Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Main Forum - Helicopter Talk

Main Forum - Helicopter Talk R/C Helicopters and the people who fly them. VENDOR TOPICS DO NOT GO HERE. Full Scale Heli threads go in OT please

Like Tree67Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2021, 04:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default IRCHA 2021

I have never been to IRCHA. I would like to go this year. I do not plan on flying. Can I just show up or how does this work? Are there vendors there? Mainly looking for a Mikado GLOGO 690 SX and to experience IRCHA for the first time. Thanks.
iGhost is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2021, 09:04 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Spectating at the Jamboree is free. Whether it's worth the trip or not depends a whole lot on what the state of the world is when August rolls around.
The traditional IRCHA was a lot of fun as a spectator. There were tons of vendors, demos, and events going on all weekend.
Last year, there were no vendors, a handful of demos and contests, and it was pretty much a casual "grab a flight station and fly as much as you want" kind of event. Coming to that without a heli of your own would be pretty disappointing.

I don't know what the next few months will be like but I think it's safe to say that there won't be any attendees from overseas, so that knocks out quite a few of the vendors and their pilots.

Last edited by ArmchairNinja; 04-13-2021 at 12:45 PM..
ArmchairNinja is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2021, 10:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

If it's not a big drive for you to IRCHA, I would advise to do that. Probably only Saturday. The big vendors should be there so you should be able to get what you want. If you have never experienced such an event might be good. I agree it likely won't be as big as other times, more like a funfly feel than a trade show, but likely that scale tent will be there which is fun to just watch and for sure a ton of amazing flights. They don't have noon time demos per se but still plenty of pro pilots use center stage to support their sponsors throughout the day. There are also raffles and overall is a good time just to meet up and talk to people. But again it's mostly like a big funfly.
Team Aeropanda / Podcast host Skids Up
toadiscoil is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2021, 10:53 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think this year will be iffy, but I think it will be better than what I heard it was last year. The situation in the US may be much better by then, but who's to say how it will be in other countries where some of the mfgs would travel from. Hopefully, given how the last year was people will be excited to get out and show up. I guess I wouldn't count on many vendors, but who knows. Definitely hoping to see the Oxy tent highlighting their new 700

EGODRIFT Team, Lynx/Oxy Field Rep
jrman83 is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2021, 12:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrman83 View Post
Definitely hoping to see the Oxy tent highlighting their new 700
You and me both!!

The US-based Oxy team is within driving distance, so I hope they will come this year. They're a fun bunch to hang out with, as well.
Old 04-13-2021, 01:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yup you can just show up, free to spectate. Might as well bring a heli in case you feel like flying if you are within driving distance. Last year it really had the feel of a big fun fly and it was a great time. I think soon we will see what vendors do decide to come. Last year I think there was a couple, but nothing like what there has been previous years.
Old 04-13-2021, 09:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks everyone for your words!
iGhost is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2021, 11:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

IMHO. If it's drivable, just go.

Helidirect is within driving distance from IRCHA. I think they will deliver your purchase to the AMA field when IRCHA is going on. Not 100% sure, but that's what happened in 2019.

The trade show atmosphere has slipped into the past for now. The folks that attend the event now seem more concerned with BS'n and flying.

You will regret not bringing something to fly. The atmosphere is pretty contagious.

If I was looking for deals, I would wait for Black Friday, or the classifieds here.
RCHN #791, JR Forza 700x4 (one night rig), Align 700x, Synergy E5 stretched to 625, Oxy 5 stretched to 626, Diabolo 700 BE, Diabolo L, Spartan Vortex FBL.
Hopester is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2021, 05:52 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Requirements to fly for foreigners?

I have some great news, I might have to travel to the US for work and it looks like the dates align, so that I will be able to go to IRCHA!

That would be really great. I watched so many videos about the event and read all the posts here, but never thought I would be able to go. I am crazy about helis, but not enough to pay the tickets to the US just for the event.

