Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Mikado V-BAR

Mikado V-BAR Mikado V-Stabi/V-BAR Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By fiddle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2021, 12:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Upgrading Vbar Mini/Blueline to a Neo

Hey all,

I'm exploring a few options here and have a few questions. Currently my setup is a Mini Vbar and a blueline Vbar with the external gyro on a Dx8. I'm flirting with the idea of a VControl and upgrading both my heli's to Neo's to have rescue/other new features.

I've tuned these heli's pretty well to their current VBar setup... how easy would it be to transfer this to the Neo/upgrade my TX to a VControl? I do not have backups of whatever the configuration is on the mini/BlueLine.... whatever is on them is on them and it works.

How does this upgrade/migration process work?
Tek18x is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2021, 12:38 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It is not possible to use a legacy device’s backup on a Neo. Setup is quick and easy with a VBC/VBCt.
Even loading the V6 firmware on legacy devices to enable a VSat connection to a VBC/VBCt will overwrite your setup.

Tuning the flight parameters are just as quick and easy with a VBC/VBCt and as you already understand the parameters it will only require a few flight to get it flying to your liking.
Old hand at Planks
Peter
Vinger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2021, 12:47 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinger View Post
It is not possible to use a legacy device’s backup on a Neo. Setup is quick and easy with a VBC/VBCt.
Even loading the V6 firmware on legacy devices to enable a VSat connection to a VBC/VBCt will overwrite your setup.

Tuning the flight parameters are just as quick and easy with a VBC/VBCt and as you already understand the parameters it will only require a few flight to get it flying to your liking.
Could i realistically plug up the old Vbar's and collect the parameters i have configured and then just manually set them in the neo??? if that is an equal transfer i'm cool with that
Tek18x is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2021, 05:44 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

it really isn't anything to be scared of. It literally only takes about five minutes per heli to set them up using a vbar control touch + NEO. Then, if you run through this tuning document with each one: https://www.vstabi.info/en/node/2043 you will be most of the way there. You can then tweak to your liking.
Rabid121 likes this.
XL Power Specter 700
fiddle is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2021, 11:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek18x View Post
Could i realistically plug up the old Vbar's and collect the parameters i have configured and then just manually set them in the neo??? if that is an equal transfer i'm cool with that
No you cannot load a saved legacy device setup to a Neo.
Old hand at Planks
Peter
Vinger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in