Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > OXY HELI > Oxy 7

Like Tree37Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2021, 07:05 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrman83 View Post
You're the guy that said Oxy wouldn't have a 700 any time soon. Glad you were wrong.
All i recall saying was it appeared to be all speculation because there had been no official announcement and it seemed to me very unlikely that one would be available this year (this was in the context of someone weighing up buying options for an immanent purchase).

I still think my gut feeling was right and we wont see one on the shelves this year. What makes you think i was wrong?

This is the thread I believe you were thinking of: https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=888911

Last edited by Smoggie; 06-23-2021 at 07:32 AM..
Smoggie is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2021, 07:40 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoggie View Post
All i recall saying was it appeared to be all speculation because there had been no official announcement and it seemed to me very unlikely that one would be available this year (this was in the context of someone weighing up buying options for an immanent purchase).

I still think my gut feeling was right and we wont see one on the shelves this year. What makes you think i was wrong?

This is the thread I believe you were thinking of: https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=888911
I definitely remember where it was said and in which context. You're not very good at your "gut" feelings, thankfully. It's only June and I'm optimistic.

EGODRIFT Team, Lynx/Oxy Field Rep
jrman83 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2021, 10:18 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
You're not very good at your "gut" feelings, thankfully. It's only June and I'm optimistic.
Only time will tell if I was good at 'gut feeling'. If the Oxy 700 ends up on the shelves before the end of this year I will be happy to admit that my gut was wrong. Until then no one knows, I'm not wrong yet
Weule likes this.
Old 07-02-2021, 08:50 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My wish: keep the number nomenclature, love it!

Steve
Old 07-02-2021, 09:18 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashcopterman View Post
My wish: keep the number nomenclature, love it!

Steve
They are naming the first of two Flash... Speculation is this is a stretched Oxy 5 MEG.

Compass Chronos | 7HVU | 550U | Atom 500 | Oxy 5 HF 560 | Oxy 5 HF 625 | Gaui X3 #1 | X3 #2
cyclo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2021, 11:03 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a suspicion that the guy who was in charge of naming SAB's new helis has a new job.
Old 07-03-2021, 03:26 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclo View Post
Speculation is this is a stretched Oxy 5 MEG.
yeah, that's what I thought as soon as i saw the image in the post. the frame appears to be identical to an Oxy 5.
Personally I think this is a good move. The OXY 5 frame seems very rigid and the upgraded 'HF' sprag clutch should be more than strong enough to take a 700 power system. A genuinely lightweight 700 will be something a bit different, vs. all the others that claim light weight but dont deliver.
Old 07-03-2021, 07:19 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not a big fan of the name myself, but I guess I really don't care what they call it. Curious what the name of the other will be? RSR, lol?
IndividualWon likes this.

Last edited by jrman83; 07-03-2021 at 07:34 AM..
Old 07-03-2021, 07:31 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just saw it on Facebook...
Old 07-03-2021, 04:23 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
yeah, that's what I thought as soon as i saw the image in the post. the frame appears to be identical to an Oxy 5.
Personally I think this is a good move. The OXY 5 frame seems very rigid and the upgraded 'HF' sprag clutch should be more than strong enough to take a 700 power system. A genuinely lightweight 700 will be something a bit different, vs. all the others that claim light weight but dont deliver.

Mikado has had this concept awhile with the Logo 690SX, basically has always been a stretched 600.

None less interested to see what these models finish up like, I am looking to a full on smack, everything type heli so whatever Oxys heavier more robust one is the one I will be most interested in.
Old 07-04-2021, 02:44 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Mikado has had this concept awhile with the Logo 690SX, basically has always been a stretched 600.
yeah, the 690 was the heli i thought of too. The Logo 690 airframe too started life as a 500 or 550 if I'm not mistaken. If you believe the stats OXY might have made their heli even lighter and hopefully also capable of taking higher power setups.. 'best of both worlds'.

