Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > KDS Helicopters General Discussion

KDS Helicopters General Discussion KDS Helicopters General Discussion

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Atomic Skull

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2021, 10:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default KDS???

Looks like the KDS forum is on the dead side. I was thinking of picking up a KDS from Banggood is KDS even still in business? I've been to the USA site but its down. I've been to the KDS FB page and no new updates on it. If I cant get parts I'm not gonna waste my time.
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2021, 04:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3d-wanna-b View Post
Looks like the KDS forum is on the dead side. I was thinking of picking up a KDS from Banggood is KDS even still in business? I've been to the USA site but its down. I've been to the KDS FB page and no new updates on it. If I cant get parts I'm not gonna waste my time.

DO NOT buy from Bangood I bought an A7 kit from there and it had a bunch of problems, then I got a NIB one later as a crash kit that had originally been purchased from KDS Model USA and that kit was perfect.

If you are going to buy an A7 or A5 try Monkeyhobby (directly or their aliexpress storefront) or Flywing RC also on Aliexpress.. I have ordered A7 parts from Monkeyhobby directly and also via Aliexpress and it took about 2 weeks to receive the package.

KDS Model USA has been down for about two weeks now. I was told by the (former) owner than he transferred the company to a new owner and that it should be back up soon. Whether it ever actually does come back up IDK, but they still had a lot of stock and I had ordered parts the week before the website went down.

EDIT: Hawk RC is another option.
rspiegel and CCaveman like this.
Atomic Skull is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2021, 10:28 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Looks to still be down, Facebook page has nothing since 2018?
Old 04-07-2021, 07:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinggoose View Post
Looks to still be down, Facebook page has nothing since 2018?

Yeah I know they still had a lot of parts stock before then because I had a bunch of stuff in my basket that I ended up not ordering. Then the next day they went down. So if they are just gone what happened to the parts? They haven't popped up on Amazon or Ebay.

Facebook pages was a fad with RC companies around 2016-18 most of them lost interest so that's not unusual.
Old 09-03-2021, 11:56 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

How to become new owner? What's catch
Old 09-19-2021, 05:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Looks like KDS is getting ready to introduce the A3 so they are still around at least.
Old 10-01-2021, 11:42 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I like the design of the 7.2 and 5.5, but they seemed overengineered.

Back in 2014 I bought a 5.5 and it flew very well. The battery insertion/removal was the only big downside.

The heli flew well (but heavy). Hoping KDS still stays in the game, as I heard the US distributor in Houston is no longer around. I think someone else was looking into taking over the US distributorship, but haven't heard anything definitive.
#749: The end won't be for everyone. The choice, to know, will be yours

-Let's Go Brandon!!!
Skeezix is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2021, 10:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeezix View Post
I like the design of the 7.2 and 5.5, but they seemed overengineered.

Back in 2014 I bought a 5.5 and it flew very well. The battery insertion/removal was the only big downside.

The heli flew well (but heavy). Hoping KDS still stays in the game, as I heard the US distributor in Houston is no longer around. I think someone else was looking into taking over the US distributorship, but haven't heard anything definitive.
Well they are preparing to introduce the A3 so I think they are still around.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003304586058.html

I have an A7 and it is less over engineered than the Agile 7.2. but I was disappointed that they went to a 25mm aluminum boom. The A7 also got rid of the unreliable single piece one way bearing and switched to a pair of common ramp roller clutches with radial bearings stacked on either side in the intermediate pulley like on a Goblin. (I would have just used a sprag clutch in the main gear hub like almost every other 700 uses)

The A5 got rid of the TT entirely and switched to a tail belt.

I got a couple sets of 7.2 boom mounts tail units and bearing holders cheap on a closeout sale and plan to eventually adapt it to the A7. The boom mounts are identical except for the 7.2 version being narrower and it should fit the A7 frame with some 3D printed spacers between the boom mount and the the frame.

The A7 kit I got from overseas came with a totally different canopy that can fit up to a 62mm tall motor and I was able to fit an 850MX (I can confirm that this motor will NOT fit under the old canopy)

The gear ratio on the A7 is too low to use a common 530kv motor unless you plan on running screaming headspeeds. If you want 1900rpm I'd recommend a 450kv or 490kv motor with a 19t or 20t pinion.

Last edited by Atomic Skull; 10-04-2021 at 10:56 PM..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in