Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 150 Class Electric Helicopters

150 Class Electric Helicopters 150 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Smoggie
  • 3 Post By Number
  • 2 Post By Number

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2020, 01:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question Align trex 150 or omp hobby m2

Hey I just wanted to know everyoneís opinions Iím looking for a new smaller scale heli Because honelsty i donít really like how the blade mcpx bl2 flips. I just donít but thatís for a later discussion. Wich is better ik the packs are bigger for the omp hobby.
Thanks in advance and have a great weekend
Happy Veterans Day
Stay safe
God bless
Helienthusiasted is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2020, 10:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Which heli's have you flown, just to understand what you like?
What don't you like about the BL2? I think it's be best heli in its class.
azn_ace is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2020, 11:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

The OMPHobby M1 is far better than the mCPX BL2, being much more durable and reliable. Placed next to it, the mCPX Bl2 looks like a cheap toy. It is a bit harder to fly though mainly because of its power. It flies more like a Trex 150X but is also much better in terms of durability and reliabilty.

Last edited by zadaw; 11-28-2020 at 12:12 AM..
zadaw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2020, 12:51 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
The OMPHobby M1 is far better than the mCPX BL2, being much more durable and reliable. Placed next to it, the mCPX Bl2 looks like a cheap toy. It is a bit harder to fly though mainly because of its power. It flies more like a Trex 150X but is also much better in terms of durability and reliabilty.
I can't speak to durability because I haven't crashed the M1/M2.
I've flown the M2, and I've heard the M1 flies similarly.

Frankly, I like the way the BL2 flies better than the M2. It's much lighter and hence doesn't need the crazy head speed to do maneuvers.

I saw a post from another expert flyer (Jeffhelico) that he prefers a K110 over an M2 due to this aspect.

So unless you're doing some violent high speed maneuvers that a BL2 can't achieve (which most of us aren't at the skill level anyway), I prefer a lighter heli.

BTW, is the comment on "looks like a cheap toy" related to the use of light plastic? Some folks like "upgrades" to metal swash, metal head, etc. All those things are unnecessary in a small heli and only makes something else break in a crash.
azn_ace is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2020, 02:37 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sure the XK K110 is a great small Heli, I used it 4/5 months before using regularly my M2s

The eachine 160 is not bad also, as a bigger and not too heavy one, but I don’t use it very often, no so fun than the others.

Waiting for the M1 though... I fly most of the time with the M2 these days , I like it a lot, as a beginner (8 months) and I hope that the M1 will be a good fit for my backyard.
AccuRC
Hebus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2020, 03:40 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have owned both the Trex 150 and the M2. The Trex 150 was easily the worst heli I've ever owned, a complete waste of money. Tricky and frenetic to fly, fragile and a nightmare to work on. The M2 I liked so much I so much that I decided to sell them!

To be fair the M2 is a much bigger heli than the Trex 150, so not really a fair comparison. The M1 would be the closer heli to compare.
MeekaMoMo likes this.
Old 11-28-2020, 09:28 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

The M2 and T-REX 150 aren't really comparable. They are totally different sizes. The original T-REX 150 was a piece of garbage to put it nicely, but the 150X was/is a much nicer heli and I'd own one again. Frankly it was probably the best micro heli available in its day in my opinion and still one of the best flying micros in its size class (110 to 120ish mm) I've owned. I'd take one over the mCPX BL/BL2 any day of the week.
T-REX 150X | Monster Micro (2 min 50 sec)

That said, with the OMP M1 right around the corner, it might be worth waiting to see how that one turns out. I have one on preorder and will definitely be doing plenty of videos with it. With how good the M2 is I have a feeling the M1 is going to be the new standard for high performance micro helis.
Number is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2020, 11:38 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number View Post
The original T-REX 150 was a piece of garbage to put it nicely, but the 150X was/is a much nicer heli and I'd own one again.
It was the original 150DFC I had, and it was indeed 'garbage'. I was under the impression that the later 'X' version was virtually the same but with a different flight controller?
Old 11-28-2020, 11:47 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes, and that's what made the difference. The GRS flight controller on the 150X was galaxies better than the MRS on the original. There were some other small changes such as a steel main shaft on the X instead of aluminum on the DFC (which bent with the tiniest impact) and other things made metal instead of plastic (swash I think). They also changed the tail motor wiring so there was a connector in back so changing the motor was easily. And I believe on the X the frame was beefed up a little bit. I never broke one but the DFC was kind of known for breaking them so they definitely changed something, if not the design then the material.

When I had mine, most crashes nothing broke. I did the servo saver mod which is a 100% necessity. Basically you cut a slit in the servo horn so that when you crash the horn slips rather than stripping your gears. In a good crash you might have bent a feathering shaft but main shafts were rare. Most of the time it just ejected the skids and canopy as you can see in some of my other T-REX 150 videos. Honestly never really had any issues with my 150X. It's still a really nice heli IMO. I've thought about picking one up again, just to compare it to the M1 when I get it.
sportbikerr and CrashyCrashy like this.
Number is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in