Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite)

Blade Helicopters (eFlite) Blade Helicopters (eFlite) CP, CX, mCX CX II, CX III. and others

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2021, 01:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Smart charger warning G2 Smart battery

Recently I received 3 3S 850mAh G2 Smart batteries, unfortunately with a new connector type: IC2. I have an adapter cable (SPMXCA320) that will make it so you can charge the batteries on their Smart chargers.

Here's the issue: I have a S1100 (SPMXC1080) Smart charger which I have updated to the latest firmware (1.0.0.29) as advised by Horizon Hobby. When I connect a new G2 IC2 battery to the charger I constantly get warnings to use the balance lead. In the end I can bypass the warning. Does anyone else have this warning?

When HH/Spektrum come out with new batteries without a balance lead, tells you to update the firmware on your Smart chargers, makes it sound so amazing, but then it becomes a warning-galore, I figured I can't be the only one.
Esky Kob (converted into scale Bell Huey), 200 SRX (converted into scale EC145), 230 S V2 (currently converting into scale MIL-MI 24 Hind), Fusion 360 (might become a 450 Airwolf), SAB Goblin Kraken 580
Fusion is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2021, 05:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-23-2021, 10:40 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Little update: I have charged a new G2 6S 1800 50C Smart battery (SPMX186S50) on the S1100. Unfortunately I had to bypass the balance lead warning by going into the menu and forcing it to start charging (so no auto-start as advertised). Once finished the battery was charged at 4.20 volts per cell, but after 25 minutes that was reduced to 4.13 volts per cell. So far I would not recommend charging a G2 battery with a G2-firmware (1.0.0.29) upgraded S1100 Smart charger. This could be just S1100 firmware related.
Esky Kob (converted into scale Bell Huey), 200 SRX (converted into scale EC145), 230 S V2 (currently converting into scale MIL-MI 24 Hind), Fusion 360 (might become a 450 Airwolf), SAB Goblin Kraken 580
Old 03-02-2021, 03:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

And another update. Seems like two days after my previous update (and ticket @Spektrum) they have released another firmware update (1.1.0.3) for the S1100. Click here. Just found this out after checking the HH website. There was no communication back from HH/Spektrum, but it should work. I hope these posts were at least some sort of help for those struggling with similar G2 charging issues

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in