Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Main Forum - Helicopter Talk

Main Forum - Helicopter Talk R/C Helicopters and the people who fly them. VENDOR TOPICS DO NOT GO HERE. Full Scale Heli threads go in OT please

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2021, 10:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Buy oxy 5 meg or wait for oxy 7?

I currently don't have a large machine that I like flying. I'm considering going the oxy 5 meg route, but what are the odds of seeing an Oxy 7 release this year? Should I wait?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Aerotec88 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2021, 10:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerotec88 View Post
I currently don't have a large machine that I like flying. I'm considering going the oxy 5 meg route, but what are the odds of seeing an Oxy 7 release this year? Should I wait?

Who knows when the Oxy 7 is coming out. I haven't heard a peep about it. You'd probably be better off getting the 5 or you could be waiting for over a year.

XL 550 Egodrift 1220kv, OMG cyclic servos, KST tail, HW 120amp ESC, Ikon 2 FBL.Oxy 3 Tareq, xnova motor, MKS servos, IKon2, HW esc. 2 blade 70s
Blades345 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2021, 10:51 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerotec88 View Post
I think if an Oxy 700 was going to be released this year, you'd know by time IRCHA rolls around (August). If you don't know by then, I would say not this year. That is not that long to wait - not if you really wanted the Oxy.

EGODRIFT Team, Lynx/Oxy Field Rep
jrman83 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2021, 11:38 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'd say no chance of an Oxy7 this year. If you looks at previous all new Oxy models there has been some 'official leaks' about the models well in advance. Usually the year before release because Oxy have never rushed new models into production. Even when released for order there is usually a wait before they are actually available in the flesh.

As far as i know there has never been anything official whatsoever to even indicate that there will be an Oxy 7, let alone a commitment to any release date. It seems like it's just one of those things that been speculated about so much that it's now become accepted as reality.

Dont get me wrong, I expect there will be an Oxy 7 at some point but to put off purchase of a new heli in wait for it would be nuts at this point, it may be years away. There are lots of great 700s out there, no need to wait.
Blades345, bikneli and KiwiBlair like this.
Old 04-24-2021, 11:50 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

get the oxy5 meg and you'll forget all about a 700..
acidla and jrman83 like this.
Old 04-24-2021, 11:54 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

So was there ever any official news from Oxy (or even any hint) that an Oxy 7 is on the way. Or am I right in thinking that it's all pure end user speculation?
Old 04-24-2021, 12:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Obviously, if there was something official we wouldn't be talking in the hopeful tense. Not even speculation, only wishful thinking.

Old 04-24-2021, 12:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoggie View Post
So was there ever any official news from Oxy (or even any hint) that an Oxy 7 is on the way. Or am I right in thinking that it's all pure end user speculation?
Nothing official... just rumors and speculation. I am speculating/hoping it will look similar to the pic below with a larger diameter, possibly square or teardrop shape boom with no supports.

Compass Chronos | 7HVU | 550U | Atom 500 | Oxy 5 HF 560 | 5 HF 625 | Gaui X3 #1 | X3 #2
cyclo is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2021, 02:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Tron unfortunately beat the Oxy to market with their 700, which will look very similar i'd guess, based on what the Oxy5 looks like.
DCflyer is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2021, 02:19 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrman83 View Post
Obviously, if there was something official we wouldn't be talking in the hopeful tense. Not even speculation, only wishful thinking.
By definition, is 'Wishful thinking' not a form of speculation?

The point I was trying to make is that there never has been any communication via any official source that there will be an Oxy 7, let alone any schedule to when it might be available. So it would be crazy to hold off on a purchase of a new heli based on what is pure speculation/wishful thinking about a heli that might never come to pass for all we know.
Old 04-24-2021, 02:24 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

sorry, duplicate post
Old 04-24-2021, 02:29 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclo View Post
Nothing official... just rumors and speculation. I am speculating/hoping it will look similar to the pic below with a larger diameter, possibly square or teardrop shape boom with no supports.
Might MTECC not be a bit upset if Oxy shamelessly ripped off the Chronos RSR

BTW.. what's happened with the Chonos RSR? The 'Covid19 delay' excuse is wearing a bit thin is it not?
Old 04-24-2021, 05:19 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

their too busy working on covid 20

supposed to be right on schedule
tungvo likes this.
Old 04-24-2021, 06:29 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

BTW.. what's happened with the Chonos RSR? The 'Covid19 delay' excuse is wearing a bit thin is it not?
I'm sure I read that Sebastian Zajonz has quit the heli business. If that's the case, there will be no Chronos RSR.
Old 04-24-2021, 06:47 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Wasn't Luca helping MTTEC when Compass folded?

Old 04-24-2021, 06:52 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
By definition, is 'Wishful thinking' not a form of speculation?

The point I was trying to make is that there never has been any communication via any official source that there will be an Oxy 7, let alone any schedule to when it might be available. So it would be crazy to hold off on a purchase of a new heli based on what is pure speculation/wishful thinking about a heli that might never come to pass for all we know.
No. Speculation is a theory without facts to support it. Or, at least that is what I thought it was. Wishful thinking is just that - not a theory. Point I was trying to make is OF COURSE it is not official or the OP would have not started out with "what are the odds".

As far as what Oxy could do this year? Anything is possible. It is only April. I wouldn't think they just started working or testing it yesterday. But hey, who knows? It's okay for the OP to be hopeful if he chooses to be.

Old 04-24-2021, 07:04 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCflyer View Post
Tron unfortunately beat the Oxy to market with their 700, which will look very similar i'd guess, based on what the Oxy5 looks like.
I don't think the two are in direct competition with each other. Luca has on numerous occasions called out the design features of the Tron that are from the Oxy. I don't think enthusiasts looking for either will be one in the same type of person in the hobby. For me personally, I could care less what the T700 looks like - it will never be delivered to this house.
bredler and KiwiBlair like this.

Old 04-24-2021, 09:03 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCflyer View Post
Just so folks know how a Tron 700 looks like... I think it looks cool.
Tron 7.0 windy spring flying (3 min 43 sec)
Clinton1 likes this.
Compass Chronos | 7HVU | 550U | Atom 500 | Oxy 5 HF 560 | 5 HF 625 | Gaui X3 #1 | X3 #2
cyclo is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2021, 10:23 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks guys! I think I'll take your advise and go ahead with the Oxy 5. The tron 700 does look cool, but I'm impressed with the Oxy community and support so I think I'll stick with Oxy for now.

ArmchairNinja and KiwiBlair like this.
Aerotec88 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2021, 10:23 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice flight,but i have to admit half of the time i was enthralled by the beautiful background.
jhamel and Clinton1 like this.
MSH Protos 700X- Cyclones-Xnova-Xpert-VBar Neo
flipboy is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in