Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Jeti Duplex Radio Systems

Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2021, 09:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Hobbywing V4 ESC Telemetry Question

I have a Goblin 500 with a old HW 100 V3 ESC, Jeti 75amp MUI for telemetry, and a Bavanan Demon 3X FBL unit.

The HW100 ESC appears to be dead. It will not spin up the motor and when I plug in the program board it will not connect to the ESC. It just beeps and displays connecting to ESC. Note the BEC parts still works and everything else on the heli works.

If I put in a new HW 80amp V4 ESC will I be able to get voltage and current telemetry data with the BD 3X or do I also need a newer FBL like a Ikon2 or Spirit. Like to dump the MUI if possible.

Thanks
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2021, 07:03 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

The HW80A is full telemetry capable. Can't speak to requirement of BD3X, but the HW80 is capable. I would likely put on the HW120, but an 80 may work fine.

EGODRIFT Team, Lynx/Oxy Field Rep
jrman83 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2021, 07:18 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Hobbywing Platinum V4

I fly the Spirit FBL with both HW V4 and Kontronik ESCs.

The HW V4 provides telemetry to the Spirit FBL and works well. See the link below for details.

HobbyWing Telemetry - Spirit System Manual

For the Spirit RS:
SpiritRS Telemetry - Spirit System Manual

Someone, please correct me if I'm mistaken, but from what I remember about the 3X/3SX, you can NOT get telemetry from the HW V4 via the BD3X directly.

Try the Spirit FBL (I like the RS units) You'll appreciate the full integration between Sprit and Jeti, including full model setup from the Jeti!
TDR TDSF TDF, DIABOLO-BE, GENESIS, RAW 700, KRAKEN 700, JETI+SPIRIT GTR
Roadkinghd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2021, 02:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

None of the Bavarian Demon products support ESC telemetry. ESC telemetry is only possible with a FBL that supports it, a Jlog, or with ESC's that support Jeti Xbus. The BD Axon has good integration with Jeti, not sure of the 3SX/3X series. Hobbywing does not communicate XBUS to Jeti... not without a Spirit or MSH ikon/Brain or a JLog device.
Old 04-25-2021, 08:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC8CYF View Post
None of the Bavarian Demon products support ESC telemetry. ESC telemetry is only possible with a FBL that supports it, a Jlog, or with ESC's that support Jeti Xbus. The BD Axon has good integration with Jeti, not sure of the 3SX/3X series. Hobbywing does not communicate XBUS to Jeti... not without a Spirit or MSH ikon/Brain or a JLog device.

Thanks.
Old 04-28-2021, 08:57 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Edit: never mind I saw the OP was already using an MUI so knows about that option...

One question to the OP though is did the ESC stop working after a firmware update? I have managed to get my HW V3 100A to brick when updating to one of the latest firmware versions. It even had trouble connecting to the HW software afterwards. The fix was to install an earlier version of the HW software on the PC then roll back the firmware and everything worked again....

//Dennis
Thunder Fighter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2021, 09:54 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

[QUOTE=Thunder Fighter;8298097

One question to the OP though is did the ESC stop working after a firmware update? I have managed to get my HW V3 100A to brick when updating to one of the latest firmware versions. It even had trouble connecting to the HW software afterwards. The fix was to install an earlier version of the HW software on the PC then roll back the firmware and everything worked again....

//Dennis[/QUOTE]

No firmware updates. I had a normal flight and landed. About an hour later I swapped batterys and tried to fly again. The motor would not spool up, everything else worked. When throttle is applied the motor does make a buzzing sound. Tired a different motor and it would not spin that motor either. Tried both motors with a YGE ESC I had and both worked. I then tried to connect a HW program box to the ESC and it would not connect.

Thanks for the ideal.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in