Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Main Forum - Helicopter Talk

Main Forum - Helicopter Talk R/C Helicopters and the people who fly them. VENDOR TOPICS DO NOT GO HERE. Full Scale Heli threads go in OT please

Like Tree67Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2021, 10:14 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

There are a few ďfor saleĒ threads that say IRCHA delivery. Thatís just here. Pretty sure plenty of good used deals. Wish I had money to spend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
toadiscoil is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2021, 05:01 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddle View Post
Miniature Aircraft was there also.
Well, I'm now 100% sold on going. I plan on buying a whiplash turbine and I really want to see one in person before I make the purchase. Plus I want to ask a bunch of questions since I've only ever flown electric (goblin 500). I just looked and it appears that MA will be there this year again. Thanks for the heads up! I just booked my hotel for Friday night. I'll see you wildcats on Saturday. 👌 I'm excited.
fiddle likes this.
Nightshaded is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2021, 05:20 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Saturday is the best day. There will be lots of demo flights and things I'm sure - assuming that it has returned to normal
Nightshaded likes this.
XL Power Specter 700
fiddle is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2021, 09:33 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Iíve been to about 4-5 IRCHAs before and was there today. Itís smaller than before (not surprising) but there were still lots of people that setup, vendors, and all the usual festivities. It was pretty easy to get some flight time in edges with little wait. Still a very fun event even if it not nearly as packed with people and vendors as before.
reALIGNed likes this.
dominoedge is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2021, 07:20 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominoedge View Post
Iíve been to about 4-5 IRCHAs before and was there today. Itís smaller than before (not surprising) but there were still lots of people that setup, vendors, and all the usual festivities. It was pretty easy to get some flight time in edges with little wait. Still a very fun event even if it not nearly as packed with people and vendors as before.
Covid - almost no international presence. The vendors that are there that are international have no actual company reps there. its all team pilots and the like manning the tents.
XL Power Specter 700
Old 08-07-2021, 07:29 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Great experience so far. Didn't video as many videos as I wanted but met with several people I was looking forward to and some surprises. If you're there meet me up at the far right end of the flight line.
Team Aeropanda / Podcast host Skids Up
Old 08-07-2021, 12:09 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Got to IRCHA on Thursday afternoon. What a blast! This was I believe my 5th trip to this event with the exception of last year. Was great to see some old friends, meet some new ones including Javier, and get some flights in. Terrific to see that so many brands are well represented too.

Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
reALIGNed and rspiegel like this.
Rogue22 is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2021, 11:31 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

It was cool but everyone was killing it. Wherever you looked it seemed like only pros were flying at any given time. The level of skill was insane. I didnít want to continue flying after that with my poor skills. Have to hit the sim hard this winter. Everyoneís stepping it up.

The night flying on Friday was super fun. I sneaked in with the pilots to get a better view. I didnít like the Blade plane guys were invading the Heli zone but thankfully nothing happened.

After Chris Diamantiís flight I thought no one could step up but flight after flight everyone started flying amazing. As I said a lot of talent out there.

Wish I could have stayed for Battle of the Brands but had to drive back. Still was lots of fun. 14 flights across both days with no casualties. Learned also a few more tricks of setup and tuning.

Man so many awesome people in this hobby everyone super friendly. Was awesome to meet people face to face lots of new faces for me.

I also escaped nitro-free hehe.

reALIGNed and bikneli like this.
Old 08-07-2021, 11:50 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue22 View Post
Got to IRCHA on Thursday afternoon. What a blast! This was I believe my 5th trip to this event with the exception of last year. Was great to see some old friends, meet some new ones including Javier, and get some flights in. Terrific to see that so many brands are well represented too.

Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Great to meet you too 😁

Old 08-08-2021, 01:34 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just got back to my hotel after my first IRCHA. What an amazing event! Definitely coming back next year.

CagedVR6 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2021, 06:40 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Was a great event! Great to meet you Javier! Also, he is being modest with his flying skills. He could definitely hang with the other pilots there. Perhaps not the pros but the normal pilots for sure! I was happy to do my figure 8s and some funnels. Met a bunch of people in person including Javier and Ben (and his wife and his dog). Was a great time. I will, of course, be back next year!
bikneli likes this.
XL Power Specter 700
Old 08-08-2021, 10:51 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice to see things are getting back to normal at IRCHA, compared to last year. I was dying to go but the Wisconsin tornadoes we had the week before kept me from going, tons of repairs and clean up...........next year for sure, I'll be there.
reALIGNed is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2021, 10:52 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Was a great event! Great to meet you Javier! Also, he is being modest with his flying skills. He could definitely hang with the other pilots there. Perhaps not the pros but the normal pilots for sure! I was happy to do my figure 8s and some funnels. Met a bunch of people in person including Javier and Ben (and his wife and his dog). Was a great time. I will, of course, be back next year!

Dude was awesome hanging out with you. Looking forward to next year!

fiddle likes this.
Old 08-08-2021, 11:32 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Who won battle of brands?
ssschmidt4 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2021, 12:56 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

I planned to go all year and I unfortunately didn’t get to. Any videos or pictures being posted here?
rcelectric is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2021, 04:52 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Heard Nick Maxwell won. I took a few videos and I got help filming some of mine. Will be releasing one daily and will be placing them here.

Old 08-08-2021, 05:24 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

IRCHA 2021 - Goblin 570 - Friday afternoon flight (3 min 46 sec)

crf69 and jackovart like this.
Old 08-08-2021, 05:39 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssschmidt4 View Post
Who won battle of brands?
Quote:
Originally Posted by toadiscoil View Post
Heard Nick Maxwell won. I took a few videos and I got help filming some of mine. Will be releasing one daily and will be placing them here.

Nick Maxwell did indeed win. Was a massively good flight. Kyle Stacy a close second I thought. There was a tie for second but I forget the two pilot names they announced. Javier: Marco came in fourth (unofficially I guess but thats what I heard) for Egodrift

Quote:
Dude was awesome hanging out with you. Looking forward to next year!
Me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcelectric View Post
I planned to go all year and I unfortunately didn’t get to. Any videos or pictures being posted here?
I was going to take a bunch of video and pictures but it turned out I was too lazy. Lord I wish I would have shot some video of the night fly competition. It was epic!
EGODRIFT likes this.
XL Power Specter 700
Old 08-08-2021, 11:12 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
It was cool but everyone was killing it. Wherever you looked it seemed like only pros were flying at any given time. The level of skill was insane. I didnít want to continue flying after that with my poor skills. Have to hit the sim hard this winter. Everyoneís stepping it up.
Whatcha talkin'?? Just watched your video.....Fiddle was right, you are way down-playing your flying IMO; nice flying
fiddle likes this.
bikneli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2021, 11:31 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Wouldn't have known if I passed either one of you at any time, of course

Somehow got to meet 'Hobee' from Germany by chance, was pretty cool, and Cagedrv6, hope he finally gets/ or got his Oxy tail dialed in!

Got some good flying in and took all helis home in one piece. And didn't even take anything else home except a new battery and a give-away Scorpion work mat, which will come in very handy.

Another one in the books that was still very worth coming to yet again
fiddle likes this.
bikneli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in