Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Jeti Duplex Radio Systems

Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Support

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2020, 02:18 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Brain/Ikon original and 2, Spartan vx1e, Skookum 720 black via UDI, and Spirit Rs.

All operate well.

Integration with Ikon 2, spartan vx1e and Spirit. Integration is more polished with spirit with the ability to run the setup wizards from the transmitter.
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2020, 04:47 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

So you are switching away from Jeti too?
No integration with Jeti to CGY760R that I am aware of? Connecting a box at the field is not fun at all.
Old 09-29-2020, 12:39 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have now or have used the following with my Jeti’s.

Brain2/Ikon2
Brain/Ikon
Spirit RS
Axon
3Digi
CGY750
CGY760
VBar 5.3

My current preference is for the Brain2, Spirit and Axon. The Axon electric governor is not very good, so a small minus Mark there.

The 3digi has good integration and telemetry but the firmware is not as refined, but you can’t beat it for the price.

CGY’s and Vbar have no integration or telemetry so while they fly very well, I would suggest the other options first as integration and telemetry are really strong features and part of what make the Jeti a great system. The reason I have the CGY’s is because of F3C competition where it is the top option and the Vbar’s I have removed off all my helis now because they killed the BT phone support.

//Dennis.
Thunder Fighter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2020, 01:43 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ikon/Brain 2 on all my helis, it works fantastic and the integration is great too.
Old 10-04-2020, 02:16 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ikon 2 and Spirit here. I’ve also run the Axon and Neo on my Jetis. Spirit would be my 100% go to if the governor was consistent with nitro and gas helis. Unfortunately it just isn’t. When it works it’s great, but it’s unpredictable and sometimes just refuses to engage at all. Flying wise it’s great, and an external gov can be used if I wanted more stuff hanging off my heli. Axon flies OK (although Ilike the feel the least of all the FBL out there) with perfect rescue but the gov has an strange setup and just doesn’t work very well on gas and nitro. Neo flies, governs, and rescues flawlessly, but no integration is a deal breaker for me. Ikon2 just has the least issues. Gov always works perfectly on every heli, rescue is spotty, but overall flight character is good.
Eury is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2020, 06:59 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Which flybarless system are you running?

I have been following this thread with interest. I am about to begin a build of a Vario Schweizer 1:5 gassers and am looking for a FBL gyro.

My other helis have Spartan VX1e’s and they work great even though they dont have rescue. Not worried about that as I dont fly 3D but fly very scale.

The Gov on gasser is an interesting feature but from what I have experienced the current FBL are good with Electric mainly and a bit hit and miss with Nitro Gasser setups.

Not too fussed about this as I have ready to go a GY701 gov only with Stator Gator so that will sort that part out. The only thing it that there is no integration with Jeti on the GY.

The main thing im looking for is the integration.

Ive tried an Axon couple of times and not blown away with it for the money. The Gov is. a mad setup and is a little hit and miss but when it engages its is great.

free to hear thoughts

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by pierredelica; 10-04-2020 at 09:11 AM..
pierredelica is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2020, 10:29 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Started with Spirit Pro, now using Ikon 2, great integration & EX Bus support on them.
Medic33 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2020, 11:53 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Started with MicroBeast Pro and now using Spirit Pro with Geolink on 470LM
stefaanbolle is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2020, 12:27 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

3 x Spirit, 2 x Spirit Pro, 1 x Spirit 2
torpicaltrail is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2020, 02:38 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi
Is it possible to use A Futaba CGU760R with Jeti?? There are CGY760R including a receiver, another version without receiver exist?
Thanks
Eric
Eric38 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2020, 03:34 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric38 View Post
Hi
Is it possible to use A Futaba CGU760R with Jeti?? There are CGY760R including a receiver, another version without receiver exist?
Thanks
Eric
Yes, I have a 760 working with a Jeti running Sbus. There was an update to the original CGY firmware that lets you disable the inbuilt Rx and then you can supply Sbus to it. The CGY755 is the new version without an Rx, so that would be a better choice for a Jeti user now, but it wasn’t around when I brought mine.

//Dennis.
Thunder Fighter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2020, 03:40 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi, thanks a lot for this reply!!
Good flights
Eric38 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2020, 08:29 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

All Spirits
Old 11-19-2020, 01:27 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Spirits me too. Incredible user support from the company!
stefaanbolle is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2020, 07:00 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Still running some BD and Axon on «*older*», meaning flying for a while, models but all Spirit and Spirit RS on newer modes now.

Great integration with my Jeti, great support too here and on the dedicated Spirit forum.
Old 11-22-2020, 10:29 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just for my input. Ive always used Spartan VX1e. Now that they are almost not available I tried a Spirit 2. I was looking at a Spirit RS but still not available so went for Spirit 2.

What I have found interesting is that I have installed it in a scale gasser and using Jeti ExBus for control. Using a Rex 3 receiver I thought I would have a play around and see if I could have one output Exbus for Spirit and the other output SBus for Gy701 governor. Set this up an it worked perfectly. Setup SBus on 701 and all works a treat.

Im wondering how many telemetry inputs the RS has and are there free E ports that can be configured to different protocols.
pierredelica is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2020, 04:48 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierredelica View Post
Im wondering how many telemetry inputs the RS has and are there free E ports that can be configured to different protocols.
Hi,

the Sat(1) port can be used for ESCs supported by Spirit directly. there are 2 additional ports available on Spirit RS: E1 and EXT... so it is +/- the same as using a Spirit 2 with Rex3 - one E-port is used for Spirit itself. just less cabling

Ciao
Michael

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in