Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 360CFX

360CFX Blade 360 CFX Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2021, 02:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Just couldn’t resist

Just ordered the 6s tri blade from my rc shop with discount 380 in the uk. Coming up from my 230s so intend to fly with 3s and tame it down hopefully. Feels like a big step��
Lumpycustard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2021, 11:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would just fly it with 6s, just drop your head speed a little to where you feel comfortable and just start off with some simple moves, hover, circuits etc until you feel comfortable. Running on the lower cell count will give issues with gearing and head speed and possibly esc is not setup for 3s.

Last edited by blarks; 04-20-2021 at 09:53 AM..
blarks is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2021, 08:45 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I did a similar jump from a 200SRX to a 360CFX. It does feel like a huge step.

I would recommend to first feel comfortable with the 230S and keep the 360 in a shelf for now. You already have it, so you can now fly it whenever. Crash the 230S a few times, learn the basics of how to rebuild and setup. And very important learn how to "reset" yourself. That is, learn how to go back to a comfortable position (usually tail-in upright) from almost any situation. And also make sure you learn that while on Idle Up 2, full headspeed and unlocked 3D agility.

Then go and fly the 360 in Idle Up 1. Ignore Normal mode. This should give you low headspeed so you can get started to get used to it.

Also I cannot stress enough to use a computer simulation software to keep practicing and advancing. There are a few methods that use the sim as their tool, I recommend to go through those.

I think with this approach you should be feeling comfortable with the 360 in a short time and then shortly after move it up to full headspeed and agility, even if still flying upright sport.

Cheers!
Team Aeropanda / Podcast host Skids Up
toadiscoil is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2021, 11:28 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for the input, I have heli x sim, I’ve been using it for 3 months or so with 3 or 4 sim sessions a week. I don’t fly 3D with the 230 but blast it about and have got quite comfortable with it. Nice steady learning and great fun
Lumpycustard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in