Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > AccuRC Flight Sim

AccuRC Flight Sim AccuRC Flight Sim Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2021, 11:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default VR 6DOF?

Hi all,

AccuRC2 is amazing in VR, it seems to be the thing that finally makes the sim click for me, so big thanks!

Only question, is it expected that VR operates only in 3DOF (3-degrees-of-freedom) even in free roam maps? I.e. it only tracks direction of my gaze, not orientation & translation? (This would presumably be only possible in the free-roam maps) If this is indeed not implemented, I'd like to kindly request this feature

Without it it does break immersion somewhat when I move slightly in my VR space, and if it was enabled it would be super cool to be able to step around the map slightly.

(Using Steam VR w/ Valve Index headset)

Thanks again!
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2021, 11:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ok, I was wrong, 6DOF is totally implemented, it just doesn't always seem to kick in. I just had a session where it was clearly working, I could step side to side and crouch down to inspect the heli...

It seems sometimes after opening the full screen settings page (VR goes into the clouds), then closing it 6DOF will sometimes kick in, and my view will be reset, but this doesn't seem to work everytime.

Maybe there is just a button or setting for this that I have missed?
Old 03-05-2021, 01:38 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have the same experience with Accurc VR. Sometimes opening and closing settings fixes it. Sometimes it doesn't. That's one of the reasons I prefer VR in RealFlight8. Its a more polished experience.
P@reez is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2021, 05:50 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

it seems to me that if 6DOF isn't implemented that some people would get motion sickness. I know I would. Tried 1st person in a quad at the flying field last summer. The moment I moved my head and the view didn't change, I nearly threw up.
XL Power Specter 700
fiddle is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2021, 07:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddle View Post
it seems to me that if 6DOF isn't implemented that some people would get motion sickness. I know I would. Tried 1st person in a quad at the flying field last summer. The moment I moved my head and the view didn't change, I nearly threw up.
I don't think we're referring to a 1st person quad type experience here. What we're referring to is that when you turn your head left, right, up, down, it all looks fine. But say you stand up or crouch down, the view doesn't translate up and down. Same goes for say you sidestep left or right or forwards or backwards. The view doesn't translate accordingly. This is what the OP is referring to as 3DOF vs 6DOF. I would think the 3DOF experience (as explained above) would be nausea inducing, while 6DOF would be more natural feeling, in line with reality.
P@reez is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2021, 05:32 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I don't think we're referring to a 1st person quad type experience here. What we're referring to is that when you turn your head left, right, up, down, it all looks fine. But say you stand up or crouch down, the view doesn't translate up and down. Same goes for say you sidestep left or right or forwards or backwards. The view doesn't translate accordingly. This is what the OP is referring to as 3DOF vs 6DOF. I would think the 3DOF experience (as explained above) would be nausea inducing, while 6DOF would be more natural feeling, in line with reality.
Thats exactly what I was saying. If I were to crouch or move left or right or forward or back and the view didn't change - i would be immediately sick. I was using a real world experience to illustrate that. Some people aren't affected by it (such as all the people flying 1st person quad copters). I personally am.
XL Power Specter 700
fiddle is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in