Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 250 Class Electric Helicopters

250 Class Electric Helicopters 250 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2021, 04:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Blade 230S BNF or RTF?

Peoples, I need your input! I am not trying to confuse this but I’m looking at preordering the new blade 230S but I don’t know if I should get the BNF or RTF.

I already have a dx6e and a generic lipo charger that I use for my other rc lipos.

The BNF does not come with the battery or G2 smart charger and adapter. In Canada the difference is almost $150 more for BNF. Am I silly for spending more to get the whole package so I don’t have to buy things separate?

I heard that you have to use the spectrum smart charger with their battery to get telemetry features.

Thanks for any input.
Jeremy1234 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2021, 05:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you already have 800-950mah batteries, why not just get the BNF? You're not going to see telemetry with the DXS transmitter, and you should be able to download the SPM file for the DX6e Transmitter from Spektrum.

I have the 230s Version1 and its been a great learning heli.
Dan767 is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2021, 06:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I don’t have any lipos so will need to buy some for it. I also have a charger but I don’t think it’s compatible with the new smart batteries. If I got the RTF I can still bind my DX6e to it and get telemetry right? I guess my thinking is I get everything in the RTF but can just use my transmitter and not the one that comes with it. Does that make sense?
Old 02-19-2021, 07:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

The LiPo batteries included are the G2 Smart batteries and donít have a balance lead so you must use their charger, limiting your ability to charge a LiPo from another supplier. Meaning you must use their batteries. Set a timer and adjust it accordingly to land with the percentage of charge youíre comfortable with using a LiPo from a reputable dealer.
The only telemetry you get with the DXS transmitter are LED status lights to display the state of charge. There isnít telemetry of any kind I know of on the DX 6e. If itís me, I use the money to buy what you need and a few extra batteries. Youíll want those to spend more time flying!
Old 02-19-2021, 08:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Cool that helps a bit. So just so I understand you can’t charge the new spektrum batteries on a regular lipo charger because it doesn’t have balance leads? That’s kind of dumb. Is the only telemetry you get using their spectrum batteries the voltage level? Nothing else right?
Old 02-19-2021, 09:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy1234 View Post
Cool that helps a bit. So just so I understand you can’t charge the new spektrum batteries on a regular lipo charger because it doesn’t have balance leads? That’s kind of dumb. Is the only telemetry you get using their spectrum batteries the voltage level? Nothing else right?
You can charge them, you can't balance charge them, and that's not good.

Correct, you can't balance charge the G2 Smart battery on a standard charger, no balance leads.

The telemetry is just LED lights showing voltage level/state of charge.
Old 02-19-2021, 09:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok got it. Speaking for the dx6e though it would show voltage I think. I was told it does telemetry.
Old 02-19-2021, 09:51 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Ok got it. Speaking for the dx6e though it would show voltage I think. I was told it does telemetry.
See page 19 of the manual.
Old 02-20-2021, 07:35 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

The actual Heli and electronics are identical in the BNF and RTF right? Only difference is RTF comes with battery and transmitter? Meaning one can get RTF and bind a different transmitter?
Old 02-20-2021, 09:58 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you are just looking to get the smart battery and smart charger and use your DX6e you could buy the BNF (229.99 in the US) the smart battery (SPMX8503S30) 22.99 US) and the smart charger (SPMXC1020 19.99 US) might be a little cheaper and you'd have everything the RTF comes with except the transmitter that you don't need.
Old 02-20-2021, 10:31 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
The actual Heli and electronics are identical in the BNF and RTF right? Only difference is RTF comes with battery and transmitter? Meaning one can get RTF and bind a different transmitter?
Correct.
Old 02-20-2021, 10:46 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes that’s what I’m thinking of doing is getting BNF then buying charger and battery separate. Thanks for your help guys

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in