It made me even think about taking an Oxy 4 with me and fly there. But it seems like I would need to register and also be an active member of the AMA. Since I live in Germany I am not a member there.

Anyone has an idea how guest pilots from overseas can manage to fly there?
ArmchairNinja likes this.
Hobee is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2021, 09:12 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

For overseas visitors, visit the AMA during the week on-site, and they will get you set up as a guest.
ArmchairNinja and Hobee like this.
Old 06-16-2021, 06:49 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrman83 View Post
Definitely hoping to see the Oxy tent highlighting their new 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmchairNinja View Post
You and me both!!

The US-based Oxy team is within driving distance, so I hope they will come this year. They're a fun bunch to hang out with, as well.
apparently no oxy tent according to Luca on Skids up podcast but he didn't rule out someone from the team having something to show at IRCHA maybe...
XL Power Specter 700
fiddle is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2021, 08:00 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

There's been no word on who any of the sponsors will be this year. Really interested to find out what kind of showing there will be.
Old 06-18-2021, 08:24 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmchairNinja View Post
There's been no word on who any of the sponsors will be this year. Really interested to find out what kind of showing there will be.
Sponsorship applications just closed down 3 days ago (was extended). My guess is we will know more soon enough.

EGODRIFT Team, Lynx/Oxy Field Rep
jrman83 is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2021, 12:28 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok, thought I would dredge this thread back up to the top, not seeing ANYTHING new on the event at all on this site.

Anyone already there? Watching and/or participating in the Nats, just plain setting up and flying already?

Did anyone take in the AMAs national funfly?
bikneli is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2021, 06:26 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

many people are there. They are sharing videos and the like on FB. This site is not heavily trafficked anymore.
XL Power Specter 700
Old 08-02-2021, 07:05 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up

I've never been to IRCHA before and live about four hours away. Do the vendors usually offer discounts or deals? I want to purchase a new heli (whiplash-T) and was hoping to see it in person before making the purchase. I also need all the goodies that go along with it. I was wondering if I might save a few bucks. Plus, it sounds like a good time. Any insight would be appreciated.
Nightshaded is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2021, 07:41 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default IRCHA

You MIGHT get a deal on some items, but do not count on it. It is very expensive to be a vendor at IRCHA.

There will be a lot of people there flying all kinds of machines. You may get to see one your interested in purchasing. Many are for sale, new and used. I have seen a bunch of astounding deals made.

Rumor has it that there will be several prototype new models flying from various vendors.

You will will probably have a great time!

I will be there Weds thru Sunday.
mgrezmer is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2021, 07:59 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the heads up! It's killing me because I plan on making a substantial purchase and I want to save as much as possible so my fiance doesn't murder me. I want a new heli so bad and Helidirect is taking forever to drop a 10% sale.
Nightshaded is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2021, 08:24 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default IRCHA

Yah, patience is important. I spent six months collecting everything for my TDSF. Love flying it now!

Last edited by mgrezmer; 08-02-2021 at 08:25 PM.. Reason: Poor grammar
mgrezmer is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2021, 06:17 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightshaded View Post
I've never been to IRCHA before and live about four hours away. Do the vendors usually offer discounts or deals? I want to purchase a new heli (whiplash-T) and was hoping to see it in person before making the purchase. I also need all the goodies that go along with it. I was wondering if I might save a few bucks. Plus, it sounds like a good time. Any insight would be appreciated.
My first year there (2019), Helidirect had a deal on one helicopter. It was used. Gaui was there and was selling the X5 kit at a discount until they were gone. I really didn't see any other deals.

Miniature Aircraft was there also. They didn't have any kits for sale but you could see all their models (also they were doing flying demonstrations periodically). Only Helidirect and Horizon Hobby were there last year (as well as some smaller vendors like RCbearings.com). Don't know who will be there this year.
XL Power Specter 700

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in