Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics

JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics JR and Spektrum Radios, Gyros, Servos, Etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2021, 02:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Spektrum dx9 black edition trim in reverse

Hello in my spektrum dx9 black edition if i I press the elevator stick in one direction, in the section monitor the cursor it moves one way.
Now if i press trim elevator in the same direction as the stick, in the section monitor the cursor moves in the opposite direction.
So if I press the trim the servo moves in the opposite direction.
I have memory helicopter with flat 120 degrees.I fly in mode 1.
Help me please
spider88 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2021, 08:42 AM   #2 (permalink)
HF Scale Support

Hi,

What helicopter is it and what receiver/gyro system is in it?

Don
Keyrigger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2021, 01:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Hello in my spektrum dx9 black edition if i I press the elevator stick in one direction, in the section monitor the cursor it moves one way.
Now if i press trim elevator in the same direction as the stick, in the section monitor the cursor moves in the opposite direction.
So if I press the trim the servo moves in the opposite direction.
I have memory helicopter with flat 120 degrees.I fly in mode 1.
Help me please
With the DX9's "Swashplate Type" set to "3 Servos 120" implies you are flying a flybar equipped helicopter.
If you don't have a flybar and are not using an Align 3GX, "3 Servos 120" would be the wrong DX9 "Swashplate Type" to use for almost any modern FBL flight controller.
Assuming you are flying a flybar equipped helicopter, "3 Servos 120" should not change how the trim works in relationship to the collective or cyclic stick's function.

If you are looking at the DX9's "Monitor" screen, you are seeing what the servos are doing and not what the functions are doing.
That seems confusing, but you have to understand that the 3 servos that are connected to the swashplate are NOT the elevator, aileron and pitch servos.

The transmitter is reading the movement of the collective and cyclic sticks and then mixing the 3 swash servo channels together to move the swashplate to match what the sticks are commanding.
EG: If you pull back on the "elevator" stick (aka: "back cyclic"), 1 of the servos will move "up" and 2 of the servos will move "down" to tilt the typical swashplate backwards.

Look on Wikipedia for "RC helicopter eCCPM" (electronic Cyclic, Collective, Pitch Mixing) for a more complete description.
The "collective" and "cyclic" are functions that are assigned to sticks on the transmitter and not directly related to the servos on the helicopter.

Keeping in mind that the "Monitor" screen on the transmitter is showing you the servo directions, and with the typical swashplate servo setup, it is likely that 1 or 2 of the swashplate servos may have needed to be reversed when the heli was initially setup and that may cause more confusion.

So it is possible that moving the "cyclic" or "collective" trim may cause 2 or 3 servos to move but some may move up and some may move down (as seen on the "Monitor" screen).

The real question is: What is happening on the swashplate when you move the Collective or Cyclic sticks and trim levers?
If everything looks right and it flies okay, then all is good.

Last edited by ticedoff8; 04-02-2021 at 01:55 PM..
ticedoff8 is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2021, 02:42 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

is one trex 600 cf (with flybar).
I mounted and i have set 30 helicopter.
I know very well how a model flies.
In 30 helicopter this problem it never happened to me or to other pilots.
The models flies perfectly only one flaw it has.
If i use trim left stick, the trim moves the servants in the opposite direction.
I have a doubt.
If a person perform the calibration of the radio, left stick only.
The calibration is done in reverse.
Are the trims calibrated in reverse?
Or the stick have one direction and the trim have other direction?

PS
yes all the servants move as you described yours.

No i don't use a model flybarless i use one model with flybar.

The problem starts from the radio, the model and the servo they just do that is what the radio says.

In monitor all radios I have tried have the trims following the direction of the stick
spider88 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2021, 10:20 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not sure if this is related or not, but at one time there was a software bug that could cause the channel endpoints and possibly the trims to work incorrectly if those trims or endpoints were adjusted after first reversing the channel. The fix was to make the endpoint adjustments first before reversing the channel

Is the elevator channel set to reverse in the TX, and if so does the behavior change by changing it back to normal with 100% endpoints?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in