Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Spektrum FBL System > Spektrum FC6250HX

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By vertico
  • 1 Post By Keyrigger

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2020, 08:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default FC6250HX + Gov + SRXL2

Anyone know what ESC brands can be governed by the FBL without sacrificing the SRXL2 telemetry? Thanks
Ken Here is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2020, 07:36 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

The 6250hx currently does not have governor functionality however itís been said that itís possible it will in the future.

Also FWIW the 6250hx works like magic with the Avian ESCs. Full telemetry is auto enabled with SRXL2, no extra wires or manual setup.
The Avian gov works very well.
Cra-Z-1 likes this.
vertico is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2020, 07:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Appreciate the feedback. Don't own one yet still learning about it. Thanks.
Old 11-09-2020, 08:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertico View Post
The 6250hx currently does not have governor functionality however itís been said that itís possible it will in the future.

Also FWIW the 6250hx works like magic with the Avian ESCs. Full telemetry is auto enabled with SRXL2, no extra wires or manual setup.
The Avian gov works very well.
Indeed it does. The setup is really quite fantastic! I'm using a Scorpion Backup Guard II with the setup also and it all plays very well.
Cra-Z-1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2020, 09:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
HF Scale Support

I am having a bit of difficulty in getting the telemetry box to connect to the PC program to use it to set the governor. I set it the old fashioned way by picking a flat line throttle and then measuring the actual speed with a tach. When I set the poles and the gear ratio in the ESC, the output was on the screen and it matched what I read with the tach. Now to trace the resonance wobble I am getting. It could be a tiny bend in the shaft as it is three inches longer than stock. Once I got the hang of stick programming, it wasn't bad at all but it made me crazy as I didn't have a straight -100 to +100 throttle to use the sticks to enter programming mode, lol. Now, with the box, that is easy. Maybe we will be able to use Forward Programming to set the ESC like we can set the FC6250HX. I have just begun to work with the telemetry I am receiving from that helicopter. Take care.

Don
Bluebell likes this.
Keyrigger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2020, 11:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Don,
Iím a bit confused with what you are trying to accomplish? Once you use the program box to storegov you power on the esc with max throttle then drop it to minimum throttle then switch to an idle up that has 50% throttle. When it hits the top headspeed wait 12 seconds and then hit hold on power off the heli.

The instruction manual does not mention this procedure but jt is the correct procedure to setup gov store on the avian. If you need more detailed instructions feel free to let me know and i can DM you a guide I wrote in another section on how to setup gov store.
vertico is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2020, 07:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
HF Scale Support

Well, I had great success programming the ESC and it is fully functional. What I was not able to do was to connect the ESC to the computer as it failed in the attempt to upgrade the ESC firmware. I was flying that helicopter tonight and simply made a change to the throttle flat line and then read out the rpm from the telemetry screen. Had I been able to use the computer, I would have been able to work out what percentage of the throttle signal was needed for any given rpm I wished to try. I was chasing down a resonance and the easiest way was to find out when it started (at 1090rpm) and when it settled down (1425rpm). It is happy as a clam at rpm setting higher than 1425 so now I know that it is most likely dampeners that are too hard.

I have had a number of years with Castle and their governor and I am all over setting three throttle points. I really appreciate your offer for help but in the issue I am having, the help techs at Horizon don't have an answer and need to run this issue up the chain of command to get to the bottom of it. In the meantime, I'm really happy with the performance. I had no problems at all with the 50% throttle/0 degrees pitch/12-15 seconds run time. That was a breeze. Take care.

Don
Old 11-10-2020, 07:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

does the FX6250HX have vibration analysis? i could not find mention of it in the manual or thanks https://spektrumrc.com/Products/Defa...ID=SPMFC6250HX
Old 11-10-2020, 10:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
HF Scale Support

No, it doesn't have it. I have been very fortunate that I have only once had to track down the cause of vibrations in one of my helicopters as it shut off the GPS and self-levelling in a Skookum gyro.

I have had no issues with two 6250 systems and they couldn't be much further apart than a scale low rpm helicopter and a mid range rpm F3C helicopter. I have so many extra gyros laying around that I could put one of my vibration logging gyros in any of my helicopters, supply it with power, and it will log the flight. Take care.

Don
Old 11-10-2020, 10:12 PM   #10 (permalink)
HF Scale Support

I have traced the cause of the problems with the Avian ESC and not being able to connect to the computer. The Smart Link program does not look for the latest version, you need to find it and download it, first, before you can update the ESC direct from the computer. One I had the latest version, everything updated and away I went. However, I nee to do the calibration ground runup again as the gyro was also updated and returned to the default programming. All set to fly the next time and the 50% throttle and 0 degree pitch is ready. Take care.

Don

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in