Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > SAB Goblin 630/700/770

SAB Goblin 630/700/770 SAB Heli Division 630/700/770 - Goblin Helicopters Factory Support

Like Tree468Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2020, 05:40 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

At least its not yellow and therefore I will get one.
jsbach#1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2020, 06:04 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've heard speculation that its a replacement for the Comet aimed at speed run competition.
XL Power Specter 700
fiddle is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2020, 06:25 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddle View Post
I've heard speculation that its a replacement for the Comet aimed at speed run competition.
Hmmmm, that sounds interesting, not because I’m a speed flyer but I like things that look fast 😉

But I like yellow
Old 12-13-2020, 07:08 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddle View Post
Doesn't fit with the glimpse shown in the video. In the interest of streamlining all series speed helis (including the Comet and the Goblin Speed before it) have canopies that extend up to encompass the swash, swash driver mechanism and anti rotation guide. These parts can be seen clearly exposed above the canopy in the video.
Old 12-13-2020, 07:15 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigpops View Post
I'm hoping for an evolution of the classic Goblin line. An update to the Thunder Sport, with massive parts carry over, even if they change the overall look.
Hate to disappoint but the heli in the teaser has a front mounted anti-rotation bracked and narrow canopy around the servo mounting area....Which means that it cant closely related to the classic goblin design.

The few mechanical bits you can see all look 100% like Kraken parts. My bet is still a 'competition' version of the Kraken.
Old 12-13-2020, 07:56 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoggie View Post
Hate to disappoint but the heli in the teaser has a front mounted anti-rotation bracked and narrow canopy around the servo mounting area....Which means that it cant closely related to the classic goblin design.

The few mechanical bits you can see all look 100% like Kraken parts. My bet is still a 'competition' version of the Kraken.
I have watched the trailer, but only once and I didn't notice that.

My bet then is on a budget Kraken. Maybe a different canopy shape and without the expensive side plates that hold the skids on, more like the nitro. Maybe an open gear train too, if that part is particularly pricey.
Old 12-13-2020, 08:37 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
My bet then is on a budget Kraken. Maybe a different canopy shape and without the expensive side plates that hold the skids on, more like the nitro. Maybe an open gear train too, if that part is particularly pricey.
With the focus on 'competition' and 'light weight' in the video it doesnt sound like a budget version to me. Time will tell.
Old 12-13-2020, 02:47 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

ďBorn for competitionĒ makes me think itís not going to be a budget version of anything.

Raw doesnít have to mean stripped of features or lacking anything we like. It could mean many things, or it could mean nothing at all and just be a cool sounding word they drew from a hat. Iím thinking it might tie into the low maintenance thing, and perhaps itís just a simplified, low parts count design of some sort. Maybe a more traditional single stage drive system, I dunno.

For a moment I thought it could be a more traditional tube boom, but the more I view that brief clip of the boom I donít think thatís the case. Unless itís a square or other polygon cross section.

Iím not a big goblin guy but I canít help being intrigued by the mystery and the excitement of something new still coming to the heli hobby in such dark times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
corrosionate is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2020, 03:11 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

This reminds me of when they were gonna release the fireball and close to release date they surprised by showing the mini comet using the same drivetrain.

The urukay genesis is close to release, and they still haven't shown under the canopy. But they did say its an all new transmission.

Maybe this will be a new 700 flagship , like a kraken 2 - using this new transmission from the urukay which is kraken derived Im guesing - but they'll keep both along side one another.

Maybe they are just going to revise the transmission to be like the kraken 580, tail pulley on the same shaft as the one way , all sitting outside the transmission. So one less shaft and two less gears inside the transmission.

I hope they mount the boom the same way as the kraken, the old way was horrible in comparison
Old 12-13-2020, 03:46 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbach#1 View Post
The urukay genesis is close to release, and they still haven't shown under the canopy. But they did say its an all new transmission.

Maybe this will be a new 700 flagship , like a kraken 2 - using this new transmission from the urukay which is kraken derived Im guesing - but they'll keep both along side one another.
Is it possible that the ‘New’ Urukay (designed for F3C competition) IS the new Raw?
Old 12-13-2020, 07:13 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

No theyíve showed many pics of the new Urukay during its development see Sab Heli Facebook. Itís called Urukay genesis and itís kraken based - but they never showed under the canopy - and they said transmission is all new
Old 12-14-2020, 01:38 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrosionate View Post
“Born for competition” makes me think it’s not going to be a budget version of anything.
Exactly, lots of wishful thinking about new budget helis going on in this discussion. The video may be lacking detail but there is some solid information there, and none of it says 'affordable' or 'budget' or anything even close.

