Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > AccuRC Flight Sim

AccuRC Flight Sim AccuRC Flight Sim Discussion

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By gimbleguy
  • 1 Post By Johnny31297
  • 1 Post By Number
  • 1 Post By fiddle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2020, 06:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Accurc Target Frame Rate 160 shooting above the limit

Merry Christmas everyone.

Just reporting.

If I set the Target Frame Rate to 160 it goes above that. Any chance for it to be fixed below the 160 say 159

Accurc Target Frame Rate 160 shooting above the limit (1 min 23 sec)

Thank you
Advertisement

Old 12-25-2020, 05:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

What program are you using to provide these statistics in the upper right corner?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	overlay.png
Views:	279
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	896535  
XL Power Specter 700 v1 & v2
fiddle is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2020, 02:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

That's MSI after burner with RTSS, the other is Nvidia Experimental features enabled Performance Tuning
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MSI Afterburner.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	342.6 KB
ID:	896615  
fiddle likes this.
Old 12-28-2020, 03:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I also have another computer with a 144Hz monitor, if I set it to 144 it goes above that, if that(144 Target Frame Rate) can also be set below 140 FPS that would be nice.

So to cap

165 Target Frame Rate should be 160 FPS and below
144 Target Frame Rate should be 140 FPS and below

Yeah I could use RTSS to do the Frame limiter, but it is so much better if Accurc can do it correctly

Thank you

Happy New Year Everyone
Old 12-30-2020, 04:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Why not just use Nvidia cp to cap the fps ?
DM_Maverick is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2021, 10:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DM_Maverick View Post
Why not just use Nvidia cp to cap the fps ?
Performance is much better if the game/application does it. Considering if everything is done correctly or at this case Accurately. No pun intended.

I've seen other simulators gone through this whole process of refinement in their forums, and they fixed it.

Accurc has done most of the hard work on it, just needs to be refined a tad.

If the Accurc devs could also add a Target Frame Rate of 140. That would be awesome

Last edited by gimbleguy; 01-02-2021 at 10:52 PM..
gimbleguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2021, 12:08 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Why?

I run my 144Hz monitor at 200fps cap. I'd like to run it higher, but AccuRC is limited to 200. Higher FPS does reduce input lag a tiny bit in games, even if your monitor stays the same.
Number is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2021, 11:25 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number View Post
Why?
VRR.

I too have a back up pc with a 144Hz monitor, Hence a finely tuned Target Frame Rate of 140, would be wonderful. Shouldn't be that hard to add in, right??

Also it's not recommended to play games at a higher FPS than your monitor refresh rate. That's the reason you see people buying these 240Hz monitors for high 200+ FPS

Accurc is almost there with it, just needs to be finely tuned.
Old 01-04-2021, 11:34 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbleguy View Post
Also it's not recommended to play games at a higher FPS than your monitor refresh rate.
By who, exactly?

That's definitely not true. If it were a bad thing to do, competitive players would not run CS:GO at 600+ FPS, sometimes near 800FPS. It reduces input lag and every little bit counts for those guys. Not nearly as much for playing a simulator, but it is there and noticeable. Even I, a non-competitive gamer, can tell the difference in my mouse and keyboard inputs playing CS:GO at around 400fps on my PC compared to capping it at 144fps. It does add a bit of screen tearing, but at such high FPS it's minimal, and the benefits of super high FPS on that game outweigh the mild screen tearing you might see. If I could get AccuRC to run at 300-400fps, I can guarantee I'd feel the difference. I can already tell the difference between 144fps and 200fps, though quite minimal. My GPU probably has the power to push at least 350 or 400, I'd absolutely love if AccuRC let you do that. Though I suspect it's a limitation of the game engine or something, that's limiting it to 200.

I just don't understand why you would want to limit it to 140fps when your monitor is 144Hz? You should run 144fps in that case. Otherwise you'll get screen tearing due to the mismatch in framerate vs refresh rate, unless you have a FreeSync/G-Sync monitor.
Old 01-04-2021, 12:03 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
It does add a bit of screen tearing.
I bought a system that works Accurately and Correctly. That's exactly what I want it to do.

If you can live with screen tearing that is your choice. For me that is not accepted. I like to play a game the way the developers intended it to be. No tearing in game.

