Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > OXY HELI > Oxy 7

Like Tree46Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2021, 10:51 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Oxy 7 Wishlist

I have no idea if and when the Oxy 7 is coming out anytime soon but here is my wish list for it:
  1. Bigger brother to Oxy 5 with a wider main frame (around 5-10mm wider). This will allow mounting wider FBL Controllers on the top side. Will also improve wire routing options.
  2. Battery tray that no longer requires using straps to secure the tray itself to the chassis.
  3. A belt tensioner (similar to Compass) that allows belt to be setup a little looser.
  4. Ability to accommodate blades from 690mm to 760mm (with a Max stretch kit).
That's about it for me.
acidla, jrman83 and crashcopterman like this.
Compass Chronos | 7HVU | 550U | Atom 500 | Oxy 5 HF 560 | 5 HF 625 | Gaui X3 #1 | X3 #2
cyclo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2021, 03:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Personally, I think I'd just be happy with an Oxy 7 (hoping they make one). It can be exactly like the Oxy 5 as far as I am concerned. Some things can be improved for sure, but by far one of the best kits I have built. Easiest to wire among everything I have touched.
acidla, birchbore, cyclo and 1 others like this.

EGODRIFT Team, Lynx/Oxy Field Rep
jrman83 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2021, 03:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just bring it on!
bikneli, jrman83 and cyclo like this.
Old 01-02-2021, 07:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidla View Post
Just bring it on!
And cyclo, I would be good with #4

But yeah, Luca, just do it....
cyclo likes this.
bikneli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2021, 10:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good initial list - based off Oxy's long tenure in the heli market and what they've learned with all the models up to this point, I think a 700 is the natural next step.

Personally, i'd rather see a dedicated 700 size, with a smaller boom option for a 650. A hot setup 4525/130A 650 at 2500ish rpm would be

Further, the airframe would need to comfortably accommodate a HW/Kosmik 200A ESC.

I'd like to see the sprague OWB and motor pinion support bearing as standard items on a 700 size.

I'd also like to see all metal pulleys (including the auto gear as standard) be metal as well to keep static buildup to a minimum. On that topic, I think it would also be interesting to include an anti-static kit with the kit............not that its necessary but would be a thoughtful addition I think with the big metal boom and belt driven tail drive. If you want to have a large tail belt (8mm+), this is good insurance........and i'd like to see an 8-10mm belt for sure.

I also wouldn't mind the Oxy going with an "out-of-the-box" idea - for example, the Chronos heli's utilize a very unique dynamic head dampening systems that allows you to manually adjust the dampening stiffness via the exposed bolts on the head button - that could be useful.

I would also put the thought out there of using a 14mm mainshaft and 12mm spindle for ultimate rigidity and oversized mainshaft bearings, large spindle bolts etc. This would aid a bit the CG toward the nose of the heli, considering we can expect a larger/longer Oxy5 style boom on the 7.

Also would be really cool if Oxy offered a Tri-tail rotor option, if not on the initial release, as an option down the road. If you've never flown a tri-tail on a 2-blade head, let me tell you.........once you try it, it's hard to go back.

Speaking of the tail, i'd like to see dual set screws securing the tail rotor to the tail shaft........and longer one's than the current Oxy5 kit is supplied with more thread engagement. Mine kept coming loose on me no matter how much loctite I used until I replaced it with a longer one. Redundancy on a tail rotor spinning ~10k rpm is always a good thing.

A tri-head option might cool too, but i'm on the fence about it, as then you really start to add weight and complexity.

I also agree about the battery straps - Perhaps simply adding a secondary locking clip at the front of the frame would do the trick and clean up the aesthetics as well by eliminating the straps.

Last little thing would be in the details - Lynx makes some fantastic finishing washers as aftermarket parts......these really should be included in the kits. They don't add much weight, but really give the machine a more finished clean look when put together and also help distribute the clamping force of the bolts - if you have a hard landing, or soft crash, the carbon frames tend to crack around bolts without washers since they don't have enough surface area evenly distributed on the frame.

All this being said, my Oxy5 is still the best machine i've ever flown. Really looking forward to the 7.
jrman83, cyclo and CFerry like this.

Last edited by DCflyer; 01-02-2021 at 10:48 PM..
DCflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2021, 11:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

That's a comprehensive wishlist DCFlyer! Yes an 8mm tail belt would be nice along with the oversized main shaft and spindle shaft plus the sprag OWB like in the Oxy 5 HF standard and not an option. The icing on the cake would be a 700 with a 4525 motor, 200A ESC, and 2 x 6S 5000mah lipos with an all up weight of 11.5 - 12 lbs. Hopefully something like this is in the works for 2021.
Compass Chronos | 7HVU | 550U | Atom 500 | Oxy 5 HF 560 | 5 HF 625 | Gaui X3 #1 | X3 #2
Old 01-10-2021, 02:58 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclo View Post
That's a comprehensive wishlist DCFlyer! Yes an 8mm tail belt would be nice along with the oversized main shaft and spindle shaft plus the sprag OWB like in the Oxy 5 HF standard and not an option. The icing on the cake would be a 700 with a 4525 motor, 200A ESC, and 2 x 6S 5000mah lipos with an all up weight of 11.5 - 12 lbs. Hopefully something like this is in the works for 2021.