I'll make my prediction which is part my own wishful thinking and part based on what we see/hear in the video:-

Update of the Kraken featuring:
  • Revised transmission, shared with the new Urukay (that has helical gears to stop the vibration issue and doesnt leak grease).
  • A few detail improvement of the airframe including a more robust lower side frame mounting.
  • New canopy.
  • A few grams trimmed off.

maybe someone should start a poll on what to expect?
Old 12-14-2020, 05:36 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

"budget" and "heli" don't belong near each other These things are darned expensive LOL.
XL Power Specter 700
fiddle is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2020, 08:57 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbach#1 View Post
No theyíve showed many pics of the new Urukay during its development see Sab Heli Facebook. Itís called Urukay genesis and itís kraken based - but they never showed under the canopy - and they said transmission is all new

Here you go!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Genesis M.JPG
Views:	559
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	894893  
Protos Evo 700: Goblin 700C : Oxy 5 Meg: Goblin 570 : Diabolo 600 : Mini Comet : Oxy 2 : Futaba 18SZ : Jeti DS-16 : Jeti DS-24 : Kontronik Kosmik, Jive Pro and Kolibri HV-1: MSH Brain 2 : BK Brushless : Xpert R1 and KD
MKMAERO is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2020, 10:34 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKMAERO View Post
Here you go!
Looks identical to the Kraken except different boom and longer grip arms. (which is fair enough as there is no reason to make it any different)
Old 12-14-2020, 01:05 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

If nothing else, they have everyone's attention.

I still can't quite believe they'd relegate the Kraken line up into effectively second place when it's less than 2 years old.
Old 12-14-2020, 01:10 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sounds more like expanding the Kraken line and dropping the Thunder line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
toadiscoil is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2020, 01:56 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I still can't quite believe they'd relegate the Kraken line up into effectively second place when it's less than 2 years old.
It wouldn't be out of character.
In the 8 years between the original goblin 700 being introduced and the Kraken coming along, we have had:
  1. 'Original' Goblin 700,
  2. Goblin 700 Competition,
  3. Goblin 700 KSE,
  4. Goblin 700 Black Thunder,
  5. Goblin 700 Black Thunder 'T',
  6. Goblin 700 Black Thunder Sport,
  7. Goblin 700 Havok,
  8. Goblin 700 Drake
Not including Urukay..... Have I missed any?

So averaging one new 700 model a year, but rate of new models has seemed to increase in recent years. Within 6 months of the original Kraken they brought out the yellow/blue 'lightweight' version. I guess SAB see it as good business. A lot of people enjoy always having the 'latest and greatest' model, so bringing out a steady stream of new models sells more units.
Old 12-14-2020, 03:14 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Looks identical to the Kraken except different boom and longer grip arms. (which is fair enough as there is no reason to make it any different)
No there is a critical difference, look closely the tail belt is on the same shaft as the main belt going to the motor. On the current kraken the tail belt goes to a separate shaft farther back. The way its done here you going to have a shorter tail boom (if running the same belt) and you get to use that tensioner they are showing which never came for the current kraken.

This is the same as the 580 kraken. Also if its the same as the 580 kraken the one way bearing is on that exterior pulley and not inside the sealed transmission. I can't tell from the pic about that.
Smoggie likes this.
Old 12-14-2020, 04:22 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
It wouldn't be out of character.
In the 8 years between the original goblin 700 being introduced and the Kraken coming along, we have had:
  1. 'Original' Goblin 700,
  2. Goblin 700 Competition,
  3. Goblin 700 KSE,
  4. Goblin 700 Black Thunder,
  5. Goblin 700 Black Thunder 'T',
  6. Goblin 700 Black Thunder Sport,
  7. Goblin 700 Havok,
  8. Goblin 700 Drake
Not including Urukay..... Have I missed any?

So averaging one new 700 model a year, but rate of new models has seemed to increase in recent years. Within 6 months of the original Kraken they brought out the yellow/blue 'lightweight' version. I guess SAB see it as good business. A lot of people enjoy always having the 'latest and greatest' model, so bringing out a steady stream of new models sells more units.

To be fair, 4-8 were all pretty much variations of the same model. Like buying a new car and choosing options. lol
Michaelinpr likes this.

SAB\OXY\SYNERGY\MSH\XLPOWER\GAUI Fanboy
slogoat is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in