Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters

450 Class Electric Helicopters 450 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2020, 05:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default FPV 450 Build

So, I can't fly helicopters LOS really. I can tail-in hover, but that's literally about the extent of my skill level. And I'm just too damn nervous and not rich enough to be crashing the things left and right learning to fly with the nose in, let alone anything else.

Besides that, it's always been a dream of mine to FPV a helicopter. I've finally managed to achieve this, even in light of the FPV game having moved completely in the direction of quads.

Here's a very brief build log

A short hover test (before I had the FPV equipment mounted).

And a pretty badly shot flight video.

I'm still working on perfecting how it flies, kinda learning as I go along here. I love hearing advice and suggestions, and I've even got a thread going over it, for a breakdown of the specific issues I'm running into.

Thanks!
PancakeMSTR is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2020, 05:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I applaud your wiring and straight forward fixture designs! Is it possible to capture the FPV video stream to show us the flights from your vantage point?
stormd1ve is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2020, 01:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for the compliments. I've even improved the fixtures since doing the build: https://imgur.com/a/rlRCPkJ

Short version: Not at the moment, but stay tuned - I'm doing another one.

Long version: I went cheap on the FPV side for this build, all analog and $45 Emax Transporter goggles, without any way to record the footage.

As an experiment, I consider it to have been mostly a success, and since upgraded to a DJI digital system, which has full recording capabilities.

Unfortunately, the 450 decided to take a dump on me and is for some unknown reason unflyable due to vibration issues. I'm stripping it in lieu of a new helicopter, the parts for which are on the way.

I'll do a build thread for the new heli soon, I'll link the thread here, so keep an eye out!
Old 12-04-2020, 09:42 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I've started a build log for the 380: https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...09#post8204209

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in