It's like watching a movie and you see tearing in the movie. People wont accept that.

Anyways back on topic. Just reporting

Last edited by gimbleguy; 01-04-2021 at 12:27 PM..
gimbleguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2021, 02:46 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I like to play a game the way the developers intended it to be.
We intend for you to either set the frame rate to your monitor refresh rate with VSync on, or to a multiple of your refresh rate with VSync off.
Number likes this.
Johnny31297 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2021, 11:43 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I bought a system that works Accurately and Correctly. That's exactly what I want it to do.

If you can live with screen tearing that is your choice. For me that is not accepted. I like to play a game the way the developers intended it to be. No tearing in game.

It's like watching a movie and you see tearing in the movie. People wont accept that.

Anyways back on topic. Just reporting
That still doesn't explain your desire for a frame target 4 below your refresh rate. THAT will introduce screen tearing. I thought you said you didn't want that? If you're so worried about screen tearing then run the frame rate the same as your refresh rate... not 4 less.

When I set my target to 144, it runs at 144. Like it should. I've never seen it above or below the target.
Johnny31297 likes this.
Old 01-06-2021, 05:13 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

you can just turn on vsync if you want to run at your refresh rate. Thats what it does.
Johnny31297 likes this.
Old 01-07-2021, 02:57 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default C

Quote:
That still doesn't explain your desire for a frame target 4 below your refresh rate. THAT will introduce screen tearing. I thought you said you didn't want that? If you're so worried about screen tearing then run the frame rate the same as your refresh rate... not 4 less.

When I set my target to 144, it runs at 144. Like it should. I've never seen it above or below the target.
Since we are live in an none ideal world. the desired framerate might be not 144 always and every time.
Its just how Gsync / Vsync / no sync interaction works.

When you run Gsync , Vsync is avoided since it can cause input lag

To avoid tearing you need to ensure that the frames timing / lag etc.. are all consistent , so while too little frames might be an issue. the inverse can also be if you have too much frames.
Gsync can't be maintained if the FPS is higher then the FPS of the monitor. => and youget tearing because the FPS is too high

so to run without tearing the consensus generally is to run Gsync without Vsync , but keep your game FPS a couple frames below the Gsync fps.

in that way the Gsync tech can maintain a steady FPS on the monitor , with 0 chance of tearing ./stutter / lag etc...
so Gsync users will run higher fps 144 , 240 HZ etc... but the target framerate of the game is general a few frame lower then the Exact framerate ( because Exact FPS is hard for games ) tto ensure this 0 tearing experience
zomaar is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2021, 05:34 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by zomaar View Post
Since we are live in an none ideal world. the desired framerate might be not 144 always and every time.
Its just how Gsync / Vsync / no sync interaction works.

When you run Gsync , Vsync is avoided since it can cause input lag

To avoid tearing you need to ensure that the frames timing / lag etc.. are all consistent , so while too little frames might be an issue. the inverse can also be if you have too much frames.
Gsync can't be maintained if the FPS is higher then the FPS of the monitor. => and youget tearing because the FPS is too high

so to run without tearing the consensus generally is to run Gsync without Vsync , but keep your game FPS a couple frames below the Gsync fps.

in that way the Gsync tech can maintain a steady FPS on the monitor , with 0 chance of tearing ./stutter / lag etc...
so Gsync users will run higher fps 144 , 240 HZ etc... but the target framerate of the game is general a few frame lower then the Exact framerate ( because Exact FPS is hard for games ) tto ensure this 0 tearing experience
ummm - gsync syncs the referesh rate of your monitor to the frame output of your nVidia video card. Thats what the technology does. Its impossible for the video card to output more frames than the monitor is capable of displaying. There is usually a minimum (in my monitors, its 30) where gsync will stop should the output from nVidia card fall below (ie: your PC can't render the game quickly enough). Otherwise, your nVidia card will increase frame output right up until it hits the maximum of your GSYNC monitor. If your GSYNC monitor doesn't probably report things to nVidia or something, I'm not sure what would happen. Mine does and everything is fine (though they were not cheap!). GSYNC is an awesome thing, especially for triples like I am using it on for sim racing.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in