Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > SAB Goblin 630/700/770

SAB Goblin 630/700/770 SAB Heli Division 630/700/770 - Goblin Helicopters Factory Support

Like Tree18Likes
  • 3 Post By rachel
  • 2 Post By Smoggie
  • 2 Post By blkdout
  • 1 Post By rachel
  • 2 Post By fiddle
  • 1 Post By swash-addict
  • 2 Post By Smoggie
  • 1 Post By Smoggie
  • 4 Post By cjm180
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2021, 02:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Kraken 700 v2

Hi guys I bet that got your attention So not exactly a V2 but as normal with SAB , A continual development ..... I have just built my first Kraken 700 and its a Brand new late December 2020 model and its been developed..... How you ask ????

Weeeellllllllllllllllllllllllllll In line with The Kraken 580 and the new Raw , the enclosed gearbox ( transmission ) now has helical gears ,... why you ask ................. simples less vibration :-)
so all you microbeast v5 owners and other such (non Vbar) users wont have to worry too much about high frequency vibes..... Of course there is a down side,... slight power loss as helical gears use a fraction more power and its quieter as well .

The parts are backwards compatible so if you want the smooooooothest Kracken on da block you need these .... enjoy xxx

K1 gear set H1364-s K2 gear set H1367-s sorry no idea of price or availability yet .....
Before you ask you don't get the top gearbox case with the replaceable upper main shaft bearing ( without splitting the gearbox.... but maybe it will fit too.

Btw seen on the news latley quite alot about your Country and its not Capitol It's Capital ok hahahahaha love you all
ragge1, JimJW and remheli like this.
rachel is offline        Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2021, 03:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

This is a good development, I'd heard about it but not heard from anyone that actually had one. Lots of Vbar Neo users had problems with vibrations too, in fact most of the reports of problems I've seen were from Neo users.

Regarding the power loss.. there is no additional power loss from helical gears. They are just as efficient as straight cut gears. In fact as the noise and vibration is actual wasted energy, the quieter running helical cut gears are often more efficient.. But difference is too small to be significant, the reduction in noise and vibration is the big advantage.

The only mystery is why SAB didnt use helical gears in the first place.
ragge1 and JimJW like this.
Old 01-15-2021, 10:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah, just wanted to point out itís more about efficiency. Probably doesnít make a noticeable difference other than sound at our scale though.

Also this
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Capitol
rachel and motoxxxman like this.
Old 01-16-2021, 05:20 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hahahahaha
blkdout likes this.
Old 01-16-2021, 06:58 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I take it you're British? There are other spelling differences too. I'm sure this isn't an all inclusive chart.

rachel and bikneli like this.
SAB Goblin 500 Sport
fiddle is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2021, 04:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

This brings up the point - will there be a V2 Kraken, or just mild update of parts? It seems with all the new models from SAB, I wouldn't expect to see a V2 anything.....just completely new versions?

-Ideals are peaceful - history is violent.
Skeezix is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2021, 04:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Enrico said they would continue to improve the Kraken line. Does that mean a "V2"? I don't think it really matters.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
jrman83 is online now        Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2021, 12:04 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I wonder if they will make the Kraken 700 with the new gear box from the Raw/Urukay (similar to the 580, with the tail output sharing the input shaft) so all models will share the same parts?
mpafonseca is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2021, 09:31 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't think so as this would require a longer tail belt and a guide roller ( tension indicator) but never say never , The bit I like about SAB is they don't put out something without good reason . x
Old 01-21-2021, 08:14 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

If there’s a new variant anytime soon it would make sense to drop the RAW gearbox into the Kraken and call it v2... or whatever.

