Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Spektrum FBL System > Spektrum FC6250HX

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By WarMace6

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2021, 01:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default FC6250 bricked?

I have been fighting a tail wag on my Blade 330s. After going through all the mechanical and lowering gains, I decided to check for a FBL update. Plugged in the update cable and It recognized the rx. It found the 5.4.0 330s update in the programmer. It tried to update and gave me an error ďThere was a problem erasing the device (bad address).Ē

Now, it will not respond to the tx. I thought it was a binding issue so I rebound it with no luck. Just sits there and beeps over and over. I wanted to see if anyone knew a method for resetting the FBL before I contact Horizon tomorrow.
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2021, 02:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Forward Programming - System setup - Factory Reset, dont forget to Calibrate sensor
Tim W is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2021, 03:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

That was my thought first but it will no longer connect to the Tx even after rebinding.
Old 02-07-2021, 04:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
HF Scale Support

Do you have the ability to connect it to the computer?

Don
Keyrigger is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2021, 04:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes. Connecting to the PC and running the updater through the Programmer is what caused the issue. It will connect to the PC and it recognizes the 6250. It pulls up the update window but will not update. I was hoping there might be a hidden option to reset it with the computer or otherwise as I canít do it through the transmitter. It seems like the update process started and got cut off in the middle.
Old 02-07-2021, 04:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
HF Scale Support

Rather than update to the newest version of the firmware for your model, try going backwards to the previous version that worked. When I have updated mine (both were open versions), I could scroll through and change to any other version that was on the list. There may have been a glitch in the uploading to your unit that has caused this to happen. Hope you can try another firmware version and then come back to the latest one.

Don
Old 02-07-2021, 04:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I tried that as well. Gives me the same error. I think itís destined for a trip back to Horizon. Maybe phone support with have a magic trick.
Old 02-07-2021, 05:13 PM   #8 (permalink)
HF Scale Support

Does one of your flying buddies have a USB cable that you might try to see if that is the source of the problem?

Don
Old 02-07-2021, 09:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sadly, no flying buddies yet. Hoping to find a club in the spring. I had then connected the USB cable to a Tx and it worked properly. After reading your message, I tested it again to update a satellite receiver and it worked normally.
Old 02-08-2021, 01:07 PM   #10 (permalink)
HF Scale Support

Maybe after talking with a tech, a trip to HH may be in order. Did you update the remote receiver as well?

Don
Old 02-08-2021, 01:08 PM   #11 (permalink)
HF Scale Support

Whoops, didn't see that you updated the remote.

Don
Old 02-08-2021, 05:49 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for all the help, Don, but Iím just an idiot. I got a hold of the HH tech and he had no idea either. He decided it probably needed to go back to them but was very hesitant saying these are very hard to brick this way. Before sending it back he asked me to pull all the servo leads and plug them back in to see if it might do anything. I didnít think it would help but did it anyway. Thatís when I noticed that the port on the side of the the heli that was wired to the bind port was also wired to the satellite. I had been using this to plug the USB cable in thinking it was just an extension. Left that cable out and plugged the cable directly into the receiver and it worked fine. It was getting confused hooked up to two devices. Iíll chalk it up to a learning experience. Sorry to drag you along.
Keyrigger and Bluebell like this.
Old 02-10-2021, 10:57 PM   #13 (permalink)
HF Scale Support

Don't sweat it, we've all done bonehead things setting up a helicopter. Glad it's working.

Don

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in