Hold on tight...
cyclo likes this.
Old 01-16-2021, 03:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Still waiting to see compass design with oxy touches 😃
700 is out of my league for now, but things may change for the better.
That chronos rsr 😎😎😎😎😎
cyclo likes this.
Luigi_tuga is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2021, 05:30 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't have an Oxy 5, but its a very cool looking model and I've heard good things about it. I wouldn't mind having one if the future. If they were to come out with a 700, I would hope they would not make it the same as the Oxy 5. I think sizes should have their own unique design. Its rather boring if a company makes the model the same looking, just slightly bigger. Be different with it. I would love to see an even sleeker canopy and wider frame from the Oxy 7.

I think it should also encompass a stretch kit for those who want to go bigger.

XL 550 Egodrift 1220kv, OMG cyclic servos, KST tail, HW 120amp ESC, Ikon 2 FBL.Oxy 3 Tareq, xnova motor, MKS servos, IKon2, HW esc. 2 blade 70s
Blades345 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2021, 06:06 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think the number 1 item for an Oxy 7 wishlist should be for a 2021 arrival!!!
birchbore, bikneli and KiwiBlair like this.

Old 01-16-2021, 11:06 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrman83 View Post
I think the number 1 item for an Oxy 7 wishlist should be for a 2021 arrival!!!
Thatís probably the best request so far. It seems every Oxy is better than the previous release. I can only imagine that the 7 will continue that trend
Old 01-17-2021, 07:47 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades345 View Post
I don't have an Oxy 5, but its a very cool looking model and I've heard good things about it. I wouldn't mind having one if the future. If they were to come out with a 700, I would hope they would not make it the same as the Oxy 5. I think sizes should have their own unique design. Its rather boring if a company makes the model the same looking, just slightly bigger. Be different with it. I would love to see an even sleeker canopy and wider frame from the Oxy 7.

I think it should also encompass a stretch kit for those who want to go bigger.
I think it will be relatively the same but some structure changes will need to be made for strength, like maybe larger boom, not just in length. The Oxy 5 was the biggest departure the company had made from the 3, 4 or even Oxy 2. I would be perfectly happy with same look and structure just a little bigger. Keeps their design cost down and makes their testing and evaluation easier with known and tested true designs. I mean, it's not far from the size of my 700s now.

Old 01-17-2021, 01:13 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrman83 View Post
I think it will be relatively the same but some structure changes will need to be made for strength, like maybe larger boom, not just in length. The Oxy 5 was the biggest departure the company had made from the 3, 4 or even Oxy 2. I would be perfectly happy with same look and structure just a little bigger. Keeps their design cost down and makes their testing and evaluation easier with known and tested true designs. I mean, it's not far from the size of my 700s now.

The Oxy5 is definitely a larger 550 with most saying its more a 600 class. I hope the Oxy7 will continue the larger trend so it can except the larger 700 class blades. I'm also a huge fan of the Oxy5 design so a direct scaled up version wouldn't bother me one bit. The only thing I would request is a locking battery tray without the straps.
Old 04-12-2021, 01:40 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Seeing a few posts of Rasmus on FB tells me a 700 class has to be coming. I am waiting to see what it is all about, hopefully soon. I now am wanting to try the Oxy, and am setup for 700s as I have a Logo 700 and a Raw already I am trialing.
jrman83 and cyclo like this.
Old 04-12-2021, 07:07 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

I thought he had crossed over to the dark side and started flying Tron.

Old 06-17-2021, 01:40 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

So now apparently Luca has said in some podcast that yes a 700 Oxy is in fact coming, fall to winter apparently.
Old 06-17-2021, 09:29 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I did hear Luca talk about two 700 class helis being developed simultaneously on the Skids Up - RC Heli podcast (Episode 25). I don't recall hearing about a firm release date though.
bikneli likes this.
Old 06-22-2021, 03:38 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclo View Post
I did hear Luca talk about two 700 class helis being developed simultaneously on the Skids Up - RC Heli podcast (Episode 25). I don't recall hearing about a firm release date though.

Since guess work is well guessing, I am thinking by Ircha.
Old 06-22-2021, 07:28 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

So what about the rumour that MTTEC/Rage have decided not to go ahead with the Chronos RSR project and instead Oxy (who were already down to manufacture it anyway) will take the whole project on ?

Could this be one of the 700s that Luca was referring to?

Personally if it's a 'wish-list'.................I wish Oxy (or anyone else come to that) would come up with a ultra light 700 along the same lines as the Henseleit TDSF. A 2.5Kg rtf 700 would be fantastic; all the performance of a regular 700 but using cheap 500 size electronics and batteries and with double the flight time of any regular 700. That's surely got to be a winning formula? I cant understand why no mainstream manufacturer has done it yet, Henseliet has proved it's possible.
Hicksy likes this.
Old 06-23-2021, 07:48 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't think that is rumor, but maybe speculation on some people's part. I would guess one electric and one nitro.

You're the guy that said Oxy wouldn't have a 700 any time soon. Glad you were wrong.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in