Funds limitied so testing continues.
jholen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2020, 05:19 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jholen View Post
Testing continues... based on some of the training plans here on the forums, I had considered Heli-X as my preference, and primarily because of the hover training aspect which can control collective/rudder. However, turning off the blade disc blur mode on AccuRC just feels excellent.

I'm really leaning toward it, and not to mention it is cheaper and sounds as though an update is on the horizon. It's a tough one, pretty much eliminated neXt, just too hard to get a good feel for it with a 2 minute cap on demo time. The pre-included training recordings looks awesome, but in the demo doesn't seem you can really access them.

Ugh.. could see myself possibly ending up with both Heli-X and AccuRC. Funds limitied so testing continues.
Hi,

Well my testing ended to choose AccuRC, I found the support pretty nice on the Discord channel, it haves some glitches but now I succeed to master its UI and the feelings are good even if I Heli-X is pretty good 🙂 but UI wise it feels better and I like the way we can configure some function on the TX to mimic the real life.

Pretty graphics resources hungry.

For the training I agrée that Heli-X is very good but the AccuRC is pretty tough on this side also. To get the heli spinning automatically you can play with the rudder trim on the TX though.

Cheers
AccuRC
Hebus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in