Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Spirit FBL system

Spirit FBL system Spirit FBL System Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2020, 07:41 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default heli does not stay level during piro maneuvers when using stabilization

When i am flying with no stabilization, piros are all smooth in any direction or heading, however when I engage stabilization and give rudder commands, the heli begins to pitch up at a particular heading (regardless of the position of the heli).

The swash is perfectly level, and the Spirit is level with the heli, and mounted to provide good vibration isolation. The heli is also balanced out, with CoG right in the center at the main shaft. im not sure what would be causing this issue, but it makes stabilization unusable.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2020, 05:33 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

OK, I know this is a simple question but when you initialize the heli (power on) you have it on a level surface and donít touch it until the blades twitches the double sequence to let you know it is done, right?

You already mentioned that the swash is level (mechanically set I hope) and that the blade pitch is zero for both blade as measure over the boom after swash leveling?

Other than that you should be good to go.
If this is a new unit maybe something is defective and you should talk to Thomas.

I have done all kinds of testing on rescue and stabilization and have not seen this problem ....actually can you check at tell me what mode you are using?
Stabilization or Rescue
Normal or Acro
Old 09-27-2020, 10:51 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I absolutely make sure the heli is level and untouched until startup is complete.

The swash has been perfectly zeroíd out using the specific swash leveling tool for my particular heli, and blades are both zeroíd out in tandem with the level swash.

The issue only occurs when stabilization is active, and I have tried this on Coaxial, normal, and scale stabilization.

The heli has flown fine with the previous non-spirit FBL I was using, so Iím doubtful the issue is mechanical.

The issue only arises when stabilization is activated. During traditional non-stabilized flight, the heli flies fine. Whatís most odd is that the direction of the pitch-up sticks to a particular heading. So if I start nose out and activate stabilization, the heli pitches nose up, but if I were then to yaw 180 degrees, the heli would pitch tail up. If the pitch up were in a fixed position on the heli (always pitches to the right regardless of heading), i would be more inclined to think its a setup or mechanical issue with a non-level swash, but the fact that the pitch follows a heading and not an orientation tells me its happening inside the FBL.

Iím picking up a Spirit RS in the hopes that the issue is isolated to the one Spirit 2 I was using.
Old 09-27-2020, 03:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

just curious: what's the results on vibration (spektrum) analyse on different axes? did you try calibration?
Old 09-28-2020, 06:04 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Imprecise Rescue - Spirit System Manual

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in