Lets wait and see.
OICU812 likes this.
Old 07-04-2021, 01:58 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

More info about the Flash from Timo Wendtland, Oxy Team Pilot who posted this in rc-heli-de: https://www.rc-heli.de/board/showpos...8&postcount=12

Hi,

since I've been flying a Flash prototype for a while, some information:

- rotor head - chassis - gearbox is mostly new to cope with the higher loads.
- The rear slightly revised
- the hood is new.

There are also some parts of the Oxy 5 that have proven themselves there.

So the current status is that it holds even with a 4530 power setup at 2300 rpm + and still remains under 5kg with 12s 5000 65c batteries.

A power setup like this is actually only intended for testing and is way too much of a good thing.
In the end I would like to use a small 4035 with 12s 4500 max.Sheets

are currently 700/115 max feasible.

VG
Timo
OICU812 and jrman83 like this.
Compass Chronos | 7HVU | 550U | Atom 500 | Oxy 5 HF 560 | Oxy 5 HF 625 | Gaui X3 #1 | X3 #2
Old 07-04-2021, 02:03 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

From AaronHeli also another Oxy Team pilot in response to queries at the German forums:

The rotor shaft is 10mm and of course standard servos fit. The FLASH is not a “mega stretch” of an OXY 5, as was already assumed here, but a full-fledged 700 with some parts of the OXY 5.

Any common 700 setup can be implemented as a setup.
jrman83 likes this.
Old 07-05-2021, 03:01 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

10mm mainshaft very strongly implies if not categorically proves that the drivetrain is 'Oxy 5 derived'. Almost all 700 helis today use between 12mm and 15mm main shafts. The only exception that I can think of is (by spooky coincidence) the Logo 690.

I dont see any need to get defensive about this being a heli based on the Oxy5, seems like a perfectly sensible approach to me.
Old 07-05-2021, 08:32 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
10mm mainshaft very strongly implies if not categorically proves that the drivetrain is 'Oxy 5 derived'.
Was there anyone arguing this point? I don't really think it matters much. Certainly, not to me or anyone who actually flies Oxy and wants a 700.

Old 07-05-2021, 08:46 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would definitely be interested in a 700 which shares some component and also its design from the Oxy 5. Having a 10mm main shaft is fine by me... I am still beating on my 7HVU with a 10mm shaft, which weighs 12.3 lbs, powered by a Scorpion 4525 520 with 700mm blades.

If the Flash can get that weight down to 11 - 11.5 lbs with the same components, I will be happy to move the electronics over from my 7HVU to the Flash.
jrman83 likes this.
Old 07-05-2021, 10:28 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Was there anyone arguing this point? I don't really think it matters much. Certainly, not to me or anyone who actually flies Oxy and wants a 700.
The team pilots quoted in the posts preceding mine to which I was replying certainly seemed to be downplaying the Oxy 5 heritage.. no?
Old 07-05-2021, 11:21 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
The team pilots quoted in the posts preceding mine to which I was replying certainly seemed to be downplaying the Oxy 5 heritage.. no?

I think we might be reading too much regarding individual comments from the team pilots... They probably are addressing some comments in that thread at the German forums and also here at HF that mentions that the Oxy Flash appears to be designed more for "slow headspeed and mild 3D" (I am quoting ddhuans here). They seem to be implying that the Flash can definitely handle higher headspeeds and more than just mild 3D. We will hopefully see more proof of this after the formal unveiling.
OICU812, jrman83 and Smoggie like this.
Old 07-06-2021, 12:59 AM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Pretty exciting stuff really. Like all have said soon enough by Ircha we will see them both, be it in final form or not. Living way up north here hoping this is something they have finalized and actually making now. Really do not want to be waiting to build one in 2022 etc...

Guess have to be patient, it is hard though!
cyclo likes this.
Old 07-06-2021, 03:17 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

got all the gear ready for it!

Spartan VX1n/e, Frsky RX, RT Blades MKS/BK, Hobbywing
Danker16 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in