It would also be interesting to see if they could improve the tail as one piece like the RAW. Maybe have to change the carbon mold for that.
Old 01-21-2021, 09:24 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Iíve looked at both my kraken 700s
Nitro and electric

To me , it looks like the Raw transmission though looks to be same bolt pattern on frames, wonít work with current kraken frame setup.
The boom would need to be lowered.
As it is with tail belt pulley is close to rubbing boom near the front.
Raw tail pulley on same shaft as drive gear puts it a lot lower than current kraken transmission.
Which is more or less in line with drive pulley.
blkdout likes this.
Old 01-22-2021, 07:41 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

It would be a nice gesture if SAB would make the helical gear upgrade parts available to owners of 'V1' Krakens for a discounted price. Especially those who have had or are having vibration problems. I don't expect a give-away, but is a bit of discount unreasonable?
ragge1 and littledog28 like this.
Old 01-22-2021, 09:53 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I understand where you are coming from,.... but SAB delt with an early issue by redesigning the FBL mounting plate. The new version comes free with the kit, also the "Redesign " was sent out free to all of the "Registered " kits
So If you do have an early kit with the old style plate just email sab your kit number ( the red plate on the gearbox) and they will send you the parts you need.
Now as for the gears well that's not a "Fix " the FBL plate sorted that... its just development because they can. ......
still feel free to contact SAB on [email protected] I find Enrico & Stefano very helpful...
Old 01-22-2021, 11:09 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel View Post
I understand where you are coming from,.... but SAB delt with an early issue by redesigning the FBL mounting plate. The new version comes free with the kit, also the "Redesign " was sent out free to all of the "Registered " kits
I think they have most covered, but see people on fb a few times a month with a persistent issue, despite their attempts to correct. Aren't they on FBL plate #4 now? Personally, didn't have the issue on my Kraken. From a design standpoint, I don't think they thought about what the issue would be by placing the gearbox nearly directly below the FBL. Supposedly the changes to the RAW have corrected those issues by making it less of an issue and the new Kraken should have changes also.

EGODRIFT Team, Lynx/Oxy Field Rep
jrman83 is online now        Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2021, 01:19 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
The new version comes free with the kit, also the "Redesign " was sent out free to all of the "Registered " kits
Not sure where you got that from but my kit is registered and I never received the upgraded FBL mount. I had to buy one with my own money. People still have trouble even with the new (v4 or is it V5?) mount. IMHO It's at best a 'work around' solution and it doesn't work for everyone. The far better solution is to eliminate the vibration at source, which is exactly what they have done with the new gears. Good on SAB, a proper engineered solution to the problem.

As i said, I'm not suggesting a 'give away' here, not even suggesting SAB to lose a single penny on the parts, but bit of a 'good will' discount to registered owners would be a nice gesture. SAB still make money, customers feel happy, everyone wins. The same discount as 'SAB team' members get would do just fine

I'll try the option of the email, thanks for the address, lets see what happens.
littledog28 likes this.

Last edited by Smoggie; 01-22-2021 at 01:38 PM..
Smoggie is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2021, 02:18 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

For sure no harm in asking,... The info was from my memory , and that's getting old and jaded :-)
Old 01-22-2021, 02:37 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
getting old and jaded :-)
Sums me up nicely!
Old 01-22-2021, 02:52 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

I dont see how this is an upgrade or proof of SAB innovating. The kraken was the first 700 class heli from SAB to deviate from helical gears. If anything, the use of straight cut gears was a downgrade and contrary to nearly all other heli manufacturers. In fact prior to you purchasing your first SAB heli in the last 2 years, your previous flavour of helis used double helical gearing.

Considering the helical sets are a direct replacement, clearly the assembly is structurally good enough to take any additional loads. One can only guess the reason for dropping helical gears was cost?

You seem to be pushing SAB very hard, over on FB even more so. Are you an official spokes person for SAB? Team pilot maybe?

I am not having a go in any way or intend no disrespect. But this is a fix to a known vibration issue. An issue that affected Neo's as much as any other FBL unit. It was amazing this issue was not picked up in testing as the issue was highlighted almost immediately after launch / first batch was shipped. To my knowledge SAB are on Rev 4 of the FBL mount.

I think we should call a spade a spade here. This is not innovation, its returning to using helical gearing. Helical gearing that should of been used in the first place. No engineering reason not to use helicals. These parts should be made free of charge to existing V1 owners if they have had vibration issues caused by using the straight cut gearing.
cjm180 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in